“Excellent, modern hotel, superb.”

Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan
Ranked #31 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. Proved to be a fantastic choice of hotel. The staff were fantastic, helpful and polite. The rooms were lovely, spacious and clean. The restaurant was great, with a fantastic buffet and array of food. Only negatives are the lack of free Wi-Fi and the distance from town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear. benjamin_smith2

On behalf of the entire team at Novotel Seoul Ambassador Doksan Hotel, we thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit.

We will continually strive to maximize guest satisfaction and will continually work towards providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests.
We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the warm and caring services provided by our associates and that you found our associates to be 'Excellent'. I have shared your valuable comments with all our team members.

Regarding the free WIFI,
We would recommend you to reserve a room under Ambassador Executive Floor or Novotel Suite Floor for your next stay. Those two kinds of rooms go with free internet access and breakfast and they will be more suitable for business guest. In addition, the guests who hold the membership cards are eligible to use WIFI free internet, so it is very recommendable for you to join the membership program. The process to do it will be letting you know upon your check-in. The fee for membership is absolutely free.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan

Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 30 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is a bit far out of the center. So if you are looking for sightseeing in downtown Seoul, this hotel is not your choice. But apart from that it is great. From the airport you reach the hotel in a reasonable time. It is basically located in the south of Seoul. So if you have to do some business there or in Ansan city, you will be fine. The hotel is good.
It fulfills the 4star standards. The breakfast area and parts of the lobby just got renovated. The rooms are good and have a acceptable size.

The service is fine and the club below the hotel does not have an impact on the hotel noise.

All over all it is a quite good hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear. Gauchdogg

Warm greetings from Novotel Seoul Ambassador Doksan!
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Seoul.
Your comments are much valuable and important to all of us and I would like to offer our sincere thanks for your kind review.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Novotel was so easy get to from ICN airport. The bus stops directly in front of the hotel. Check in was super brief as I arrived late and was the only person there anyway. The staff were very pleasant and nice. I stayed for 2 days and a daily breakfast buffet was included. There's ample selection and the dining hall was clean and bright. My only gripe was the distance it took me to go to the city center. I took a taxi most of the time and the train once, and it almost took me an hour to get back to the hotel from downtown Seoul. If you are visiting places nearby or has a conference at the hotel, this is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear. Samantha G,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to tell us about your experience at Novotel Seoul Ambassador Doksan
I would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your effort to leave a compliment to our service and hotel facilities.
We are pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Seoul Ambassador Doksan.
Thank you again for taking time to share your feedback about our service and look forward to serving you in the near future!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've stayed here several times, the most recent in March.

This time, without any real reason I was upgraded to what I'll describe as a corner suite. It was quite interesting - a bit like a small apartment. I always find the rooms curious here - some have washing machines and this one had a huge fridge freezer and cooking equipment etc.. If I was staying for longer than one night I'd really like this room again.

It can be a tad dated but I'm okay with that as I think the pricing is fair. The internet is fast and free as long as you are a member of their guest programme. Otherwise its quite expensive. Just take a little time to join and its worth it.

I don't normally take the breakfast as its a buffet thing but to be fair again, its better than most and if its your thing to load up in a morning, then go for it.

The reception service can vary greatly. Sometimes its great. Sometimes indifferent.

I haven't tried the pool area as I'm generally too busy. The bar downstairs (with the band) is fine but the drinks are fairly expensive but this is offset by the decent entertainment.

Overall, I like staying here and it represents good value. With Seoul it depends on where your doing business as you don't want to be stuck in the crazy traffic forever! So this place works just fine for me.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank s2rmtrooper
General Manager – Richard Chung, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doksan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear. s2rmtrooper

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your comments which assist us greatly in getting to know our guests and improving our services.

I shared your comment with the concerned department and I am taking the proper actions to enhance the service. I will surely train our staffs to improve their performance for more efficient and comfortable service.

About Fitness, we recommend that you use our facilities next time. Our Fitness is well equipped with in-door swimming pool and golf range.

Also, we have newly renovated buffet restaurant and lobby lounge. Please give us the warmest interests in the all new Lobby level restaurant and we promise to present best quality service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit.