“It is a business hotel”

Ranked #13 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Hong Kong, China
“It is a business hotel”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel is good and I think it offered good afternoon tea in lounge as it is always filled with people.. No communication problem with staff, room is spacious, location is good, but it just won't attract me come back again if I am a sightseeing traveller. I think there are more comparable or better options if you will pay for the same rate. This is a business hotel.
The room is spacious with a large window looking out to the traffic road. Nice town view. The room is classic or you call it dated? One thing I don't understand is there is no kettle in the room? But they provide tea bags in room? Cold water for tea? Of course, you can always call for one to send to your room.
The hotel is situated in very down town area of Seoul. It is connected with a department store and downstairs will be the bus terminal, and further down is the subway. It is convenient, as we manage to get to the gangnam station very easily and quickly from the subway station underneath the hotel. However, easy as it sounds to get to the subway, we would rather prefer hotel with subway station next to it. I am thinking it could be lot more easier to get to the subway station if you actually walk out from the hotel and walk towards the subway station. Hotel like this which is connected to the subway may means a lot of walk inside, and you probably won't remember the way back when there are similar stores on the way.
The airport bus station is close if you are travelled light, but far if you are travelled with lots of shopping. We could see the heavy traffic in the area, so airport bus don't come on time.
I would said this hotel is a business hotel and I believe it serve businessmen needs very well. As a sightseeing tourist, I think there will be other better choice. Again, nothing is wrong with the hotel. It just don't fit with my traveling purpose.

Room Tip: I suppose the higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Vivianne T,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review. I hope to see you with us again in the future.
Please feel free to email me before you come back on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Matthew Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 May 2014

From check-in through departure, this hotel provided excellent service for my short stay. The room was clean and comfortable. It was quiet during the night, but during the day, I could hear service doors being opened and closed at the very end of my corridor (I was at the far end next to these doors). This hotel has some of the noisiest doors I've encountered in a deluxe hotel.

Everything else was outstanding, particularly the great breakfast in the executive lounge. Fresh doughnuts make for a wonderful start to the day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Human44,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am very sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with the doors. The problem is fixed right away and I promise you that it will not happen again. Please email me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com before your next stay so that I can take great care of you.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I’d like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation to the Executive Floor team as they were absolutely brilliant during my recent stay (April 30th – May 2nd) in Seoul.

In particular, I’d like to give special recognition to Jessie and Dorothy who were both instrumental in ensuring that my business meetings held at the Executive Floor were a success.

I have the good fortune to travel extensively and get to experience the highs (and lows) of staying at different hotels throughout the region and have come to appreciate the special value that the JW Marriott Seoul offers me whenever I visit Korea.

A special thanks to Ying (Pimpicha Nuchpakdee) for her gracious interest during my time at this property. I look forward to the pleasure of staying at the JW Seoul in the very near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear PaulDC57,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a great review. The 2 associates you mentioned from executive floor team are truly outstanding individuals and deserve to be recognized. I will celebrate their achievements in a very public manner. I will also deliver your thanks to Ying.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to connect me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com before your next stay.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is my third stay at the JW Marriott Seoul over the past 13 months. I have been impressed with the highest level of service, attentive attitude of the staff, and willingness to help with everything from tracking down duty free prices to finding a T-money card. If I need a taxi to the nearby US Army facilities...the concierge desk is always willing to make a phone call to the AAFES Taxi Dispatch ensuring the needed transportation is on the way.

The Executive Lounge is excellent! None better! I have stayed at Marriott properties in Copenhagen, Denmark, Stuttgart, Germany, Garmisch, Germany and the JW Marriott Essex House...and the JW Marriott Seoul beats them all!

I have stayed at this hotel as a government business traveler, and will continue to do so in the future!

Room Tip: Executive level rooms offer space and in room amenities which make the stay most enjoyable.
2 Thank Charles H
Dear Charles H,

Thank you so much for your review and very nice compliment. I do agree with you that we have the best Executive Lounge with amazing associates.

I truly appreciate your patronage and look forward to meeting you on your next stay. Please feel free to connect with me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com at any time.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I travel extensively. I've stayed at the JW MARRIOTT Seoul many times, and continue to be pleasantly surprised with the exceptional service this Hotel consistently offers... my latest experience is one that I must share... I entered my beautiful room on May 3rd, and to my surprise, my alarm clock was on the desk, in a plastic bag, with my name on it! I thought I had lost this clock, and could not figure out where it had gone, I searched my home, and had traveled to Taiwan, Japan, and China...in the interim... to my pleasant surprise "house keeping" had held this clock for me, and had placed it in my room on my return visit... "Exceptional service" is the norm for this Hotel, the Staff, front desk, house keeping, the Executive lounge, the gym... The Best!!! This Hotel Exemplifies what "JW" stands for...

1 Thank Darrell C H
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Darrell C H,

What a great review! Thank you so much for the nice compliment. It certainly inspires my people to continue with providing the ‘exceptional JW service’.

I look forward to meeting you on your future stay with us. Please feel free to connect with me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com before your next stay.

North Potomac, MD
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is my 5th stay in this hotel. The service is great with a great staff. As a member of the Marriott Rewards program I get free Wifi in the hotel. On the last night, we got a room with a Nespresso machine and a bidet in the bathroom. The staff noticed my preferences and was able to accommodate my request. The breakfast buffet was included in my room rates and the selection of food at the buffet was also really good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Nespresso machine and a bidet. These items were in the room on the 31st floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear hwy18,

We really appreciate your patronage as well as your 3rd review of our hotel. Your positive comments go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates and hosts that we are on the right track.

I look forward to meeting you on your future visit. Please feel free to reach me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com before your next stay.

Methuen, MA
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great location in the city center. Very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Rooms are very large and comfortable with very nice large bathrooms. Has a very large gym and swimming pool if you need to use during your stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mylah99,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review. I look forward to seeing you in the hotel again soon. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.