“Perfect!”

Ranked #13 of 473 Hotels in Seoul
Munich, Germany
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Shilla for 3 days during a business trip, and i was really impressed. The rooms have been renovated lately and are in perfect condition, especially the bathrooms. The spa and the pool are just great. The breakfast offers a rich choice of asian and western dishes. The service was great, a staff member is in reach any time. I really enjoyed my stay except the hot and steamy weather. But that's a thing Even The Shilla can't change.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 1969jmh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed in two hotels in Seoul during the period of 25th Jun to 2nd Jul. The first four nights I spent in JW Marriott Dongdaemun, the next two nights at Shilla Hotel. Not aware of how and where, I got an insect bite on my finger, which developed into a big red lump in less than 24 hours I found it, just the night I moved in Shilla Hotel.

Shilla's front desk assistants gave me very good advice, helped me look for pharmacy and offered free transportation and translator to accompany me to the ER at a famous Korean hospital. It made me feel like I was just looked after by family members. I'd like to thank you for your care and assistance, without which I might just have to end my trip abruptly. Now, I think my trip was full of wonderful and interesting experience.

An extra note, the bedding of Shilla hotel was of very good quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Queenie20142014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed in The Shilla Hotel a few times over the past 2 months every time I visited Korea for business. Quite surprised with all those details (toiletries to amenity) and excellent food quality and taste. Even for the banquet and conference, the quality and taste of food stood out and surprised me. New interior design is superb, simple, elegant but modern, but room size isn't that big enough. Breakfast buffet is AMAZING but very expensive. I have been very pleased with the attentive and very giving service. Swimming pool is simply amazing as well but too much of kids shouting and runnung around. NEVER relaxing. Always need TAXI to reach somewhere, so nothing much around the hotel except duty free shop, which seems the cheapest place to buy any luxury goods all over Asia. I believe the hotel offers the best bed and bedding sets. Such heavenly. For this price I paid, I'd rather try somewhere cheaper though. I'd love to come back at business expense, but not at my own expense.

Room Tip: Stay at higher floor to enjoy the view. If you want a nature, please choose the mountain views. City...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank B J
hong kong
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Still okay but has gotten expensive and slid downhill from a few years back. I used to love this place as was typical Korea and service was great. Now wa become quite standard and not a good value . There are better choices in Seoul for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank nellieHongKong
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Under no circumstances should this be sold as a relaxing, quiet resort. I found it anything but. Extremely busy; especially the pool area throughout the entire day with screaming children and large families.

I have rated it still very good because it is not the hotel's fault but it should be known to a prospective guest that a lot of previous guests here bring their children. Therefore I would not recommend for a child free/ relaxing weekend with adults.

However it is there fault for not having a cocktail list .. what kind of five star hotel doesnt have even one type of cocktail!

Having said that service was exceptional, hotel was beautiful (on this inside); the outside looks like a run down marriott and the food although extremely expensive compared to most seoul restaurants I have been to, all tasted very good.

Having spent close to £200 for one night .. I have rated it just very good (at a push); purely based on the efforts of staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank caytafee
Causeway Bay
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We got told that Shilla is the best in Seoul.

my gf and i stayed here two night. It's decent enough but not as nice as what I heard Shilla are. Bright, modern, new rennovated architecture but it's really not outstanding... The mini-bar in room has a small selection. I didn't eat anything but it all looked like expensive, cheap food. Didn't go to the lounge either but again, expensive for just a drink.
The pool, I went there, it was PACKED with local korean family. If you want a decent chilling afternoon, do not go there. The baby went from the pool to the spa...made 2 local business call in room and got charged A LOT. Shilla must have forgotten we are still in the 80s. The hotel was clean, and was a decent, comfortable place to stay on but it's way overpriced for the services/quality it delivers.

Room Tip: go to the new marriot
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank kib813
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Shilla has spoiled me for any other hotel when I visit Seoul. I love love love this hotel. From the pickup by car service at the airport to late night room service - everything was wonderful.The service is amazing, the food wonderful, the decor impeccable - the best. The Shilla provides Molton Brown products for their guests, I was hooked from the first shower.

It is likely that this will be the only hotel I will use in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business