“great!”

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #23 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip.
I loved the room service and quality of Korean food.
Unfortunately I barely used any other facilities, though it's obviously very central and has highly trained and polite staff.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.

We are afraid you couldn't use hotel facilities kinds of pool, sauna and nice gym.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again and use them. We will do our best so that you would feel home away from home .

Carol Choi / Service Express Manager

There are newer reviews for The Westin Chosun Seoul

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Westin Chosun Seoul will celebrate its 100th year later in 2014, and it's easy to see why it may last for another century. Centrally located in a financial area of Seoul, the hotel features great service, particularly for visitors who do not speak Korean, combined with modern business-like facilities. Rooms are generously-sized with many thoughtful touches. An entrance to the underground mall leading to a subway is just 200 feet from the hotel entrance, while a decently-sized restaurant area sits about two blocks away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Greetings from the Westin Chosun, Seoul, Korea

This is carol choi of service express manager, on behalf of our management.

Thank you again for taking time to review about our service.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are always truly welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The title says it all. My wife and I are staying here right now and couldn't be happier. The hotel staff are very helpful - probably the best service in ever had in a hotel. The location couldn't be better for site seeing and exploring the city.

If you're looking for a place to stay in Seoul, look no further. The Weetin-Chosun is a great option.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H

Greetings from the Westin Chosun, Seoul, Korea

This is carol choi of service express manager, on behalf of our management;

All of hotel associate couldn't be happier with your stay and compliment.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am a little remiss in writing this months after but I was reminded of the excellent services rendered as I booked them for an upcoming trip.
I was tired after a tiring trip to Tokyo where I had lost my card case prior to arriving in Seoul. It was a relief to check into Chosun which I was familiar with. I was upgraded to club floor at check in and it was much appreciated.
Also, I had to leave something at the concierge for a friend living in Seoul who was away in Jeju while I was in Seoul. The staff made sure she got it a week later when she returned to Seoul. This is not always possible even in a 5 star establishment.
The day of check out, I had a box I was planning to check in and the staff helped with giving me the necessary tape and tools to secure the box.
I am looking forward to another stay at Chosun on Friday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Greetings from the Westin Chosun, Seoul, Korea

This is carol choi of service express manager, on behalf of our management; I would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your effort to leave a compliment to our service and hotel facilities.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here with my 3 children (ages 7, 10, & 16) for 8 days over winter break during our first trip to Korea. The front desk staff were very accommodating and housekeeping staff quickly attended to our every need. Our very clean Executive level family room was only just big enough to fit a king bed and rollaway, but the bathroom was spacious with a deep soaking tub and adjustable Grohe shower head, and lots of quality toiletries...and the kids loved the Toto bidet toilet. The king bed we had was extremely firm, much firmer than the normal Westin Heavenly mattress you find in the US. Booking an executive level room includes 2 continental breakfasts daily which allowed us to eat 1 meal a day that wasn't Korean food! (We love Korean food, but 2 meals a day for 8 days was pushing it.)

We booked a full day tour thru the hotel concierge and we were very happy with the private custom tour. Our guide had lived in the US previously, so her English was very good. I also used their spa, which is very nice, but only open to ages 17 and older. I highly recommend the massage and body scrub.

The hotel location in Myeongdong is ideal, just a few steps out the back entrance to all the shops and night life of Myeongdong. The City Hall subway station entrance is just outside of the hotel's main driveway and ice skating at City Hall was just a couple blocks away. There are several small convenience stores within a block of the hotel, as well as some great coffee shops and Korean bbq restaurants.

Korea with the kids was easy, everyone was very nice, and we never felt uncomfortable about having the kids around. We are so happy with our stay at the Westin Chosun and will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Seoul.

Room Tip: Booking an executive level room includes 2 continental breakfasts daily which allowed us to eat 1 me...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 February 2014

It's the 2nd time we're staying in this hotel. Good location, close by Myeondong yet far from the hustle bustle of the maddening crowd. It's easy to cross over to the non-stop shopping via the clean and bright pedestrain subway. Nice room with enough room to move around without bumping into table corners, clean and crispy white bedding, clean window panes, clean furniture. Coffee machine with coffee capsules and all the trimmings ; few kinds of tea bags ; two free bottles of distilled water ; sufficient toiletires including comb ; toothbrush ; shampoo, conditioner ; vanity wet ; body wash; body lotion; sanitary bag ; sewing kit ; shower cap and free slippers. Samsung TV and plugs everywhere. Laundry bags ; shoe horn ; safe ; iron and ironing board + umbrella well provided. No turn down service though. The worst bit is the bath tub where drainage is slow unless the plug is pulled up. It's also bad that they don't have a full panel to shield the water splashing from the shower inside the tub. The hand basin is stained and drainage is slow too. One good thing is the warmed toilet seat that is an added bonus on a chilly Korean winter day where it was -3 degrees C. Front desk lady staff were appealing and spoke good English, all lady staff looked naturally good without the famous Korean plastic face lift ( LOL ) while the team of young men at the revolving glass door on Lower Lobby as well as Lobby were all amiable; warm ; smiling ; courteous ; rather tall , well built and good-looking. 100% better looking than Psy. The blokes English is not perfect but sufficient to get things done. 'The airport coach that took us to and fro the airport was punctual, clean, comfy and safe. It saves the hassle of expensive car rental and the big wide windows were clean so you could enjoy the scenery outside without the often found greasy hair marks that are off-putting. Much better than Lotte where we last stayed 2 years ago.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking floor and a corner room is usually quieter. the higher the floor, the better, bu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I chose this holiday for a 4 day stay with my family of four primarily for the location.

And I was right!

It is only 1 street away from Meoung-dong, the Times Square of New York / Piccadilly Circus of London. We arrived around 9-ish on Lunar New Year's Day, thinking nothing much will be open for dinner on a public holiday. Turned out the streets were still bustling with activity, and we found a nice little restaurant serving great pork cutlet just 10 minute walk from the hotel. So for the remaining nights, we just strolled around the area and picked from the vast array of restaurants. My kids loved it.

The hotel itself was ok. Check-in was relatively efficient; receptionist saw our group and managed to change to a twin room. The room itself was clean, decent, average size for a 4.5-5 star Asian hotel and well-stocked with all the amenities. Pity we didn't sample the pool and gym, but they looked nice. I didn't use the club lounge because I'd need to pay extra for access for wife and children (they wouldn't "comp" it), which I thought at almost US$30 per head it wasn't worth it. Concierge was helpful in booking the city tour for us. Perhaps the most worth mentioning was the doorman/porter who was very responsive. At departure, we asked for our luggage to be brought out while we took the children to the bathroom. By the time we came back everything was nicely stowed into a waiting taxi ready to dash to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family