Just returned from my 1st trip to Korea and stayed here for 6 nights.
All I've got to say is INCREDIBLE location. This property is literally walking distance to all the major districts and sights in the city. Infamous Myeongdong (lots and lots of shops and street food) is literally a stone's throw away, Line 1 & 2 (City Hall) station is about 5 mins walk away and if you don't mind walking, you can literally go through some of Seoul's famous locations completely by foot - Hanok Village, Lotte Duty Free, Riverside walk (which spans about 13km's), Gyeongbokgung palace (the most famous), Namdaemon market.. list goes on.
Unlike most of Seoul where not many would understand English, every staff in this hotel speaks perfect English. Communication not a problem here - plus they are extremely well mannered & polite!
Room was great - no complaints here. Although it's an old hotel, they've done major renovations to keep up with the latest tech and trends - it smells great and looks great. Like the little touch where you touch the lift 'sensor' and your floor is automatically selected. Oh and it's worth mentioning that they possibly have the best hotel gym - easily comparable to some of the top notch dedicated gyms around the world. Very very well equipped.
Also like to thank Ms Jinny Choi from the Concierge who was extremely patient with my thousands of questions, gave tonnes of advice and helping my wife & I make numerous bookings for restaurants and shows around the city - thank you!
Finally, if there's something I'd like improvement on - that'd be the buffet breakfast. Although I loved the spread and variety, it'd be nice to have a change in the spread every other day.
One quick tip - get the free SPG membership which you can register online. Mention the membership number and voila - FREE super fast internet throughout your stay :)
Will I come back? YES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Seoul's main business and shopping district, the Westin Chosun Seoul is within easy walking distance of major embassies, banks, commercial and government offices, as well as national museums, historic palaces and local markets. 462 Spacious rooms, including 40suites, are exceptionally furnished with every modern amenity. Advanced features include Westin's signature Heavenly Bed, anti-allergy carpet, premium espresso coffee machine, LED TV with Internet, oversized beds, individually controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator, mini bar, in-room electronic safe, full-size writing desk with office task chair, and voice mail. • Institutional Investor - World's Top 100 Hotels (4 consecutive years) • Asiamoney - Best Hotel in Seoul (3 consecutive years) • Travel +Leisure - World's Best 500 Hotels • Conde Nast Travel - Best Hotel in Seoul • Smart Travel Asia - Asia' Top 25 Business Hotels (5 consecutive years) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Chosun Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul
- Westin Seoul
- Seoul Westin