“Very central, amazing facilities & incredible staff!”

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #20 of 497 Hotels in Seoul
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very central, amazing facilities & incredible staff!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from my 1st trip to Korea and stayed here for 6 nights.

All I've got to say is INCREDIBLE location. This property is literally walking distance to all the major districts and sights in the city. Infamous Myeongdong (lots and lots of shops and street food) is literally a stone's throw away, Line 1 & 2 (City Hall) station is about 5 mins walk away and if you don't mind walking, you can literally go through some of Seoul's famous locations completely by foot - Hanok Village, Lotte Duty Free, Riverside walk (which spans about 13km's), Gyeongbokgung palace (the most famous), Namdaemon market.. list goes on.

Unlike most of Seoul where not many would understand English, every staff in this hotel speaks perfect English. Communication not a problem here - plus they are extremely well mannered & polite!

Room was great - no complaints here. Although it's an old hotel, they've done major renovations to keep up with the latest tech and trends - it smells great and looks great. Like the little touch where you touch the lift 'sensor' and your floor is automatically selected. Oh and it's worth mentioning that they possibly have the best hotel gym - easily comparable to some of the top notch dedicated gyms around the world. Very very well equipped.

Also like to thank Ms Jinny Choi from the Concierge who was extremely patient with my thousands of questions, gave tonnes of advice and helping my wife & I make numerous bookings for restaurants and shows around the city - thank you!

Finally, if there's something I'd like improvement on - that'd be the buffet breakfast. Although I loved the spread and variety, it'd be nice to have a change in the spread every other day.

One quick tip - get the free SPG membership which you can register online. Mention the membership number and voila - FREE super fast internet throughout your stay :)

Will I come back? YES!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment especially Jinny Choi of concierge.

We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Carol Choi / GRO Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have stayed in this hotel a few times before. It is very convenient, close to shopping district Myeongdong, next to Lotte Department Store and direct access to underground shopping street.

Rooms are nicely appointed, even though a bit old. Rooms are clean and beddings are comfortable.

Concierge service is excellent here. They gave good advice re restaurant, tour and shopping.

We have tried the Japanese restaurant. Food quality is good, yet, expensive.

We will stay here again....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.

diver-traveller1
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for business meetings in the city. We also had meetings at the hotel. The service was impeccable, rooms were great, and location great for walks to shopping and palaces after work. An easy recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Recently spent another 3 nights at the Westin.

Westin Chousan offers everything you need for a great business stay in Seoul, central location, very good executive lounge, on site restaurant's and one of the best gym's in Asia, if your a swimmer they even have a great lap pool.

On the value to price ratio the hotel is on the pricier side, as the rooms are nice but nothing to write home about.

The downstairs circle bar offers a nice place to end the day with live jazz....overall still the best place to stay in Seoul

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here during one of my regular business trips to Seoul. It was a variation to my normal routine, since I normally stay nearer my office in Gangnam, but I wanted to spend time with friends during this trip so I chose this hotel (mainly because of it's location).

I booked an executive club room so I had access to the club lounge.

The hotel is generally very nice - great decor, good condition, service standards from the staff are generally very high and the room was very nice (although smaller than I expected, but it's downtown Seoul so I guess that makes sense). I didn't use the public restaurants or bars in the hotel, but they looked good so the only thing that stopped me was limited time.

The one blemish I experienced concerned the executive club lounge. On my first night at the hotel, I went to the lounge during the cocktail hour and was told I couldn't go in because it was full!!!!!! After a wait of about 20 mins, one of the lounge concierges told me that the hotel would give me vouchers to get a drink in the public bar. I pointed out that wasn't the service I was paying for as a guest (the club rooms are quite a bit more expensive than regular rooms). After a wait of nearly 40 mins, I was able to use the lounge (just as cocktail hour was ending, obviously).

So from where I stand, either the lounge has insufficient capacity, or the hotel is selling too many executive club rooms - either way I paid for a service that they failed to provide.

This would have completely spoiled the hotel for me, but I think the manager on duty realized the seriousness of the issue and, to be fair, he did try to apologize to me that evening but I was too angry to give him a hearing. The hotel renewed the apology the next day and sent a nice gift basket to my room (wine, cheese, you know the kind of thing). By their skilled handling, they reduced a disaster to a mere blemish.

Without this problem, I would have given the hotel a 5, but I gave them a 4 due to the lounge issue.

It's a great hotel decor wise, the location is top notch, and the staff give great service, but if you are an executive club guest, I would recommend you go to the cocktail hour as soon as they open, or you may find yourself waiting in line.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Markie_Mark115
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun

Thank you very much for your staying with us.

All your comments have been reported to our management, and all the corrective actions have been made accordingly and we open the happy hour earlier 1 hour on weeknd. I would extend my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with us.
To enhance the satisfaction for our guests all staffs are committed to improving the services.

Thank you again for your bringing these matters to our attention, and we, all our Westin Chosun Seoul, associates will truly welcome you again.

New York, NY
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at the Westin Chosun Hotel for two nights and would definitely stay there again if I return to Seoul. The room was comfortable -- including the always amazing Westin bed -- and very clean. Internet service was great and I found the hotel and my room to be quiet and conducive to getting work done. The hotel gym is one of the best I've used. There are plenty of cardio machines as well as an extensive set of weight machines and a stretching area with items you don't always see in a hotel gym, like a foam roller. There are also workout clothes available if you forget to bring what you need. The hotel restaurants have great food but the restaurant prices are shocking. If you care at all what you spend on breakfast, you may wish to go to one of the nearby Starbucks stores (there are two in very close proximity to the hotel). I found other pricing such as the room rate to be reasonable. Overall service at the hotel is outstanding. The staff were on standby to help at any hour of the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have a pleasant stay at the Westin Chosun Hotel. I had an executive room with access to the lounge. The lounge service was very good, with a nice selection of food for breakfast and evening snacks with drinks. The hotel room was of a good size and the amenities were excellent. I found the staff very helpful and used the concierge to book me a private half day tour, which was great for someone who did not have much time to see the sites of the city. Like everything in Seoul, hotel food is expensive, so i am glad i opted for the executive lounge. The hotel is very efficient, large and busy, so if you want personal service choose a smaller boutique hotel. The location is excellent and is in easy walk to the metro, tourist sites and a variety of restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to see the city of Seoul.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank s_pearceHoChiMinh
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment regarding the Westin Executive Lounge and hotel facilities.
We are encouraged by your nice comment.