“Best Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel is located in the best area of Seoul. It is located in the middle of the shopping district with walking distance to Myeongdong, Insadong, Namdaemun and Dongdaemun.
The Hotel itself is very clean and the room sizes are good, however, the restaurants are expensive .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Carol Choi / GRO Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two week for business in the executive room. My wife joined me during my 2nd week of my stay and we wanted to extend a night to walk around. However, the hotel told us that it was full and cannot even give us any late chk out! We had to change hotel on our last day of stay. Throughout my stay, the hotel only gave me bottled water on my 1st day here, i had to call for water every SINGLE day!
They sometimes take more than half an hr to deliver my water!
One of the morning, the tap water was yellowish and dirty and i tried to call to operator to find out why, there was no answer even after a few calls. I had to walk down to the reception to ask whats happening! They told me that they will come up to clean up the mess in the toilet while i am having my breakfast, and they came only at 12pm when i was napping!
They will also leave me a message on my phone every single day when i rejected the evening turn down service! I had to call the operator to listen to that stupid voicemail every single day before the red light on the phone stopped blinking!! How dumb is that!
I wouldnt expect this kind of service in a five star hotel and I dont feel welcome at all! I wont be coming back to this hotel for sure!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cloudy007
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.

All your comments have been reported to our management, and all the corrective actions have been made accordingly and I would extend my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with us.
To enhance the satisfaction for our guests all staffs are committed to improving the services.

Thank you again for your bringing these matters to our attention, and we, all our Westin Chosun Seoul, associates will truly welcome you again.

Carol Choi /GRO Manager
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Exceptional hotel with staff that are multilingual & go out of their way to help.
Great location & within walking distance of palaces and major shopping areas, both department stores and night markets.
Rooms are spacious with really comfortable beds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a Westin regular (15 nights? per year). Used to stay here at the Westin Chosun more than 10 times between 1996-2006 and was a big fan of this property for many years. During a most recent visit I was appalled by the poor service and excessive pricing in the Japanese, Italian, and 20th floor breakfast restaurant, as well as the bar. Examples: had to walk to waiters in the smallish Italian restaurant to get service, paid $700 for a 3 person sushi dinner at the Japanese restuarant, or $20 for a piece of not-so-fresh cake. To my colleagues and I this felt like daylight robbery. One should feel good about staying in a Westin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank F C
Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.

Carol Choi / Service Express Manager
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great hotel located in the business area of Seoul. The Lotte Shopping Mall is adjacent and there are lots of sites that are close by including the Deoksugung Palace.

The lobby is somewhat modern, and beautifully appointed with lots of wood and comfy chairs. Check-in was fast and easy and everyone spoke English! The rook was large and very comfortable. It had the typical Starwood heavenly beds with lots of pillows and a nice sitting area and desk for working. The bath/shower and dressing area were also the large and lovely.

Breakfast in the Aria was excellent, but pricey. About 48,00KW which equates to around $45.00 for breakfast!. Everything is buffet with lots of choices. I ordered eggs the way I like them (scrambled with cheese) and they were perfect. I also asked for hot chocolate and they prepared it for me. One afternoon I went to the Circle Lobby Lounge to relax and enjoy a glass of wine. This came with some delicious snacks, an attentive waitress and soft music. There were many business people enjoying this lounge, just as I was. Fo lunch there is a small bakery in the hotel that has pastries that are simply out of this world. I found a sweet pumpkin stuffed roll that was different than anything I’ve ever had. They also had one with sweet potato. Yummy!

Great hotel with great service. I give it five stars!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at theCircle and bakery.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I did not come with any expectations to that hotel but must admit that it exceeded by far what I expected. Service is really excellent. It start with the possibility to check in already at the airport and even to order last minute a hotel car to be driven to the hotel. Simply go to the hotel boot. Gym and spa are among of the best I have tried in any hotel globally due to the size and choice of quality equipment. Club level is really great value for money. Choice of restaurants is very good with particularly an excellent Italian restaurant. Finally location is very central and close to everything. All in all really excellent value for money. I´ll come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from my 1st trip to Korea and stayed here for 6 nights.

All I've got to say is INCREDIBLE location. This property is literally walking distance to all the major districts and sights in the city. Infamous Myeongdong (lots and lots of shops and street food) is literally a stone's throw away, Line 1 & 2 (City Hall) station is about 5 mins walk away and if you don't mind walking, you can literally go through some of Seoul's famous locations completely by foot - Hanok Village, Lotte Duty Free, Riverside walk (which spans about 13km's), Gyeongbokgung palace (the most famous), Namdaemon market.. list goes on.

Unlike most of Seoul where not many would understand English, every staff in this hotel speaks perfect English. Communication not a problem here - plus they are extremely well mannered & polite!

Room was great - no complaints here. Although it's an old hotel, they've done major renovations to keep up with the latest tech and trends - it smells great and looks great. Like the little touch where you touch the lift 'sensor' and your floor is automatically selected. Oh and it's worth mentioning that they possibly have the best hotel gym - easily comparable to some of the top notch dedicated gyms around the world. Very very well equipped.

Also like to thank Ms Jinny Choi from the Concierge who was extremely patient with my thousands of questions, gave tonnes of advice and helping my wife & I make numerous bookings for restaurants and shows around the city - thank you!

Finally, if there's something I'd like improvement on - that'd be the buffet breakfast. Although I loved the spread and variety, it'd be nice to have a change in the spread every other day.

One quick tip - get the free SPG membership which you can register online. Mention the membership number and voila - FREE super fast internet throughout your stay :)

Will I come back? YES!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment especially Jinny Choi of concierge.