“Superb facilities, location, and service”

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #18 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Dallas, Texas
“Superb facilities, location, and service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed for four nights in July in business. This was my second stay at this property, and I came back after having tried another hotel in Seoul I didn't like so much. The Westin is stylish and well-maintained property. The guest rooms are fairly large (I had no problems clearing space for my morning yoga practice) and well-equipped with minibar, nice TVs, and complimentary water and a Nespresso machine. The bathroom was nice and relatively roomy, too.

There is very fast wifi throughout the hotel, and you only need to check in once at the beginning of the stay. I was streaming video from the US in my room, and streaming Amazon music at the gym with no hiccups.

The gym is large and well-equipped, with lots of weights and machines, and probably around a couple dozen cardio machines, all facing a window that gives a fun look at the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown Seoul intersection. The health club has a pool and apparently some kind of sauna/steam room, neither of which I tried on this trip.

I had breakfast each morning at the downstairs Aria restaurant. It is again stylishly decorated and the buffet selection is very good, spanning Western and Asian styles. My only surprise was having to turn back at 6:45am when my jet-lagged stomach demanded breakfast the first morning - turns out the breakfast room opens at 7am. I think this is a bit unusual in a business hotel like this. I also got some coffee at the downstairs bake shop, and was very happy with the offering. I had a beer at the downstairs bar with a colleague one night. It has a great view of an ancient temple that is right next to the hotel and an upscale ambience, and a very upscale price list too.

The service at the Westin is par excellence. Everyone is very friendly and attentive. Room service seems to patrol in the rooms every hour or so, and even more often than that in the early evening period when they are getting the rooms ready for the night. I used the laundry service, which was very pricey, but fast and with impeccable quality.

Overall this is my HQ for my Seoul trips. My only caveat is that the prices of ancillary services on top of the otherwise reasonable room rates (our corporate rate is 250k won) are very high - $16 for a bottle of beer from the mini-bar is unreasonable by any standards, as is $8 for washing a single undergarment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your valuable review. We sincerely appreciate you for the valuable comment.

All associates at Westin Chosun Seroul Hotel strive to provide most comfortable stay to all our guests. All of our guests wellbeing and comfort is very important to us, we will do our utmost to enhance the quality of our hotel experience for next visit.

Please kindly contact me in the near future and we will ensure you with a pleasant stay.

Carol Choi of GRO manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was by far the nicest Westin I've stayed at. I'm probably a little biased with this review because I was traveling with my brother who is at the highest level of the SPG program and got executive suite upgrades. These came with access to the lounge where they had an amazing spread for breakfast and free cocktail "hour" which included top shelf liquor, a selection of mixers, and a buffet of snacks that could easily be a meal. Even though we were visiting here from the US and wanted to take advantage of all the amazing Korean food in the city, it was hard to pass this up. The suites also came equipped with Hermes bath and body products, which was very impressive, and an extra quarter bathroom. We all felt very pampered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Carol Choi of GRO manager
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've never stayed at a Westin with this kind of 5-star service. Anything I needed was taken care of; the staff foresaw my needs and their attitudes were so friendly and accommodating. The gym was so nice! and the locker room even had spare, clean socks! From the comfy bed and the well ammenitied bath to the great executive lounge and the amazing service -- this Westin was my all-time favorite!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your visit to the Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we are pleased to read that all requirements met your satisfaction.
Our associates continually strive to improve our service delivery and your warm words are the best motivation to continue.
I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Westin Chosun hotel within the near future.

Carol Choi
Manager of Guest Relations Officer
Singapore
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Can't go wrong if you pick this hotel, whether for business or leisure. Very well located in the centre of Seoul. Service from staff is simply excellent. Rooms are well kept and clean. It's very popular so there were times when I couldn't get a room in advance. 5 mins walk down the back of the hotel and you're in one of the main shopping districts of Seoul, where there's an abundance of shops and restaurants.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul.

First of all thank you for the great review of our hotel!
It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I was extremely impressed with the service and accommodations. I really enjoyed my stay and when I go back to Seoul I will definitely stay there again. If I had any complaint it would be that the room service prices were outrageous, while the room rate was commensurate with the level of service. But overall the location, the conditions of the rooms and the service were really fantastic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visited Westin Chosun once again. The location is the best (all those business district and tourist spots are within reach). I have never had any better service anywhere else. Service is the best and very professional and attentive. Even the doorman and concierge remembered my name and room numbers from day 1 and always try to accommodate the comfort every moment. Bakery shop on the basement level offers very good bread and patisserie at reasonable price. Food is superb, but overall unbelievably expensive. Gym and swimming pool are simply the state of art. I'd like to emphasise that the whole facilities are quite outdated except restaurant, lobby, gym and swimming pool. The gym/sauna staff is kind but garners much more attention to the members over hotel guest, which is understandable. Sauna is available only to the guest staying at executive levels. The hotel is reasonably priced for the location, but you'd find it reasonable to go out to eat. Oh, the traditional Korean garden is very beautiful. Hidden gem of the city life. I wasn't quite happy with the cleaness of my room. Found the bed skirt was stained with coffee but wasn't replaced while I stayed there for 10 days. Toiletries and amenity are quite poor overall. For budget tourist who would like to stay this area, I would like to recommend either Hotel Shin Shin or Fraser Place Namdaemoon.

Room Tip: SPG member can stay at higher floor (much quieter and better views). Make sure to register SPG and t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was may second stay at The Westin Chosun Seoul. Had to wait until 1500 hrs for room readiness just like my first stay in March this year. Hotel location is just near Myong Dong street with various tourist attraction and nice restsurants. Good place to stay except you have to wait the room to be ready at 1500 hrs sharp.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business