I stayed for four nights in July in business. This was my second stay at this property, and I came back after having tried another hotel in Seoul I didn't like so much. The Westin is stylish and well-maintained property. The guest rooms are fairly large (I had no problems clearing space for my morning yoga practice) and well-equipped with minibar, nice TVs, and complimentary water and a Nespresso machine. The bathroom was nice and relatively roomy, too.
There is very fast wifi throughout the hotel, and you only need to check in once at the beginning of the stay. I was streaming video from the US in my room, and streaming Amazon music at the gym with no hiccups.
The gym is large and well-equipped, with lots of weights and machines, and probably around a couple dozen cardio machines, all facing a window that gives a fun look at the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown Seoul intersection. The health club has a pool and apparently some kind of sauna/steam room, neither of which I tried on this trip.
I had breakfast each morning at the downstairs Aria restaurant. It is again stylishly decorated and the buffet selection is very good, spanning Western and Asian styles. My only surprise was having to turn back at 6:45am when my jet-lagged stomach demanded breakfast the first morning - turns out the breakfast room opens at 7am. I think this is a bit unusual in a business hotel like this. I also got some coffee at the downstairs bake shop, and was very happy with the offering. I had a beer at the downstairs bar with a colleague one night. It has a great view of an ancient temple that is right next to the hotel and an upscale ambience, and a very upscale price list too.
The service at the Westin is par excellence. Everyone is very friendly and attentive. Room service seems to patrol in the rooms every hour or so, and even more often than that in the early evening period when they are getting the rooms ready for the night. I used the laundry service, which was very pricey, but fast and with impeccable quality.
Overall this is my HQ for my Seoul trips. My only caveat is that the prices of ancillary services on top of the otherwise reasonable room rates (our corporate rate is 250k won) are very high - $16 for a bottle of beer from the mini-bar is unreasonable by any standards, as is $8 for washing a single undergarment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Seoul's main business and shopping district, the Westin Chosun Seoul is within easy walking distance of major embassies, banks, commercial and government offices, as well as national museums, historic palaces and local markets. 462 Spacious rooms, including 40suites, are exceptionally furnished with every modern amenity. Advanced features include Westin's signature Heavenly Bed, anti-allergy carpet, premium espresso coffee machine, LED TV with Internet, oversized beds, individually controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator, mini bar, in-room electronic safe, full-size writing desk with office task chair, and voice mail. • Institutional Investor - World's Top 100 Hotels (4 consecutive years) • Asiamoney - Best Hotel in Seoul (3 consecutive years) • Travel +Leisure - World's Best 500 Hotels • Conde Nast Travel - Best Hotel in Seoul • Smart Travel Asia - Asia' Top 25 Business Hotels (5 consecutive years) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Chosun Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul
- Westin Seoul
- Seoul Westin