“Great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Chosun Seoul

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #23 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip.

It is a great place for business travelers - quick check-in & fuss-free check-out, spacious and well lit room (stayed on executive floor), free (& fast) wifi, quick and friendly service.

I was especially impressed by the friendly, approachable but not intrusive staff. They deliver the services fast and always with a SMILE.

I went to the concierge an evening to find out the location of a shop in Myeongdong but the concierge was not there. As I was about to walk away, a staff at the check-in counter walked over to offer her help. As she could not find the shop on the map, she took the trouble to 'google' and even call the shop to find out the exact location. And all the while, she was apologizing for taking a long time. She eventually found the place and draw it on the map... This is customer service at the highest level!

There is big and well-equipped gym on the 3rd floor too (one of the best I have used in my years of traveling). There is an indoor swimming pool too.

The hotel is also within walking distance to the shopping areas (Myeongdong & Namdaemun) and the palace (did not have time to visit). Hence, we were spoilt for choices of food....

Overall, a great hotel in a great location.

I will stay in this hotel again he next time I visit Seoul.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun.

First of all thank you for the great review of our hotel!
It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Carol Choi GRO Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We just had 3 great nights at the Westin in Seoul, central location allowed us to walk around the shopping areas and down to the palace. The driver who picked us up at the airport told us all about the areas we were passing through and helped us with some translations.He helped us get on the KTX train at Seoul station.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the moment arrival until the door of the car closed, the service was superb but never intrusive. Friendly, efficient, and authentic, without exception every staff member I encountered made me feel welcome and well cared for. My room on the 15th floor had interesting views, but the functionality is what really counts. The air conditioning was effective yet quiet, a combination too seldom found. Well-appointed bathrooms with defogging mirrors, lights that can be operated from multiple points, and reasonably fast - and free - WiFi are a few features that made my four night stay comfortable and calming. The swimming pool on the third floor is a true 25m lap pool. Locker rooms are functional and stylish. The Executive Club Lounge on the 20th floor affords an oasis with food service almost throughout the day. Concierge services were thoughtful and admirably efficient. The location is superb and in walking distance to two subway stations. I often offer opportunities for improvement, but with the Westin Chosun, I can't think of any.

Dear Guest,

Taguig City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This place would deserve a 5, except of a couple of things, but let's talk about the outstanding parts first...

1) Beautiful Facilities
2) Large spacious rooms (we were on the executive floor)
3) Outstanding Service. Example, when my husband and I went down for breakfast, they had a table ready for us with a high chair already set up for our 12 month old)
4) Great amenities
5) Good selection for breakfast. Organic milk, yogurts, fruits, etc.
6) Exceptional location. Easy to get to with the KAL Limo bus. Door to door service and everything is walking distance around you.

Now on to the minus point.

My husband and I stayed in an executive floor suite which allows us access the executive lounge. We were not allowed to even enter together because my 12 month old baby. Even when he was sleeping, they wouldn't let him in. We had to go in there individually, which meant we couldn't enjoy the happy hour etc.

My husband came in separately occasionally to get us coffee etc. He said compared to other lounges we have visited, this was definitely one of the smallest spreads.

We came with other couples for a wedding, so that was good because then I would have people to hang out with, but it was definitely a down point.

Overall, would I stay here again? Yes definitely. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your visit to the Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we are afraid to read that couldn't meet your satisfaction at the Executive lounge which is not allowed under the 8 years.
Our associates continually strive to improve our service delivery and your warm words are the best motivation to continue.
I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Westin Chosun hotel within the near future.

Carol Choi
Manager of Guest Relations Officer
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed for four nights in July in business. This was my second stay at this property, and I came back after having tried another hotel in Seoul I didn't like so much. The Westin is stylish and well-maintained property. The guest rooms are fairly large (I had no problems clearing space for my morning yoga practice) and well-equipped with minibar, nice TVs, and complimentary water and a Nespresso machine. The bathroom was nice and relatively roomy, too.

There is very fast wifi throughout the hotel, and you only need to check in once at the beginning of the stay. I was streaming video from the US in my room, and streaming Amazon music at the gym with no hiccups.

The gym is large and well-equipped, with lots of weights and machines, and probably around a couple dozen cardio machines, all facing a window that gives a fun look at the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown Seoul intersection. The health club has a pool and apparently some kind of sauna/steam room, neither of which I tried on this trip.

I had breakfast each morning at the downstairs Aria restaurant. It is again stylishly decorated and the buffet selection is very good, spanning Western and Asian styles. My only surprise was having to turn back at 6:45am when my jet-lagged stomach demanded breakfast the first morning - turns out the breakfast room opens at 7am. I think this is a bit unusual in a business hotel like this. I also got some coffee at the downstairs bake shop, and was very happy with the offering. I had a beer at the downstairs bar with a colleague one night. It has a great view of an ancient temple that is right next to the hotel and an upscale ambience, and a very upscale price list too.

The service at the Westin is par excellence. Everyone is very friendly and attentive. Room service seems to patrol in the rooms every hour or so, and even more often than that in the early evening period when they are getting the rooms ready for the night. I used the laundry service, which was very pricey, but fast and with impeccable quality.

Overall this is my HQ for my Seoul trips. My only caveat is that the prices of ancillary services on top of the otherwise reasonable room rates (our corporate rate is 250k won) are very high - $16 for a bottle of beer from the mini-bar is unreasonable by any standards, as is $8 for washing a single undergarment.

Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your valuable review. We sincerely appreciate you for the valuable comment.

All associates at Westin Chosun Seroul Hotel strive to provide most comfortable stay to all our guests. All of our guests wellbeing and comfort is very important to us, we will do our utmost to enhance the quality of our hotel experience for next visit.

Please kindly contact me in the near future and we will ensure you with a pleasant stay.

Carol Choi of GRO manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was by far the nicest Westin I've stayed at. I'm probably a little biased with this review because I was traveling with my brother who is at the highest level of the SPG program and got executive suite upgrades. These came with access to the lounge where they had an amazing spread for breakfast and free cocktail "hour" which included top shelf liquor, a selection of mixers, and a buffet of snacks that could easily be a meal. Even though we were visiting here from the US and wanted to take advantage of all the amazing Korean food in the city, it was hard to pass this up. The suites also came equipped with Hermes bath and body products, which was very impressive, and an extra quarter bathroom. We all felt very pampered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Carol Choi of GRO manager
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've never stayed at a Westin with this kind of 5-star service. Anything I needed was taken care of; the staff foresaw my needs and their attitudes were so friendly and accommodating. The gym was so nice! and the locker room even had spare, clean socks! From the comfy bed and the well ammenitied bath to the great executive lounge and the amazing service -- this Westin was my all-time favorite!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your visit to the Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we are pleased to read that all requirements met your satisfaction.

Carol Choi