“Great location”

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #15 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for 7 days due to the location. Easy access to Myeong-dong shopping and the underground shopping center as you walk to various department outlets. Quite close to Namdaemun Market and just a short cab drive away from Insa-Dong market where the locals shop. You can easily walk around the city and cool off in the hotel pool once your day is done. I would absolutely stay here again and this Westin was my favorite of all Westins that I have stayed in thus far.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

First of all thank you for the great review of our hotel!
It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Carol Choi GRO Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,589)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Not well trained staff, plus lack of management in the hotel. TV remote not working and weight is not working when I was checked in. I stayed two nights in its Executive floor (19th floor), but woke up at the middle of the night by screaming kids. I called the front desk and was told that my neighbor family is on its vacation. I guess it is Starwood standard in Seoul that you could screaming in the hallway in the middle of night when you are on vacation. Later they offered me to change to the other room if I am being woke up again.
Good news is that they do maintaining high standard in its policy. If you book a room under corporate status, you are not allowed to bring any one to the lounge free, including your family members. It is totally new to me even thought I am a over 10 years platinum member with Starwood hotels. It was an eye opening experiences to me.

Room Tip: Avoid the one's people are on their vacations
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Chi Y
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.

All your comments have been reported to our management, and all the corrective actions have been made accordingly and I would extend my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with us.
To enhance the satisfaction for our guests all staffs are committed to improving the services.

Thank you again for your bringing these matters to our attention, and we, all our Westin Chosun Seoul, associates will truly welcome you again.

Carol Choi / Guest Relations officer Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed this week on business for the first time. It was a great hotel - well located with a great gym and restaurants. I only stayed one night but if I was going back on holiday, I would choose this hotel as well.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BalancedCritic2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a week in April 2014. It's a great location for tourists. The Korean Air Limousine takes you right here from Incheon Airport. Right across the street is Myeong-dong shopping and a couple of department stores. You can also take an underground walkway from the hotel to the subway (blue and green lines, although about a 10 min walk).

The rooms are decent size and have everything you need including 110V outlets if you're traveling from the US. Service was excellent and rooms were very quiet. Wifi does cost, but that wasn't too unexpected.

As mentioned here by others the food at the hotel is outrageously priced so we didn't eat anything. We had a glass of wine at the bar and yeah it was about $20 a glass. Again, way too much in my opinion.

I wouldn't say this is a 'luxury hotel'. It's a nice clean hotel with nothing too fancy. The equivalent of a Marriott in the US. It's a safe bet if you're traveling abroad and want Western amenities not too far from some major tourist attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kyopo
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a very comfortable and clean room. It was also somewhat centrally located so that I did not have to travel very far for either business or the touring I tried to work in to my trip. The restaurants in the hotel were also excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good but for the price I would recommend checking out a couple of other hotels.
Hotel has carpet floor showering system is standard. TV is nice.
Service is good.
Food is ok but pricey
Bar is boring and dull
Gym is amazing has everything u need plus yoga classes
Location is ok nothing amazing

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Westin Chosun is centrally located . It was easy for me to walk to many attractions. The room was very tastefully decorated. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were exquisite. The most outstanding feature of this particular Hotel was the service. Every bellman wore a suit and tie. They were very helpful, polite, and spoke excellent English. They accepted no tips. The concierge service was helpful also. I highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms were fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends