“It was home away from home.”

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #20 of 493 Hotels in Seoul
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
“It was home away from home.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was my favourite place to stay in Seoul when I needed the feeling of home. I worked as an English teacher in Korea for a little more than 10 years and when I needed to be reminded of Canada, this is where I would stay as a treat to myself. I think it was the granite-clad washrooms and natural wood cupboards that helped to alleviate homesickness! It also helped that the staff were comfortable with English and that the restaurants were amazing! Thanks, Westin-Chosun for some really great memories.
I think I was last there in early 2010 but I think I can be confident that not much has changed in the interim.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 26 August 2014

First of all thank you for the great review of our hotel!
It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Carol Choi GRO Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Staff were extremely friendly! Felt like a princess there! Haha
Bed was extra comfy! Although the housekeeper cant really speak english, but they are still very friendly and nice!
Location wise, its super convenient to the subway and myeong dong shopping district is just opposite. Minimart just across the street as well. Love my stay there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good hotel in a convenient location. Stayed in Exec level room. Impressive gym and facilities.

Excellent service and very helpful, attentive staff.

Strongly recommended and I plan to stay on return visit to Seoul.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NRB2

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We chose the Westin Chosun not only because of their 'heavenly' beds, but also their location, which is super convenient.
It's 3-4min walk to the Myeongdong shopping & eating district, Lotte dept stores, and about 10-15min walk to the Namdaemun market - flea market with lots of great wholesale priced goods (we find A LOT more locals shop here than in Myeongdong or Dongdaemun).

We stayed for a total of 7 nights, no complain whatsoever. Had really good sleep throughout, which is really important for me, being a fuzzy sleeper.

Aircond/heater worked great during the cold season.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for 7 days due to the location. Easy access to Myeong-dong shopping and the underground shopping center as you walk to various department outlets. Quite close to Namdaemun Market and just a short cab drive away from Insa-Dong market where the locals shop. You can easily walk around the city and cool off in the hotel pool once your day is done. I would absolutely stay here again and this Westin was my favorite of all Westins that I have stayed in thus far.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Not well trained staff, plus lack of management in the hotel. TV remote not working and weight is not working when I was checked in. I stayed two nights in its Executive floor (19th floor), but woke up at the middle of the night by screaming kids. I called the front desk and was told that my neighbor family is on its vacation. I guess it is Starwood standard in Seoul that you could screaming in the hallway in the middle of night when you are on vacation. Later they offered me to change to the other room if I am being woke up again.
Good news is that they do maintaining high standard in its policy. If you book a room under corporate status, you are not allowed to bring any one to the lounge free, including your family members. It is totally new to me even thought I am a over 10 years platinum member with Starwood hotels. It was an eye opening experiences to me.

Room Tip: Avoid the one's people are on their vacations
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Chi Y
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.

All your comments have been reported to our management, and all the corrective actions have been made accordingly and I would extend my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with us.
To enhance the satisfaction for our guests all staffs are committed to improving the services.

Thank you again for your bringing these matters to our attention, and we, all our Westin Chosun Seoul, associates will truly welcome you again.

Carol Choi / Guest Relations officer Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed this week on business for the first time. It was a great hotel - well located with a great gym and restaurants. I only stayed one night but if I was going back on holiday, I would choose this hotel as well.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business