“5 star at good location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Chosun Seoul

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #23 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“5 star at good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed at this hotel which is next to lotte departmental store and 5 min walk from myeung dong. It was super convenient to find our way around with the train station just downstairs. Did our shopping and meals around the area.
Love the sumptuous breakfast and snacks on executive lounge. There is also very good facilities such as warm swimming pool, gym and bath.
Very friendly staff.
Will return to this hotel again

Room Tip: If you can afford it. Go for executive floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IsabelSophie
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 3 September 2014

First of all thank you for the great review of our hotel!
It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home.

Carol Choi GRO Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a short 5 min walk to Myeongdon (where all the cosmetic shops are) and Namdaemon. Rooms are nice and hotel staff are friendly. Breakfast is served at their club floor on the 29th floor. Although selection is a little limited, there are a few Korean local selections to choose from, which gives guest to try something new from the Korean culture. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

It was a historical hotel in Korea since 1914. Of course they had been renovated but it seems a bit worn out already. Especially the wooden floor inside the room at the corridor and the marble inside the bathroom. It's give me a kind of not clean feeling. The room size was smaller than what I expected but the bed was good and comfort. Breakfast was good too. The best was it's just behind the Lotte department store and the subway station line number 2 just underneath of the hotel.by the way if you are Starwood member wifi is free.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Cityflyer418
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 26 August 2014

Jstern115
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Chosun for 2 weeks in August 2014. In general I had a wonderful stay. The hotel is gorgeous - the design of the lobby, fitness center and restaurants in particular sets this hotel apart from others in Seoul. Rooms are a bit more standardized but they're certainly comfortable and immaculately clean. Housekeeping was *amazing* and it's nice to have a Nespresso machine.

My one heavy complaint, as so many others have mentioned, is the absurd price of ancillary services. The food prices are high, although, if I struggle, I can justify the expense: $55 for the breakfast buffet, $40 for a room service pizza or burger. But the laundry fees are absurd: it would have cost me roughly $200 per day to wash a shirt, undershirt, gym shirt, underwear, pants and socks. This is beyond being just 'expensive' -- it is disrespectful for a hotel to create this kind of inconvenience. No exaggerations: for my two-week stay my laundry bill would have been $2,800USD had I used the in-hotel service. Thankfully the concierge directed me to a nearby dry cleaner. But it was certainly an inconvenience and I've never had to do this before in all my traveling.

That aside, it is a lovely hotel. Although I am a SPG member, I think I would stay at Plaza, Fraser or a similar hotel next time -- the price of room service and laundry is much lower.

A final note: I suggest requesting a view of Seoul City Hall Plaza. On my last day the Pope was speaking at Gwanghwamun and I had a direct view of the festivities from my room! Wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing Seoul City Hall
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was my favourite place to stay in Seoul when I needed the feeling of home. I worked as an English teacher in Korea for a little more than 10 years and when I needed to be reminded of Canada, this is where I would stay as a treat to myself. I think it was the granite-clad washrooms and natural wood cupboards that helped to alleviate homesickness! It also helped that the staff were comfortable with English and that the restaurants were amazing! Thanks, Westin-Chosun for some really great memories.
I think I was last there in early 2010 but I think I can be confident that not much has changed in the interim.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Staff were extremely friendly! Felt like a princess there! Haha
Bed was extra comfy! Although the housekeeper cant really speak english, but they are still very friendly and nice!
Location wise, its super convenient to the subway and myeong dong shopping district is just opposite. Minimart just across the street as well. Love my stay there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good hotel in a convenient location. Stayed in Exec level room. Impressive gym and facilities.

Excellent service and very helpful, attentive staff.

Strongly recommended and I plan to stay on return visit to Seoul.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business