Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“The rooms is too worn down for a 5 star.”
Review of Le Meridien Seoul

Le Meridien Seoul
Ranked #14 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
United States
“The rooms is too worn down for a 5 star.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you are looking to stay near the Hot Gangnam Street,
the location couldnt be better for you.

However, the room quality is sad to say, not as good as a 5 star hotel should be.
The lobby is very clean, and the staffs are nice enough.
Personally I am not entirely satisfied with the food quality and variations though.

The room is quite spacious, but is old. The toilet is especially in bad conditions.
I had a flushing problem with the first room and I had to wait out until the handyman came in to fix it.

The shower is not so great either.

I would rather recommend a more budget, and newer hotel nearby, (lots of competition here)
if it is just a clean room that you want, and you care less about lobby ambiance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to create a comfortable ambiance for you and I have also noted your feedback in regards to room facilities, food quality and variation. We are currently working in addressing the issues you have mentioned and ensure we will provide the experience at your expectations every time you will decide visiting our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me personally if any assistance may be needed during your trips to Seoul.

Sincerely Yours,

Radu Cernia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Good friendly service. Clean room and exceptional service. Food is good and morning breakfast buffet has a large selection. Room service is good but expensive. I would recommend this hotel to any one especially frequent travelers.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul on your recent visit to Seoul.

I am so greatful for your great feedback and thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. All of our ladies & gentlemen strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.

vancouver
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed in Ritz Carlton Seoul for about 5 nights in March. After reading the reviews here, I was at first skeptical about the hotel. But when I arrived, the older decor did not really bother me as much as the service was well made up for it. The front desk clerk Ryan S was excellent in a way that he seemed sincere and genuine in which many 5 stars hotels lack of. Actually, almost every staff I had encountered in Ritz was genuinely nice. Kudos to their management for training their staff well.
I did have one issue with their air conditioning. As the building is a bit older, the system is central controlled. The air conditioning is turned on during the day only. At night with the cool weather, the heat is turned on instead. As result, my room was a bit warmer than comfortable. You can actually open the window but with the traffic noise, it's hard to sleep sometimes. The staff was very apologetic and to my surprise, even followed up on the issue the next day. I was quite impressed by that as most hotels would just try to ignore the complaint.
The location is excellent. The nearest subway station is only a couple blocks away. There are many authentic Korean restaurants nearby so I never bothered to have dinner in the hotel. I did have breakfast in the hotel. While expensive and nothing outstanding, it's convenient.
I would definitely stay there again if I visit Seoul in the future. Their staff and customer service really make the property stand out among others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback related to your recent visit to our hotel. I am thrilled to read that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to provide the level of service The Ritz-Carlton is well-known for. I am also happy to read that Ryan was excellent. We are very fortunate to have him as part of our team.

I have also noted your feedback in regards to the air conditioning and the breakfast buffet. We are currently working in addressing both mentioned issues.

When you decide to visit our hotel in the future please feel free to contact me personally.

With warmest regards,

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The executive lounge was not worth the extra $80/night for me - in fact, I had a much better and larger variety at their sister property (JW Marriott) so if you are looking for a big breakfast or evening cocktail service (aka light dinner) you might be disappointed. However the attention to detail is truly amazing - they really do pay heed to your needs with well timed anticipation. Everyone (all staff I have interacted with) are truly on point with superb customer service with a warm smile and helpful attitude. This signature service is throughout the Ritz brand so no disappointment there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg H
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

I am so pleased to hear your compliment on our signature service provided by our ladies & gentlemen and thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns about the Club lounge. Feedback is extremely important to us so I believe your comment will be very helpful to improve our overall service.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently organized & hosted a week-long conference at the Ritz for 50+ from all over the world for a global company. The event venue, service, food, and accommodations for all guests were nothing short of impeccable. Thanks to the incredibly helpful and attentive staff we had a very successful event from every angle. I looked into other hotels in Seoul and I'm truly glad I chose the Ritz. I will definitely be back for other events in the future and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone, for business or personal.

Also, my two cents for visitors who may be new to Seoul: it's the obvious choice. It's the Ritz, you can expect the best quality, and the location can't be beat!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sunny C
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, Director of Rooms at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and having the conference at the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul during your recent visit to Seoul.

I am so grateful for your glowing feedback, and appreciate for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. Our ladies and gentlemen strive to make sure that all of our guests needs are met and it is assuring to hear that we met your expectation in terms of service and hospitality. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Enjoyed our stay here very much, service and comfort top quality, everybody very polite.

Eva the concierge could`nt do enough to make our stay memorable in Seoul. Rooms excellent, swimming pool and Spa area fabulous. Would recommend this hotel to any discerning traveller.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, Director of Rooms at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable reviews for the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our service and amenities so that you are willing to recommend our hotel to other guests. Also I can see the name of Eva who showed you the exceptional service. I will definitely share your compliment with her and her team.
I promise that your next visit will also be unique, memorable.
I look forward you to visit the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul in the near future.

NoVA
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton as part of my first visit to Seoul.

The hotel itself was very nice. The lobby is what you expect of a Ritz. The actual rooms were very nice but not the luxury you expect of the Ritz, particularly at the rates they charged. I would even say my room was a little sparce given that it was a large king-bed room with a sofa, table, and desk. There was room for more furniture. The decor was bland, nothing memorable.

I paid extra for the Lounge access, which I only used for breakfasts, and which also gives you access to the Garden for breakfast if you prefer. I recommend choosing the Garden as it has a much better variety. Actually I would probably not recommend paying extra for the Lounge access. It was extremely expensive and I misunderstood the man at the front desk - it is a daily fee rather than a one-time fee. I'm sure I could have had less expensive breakfast options.

The gym had a nice assortment of equipment and is open 24-hours. I went at 5AM and it was actually pretty crowded. I had two complaints - 1) it was too hot - they need to run some air conditioning through there, 2) they need equipment wipes or spray - I asked for some and the attendant said there was none - pretty gross for a luxury full-service hotel.

A few of us had drinks at the bar one night. The atmosphere was nice and the drinks were good. I will say two mixed drinks and one beer cost us 71,000KWN (roughly $71USD). That was expensive.

I saved the best for last and that is the service. When we pulled up we were promptly greeted and our bags taken inside. We were escorted ot the front desk and checked-in then escorted to our rooms. Tipping was not permitted. Gilbert helped me with my bags when I initially arrived. He remembered my name and asked if there was anything he could do to make my stay more enjoyable every time. He always seemed to be there regardless of what time I was there. The service at the Lounge, the Garden, and the bar were all top notch - though I guess that is the reason all the services are as expensive as they are.

In summary, I did enjoy my stay at the Ritz-Carlton and would recommend it, but there are a few things I think they need to do to improve.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, Director of Rooms at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your valuable and constructive comment for us.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and Gilbert from Guest Service team and other departments provided you personalized service and genuine care.
As you mentioned, the improvement is always necessary to meet the expectation of our guests. Therefore, I have shared your comment with the related departments and top management to continuously improve the quality of facilities and service.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.