Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to renovation.

“A wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Meridien Seoul

Le Meridien Seoul
Ranked #12 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Geneva, IL
“A wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on the way back to the US. My older daughter arrived at the hotel in the morning and my younger daughter and I arrived in the evening. My older daughter had no problem checking in and the staff was wonderful and helpful to her.

The staff is very professional and helpful. I would like to commend Sally Park who worked at the Executive Lounge for being hospitable, warm and helpful. She made sure our stay was very pleasant.

I recommend the Ritz Carlton Seoul to everyone. Even though the distance from the airport is about an hour, the KAL bus stops right I front if the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul were able to anticipate and fulfill the needs of your family during your stay with us. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding ladies, Sally Park. I will be sure to share your kind words with her and her team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and experience more the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

Radu Cernia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Generally I expect from RC hotels only the best service but.... but RC in Seoul employees are providing exceptional service. We are travelling a lot all around the world and typically we are staying around 3 - 5 days. In Seoul we stayed for 3 nights.
So lets star at the airport when we arrived. We took bus (some kind of limo services w/ buses serving downtown hotels in Seoul) as I expected long ride to the hotel and bus is generally more comfortable than taxi. We bought the ticket for the bus (paying by cc) at the airport very easily and then we just wait outside for the bus (before buying ticket ask when is the next bus ... it could be 30 - 40 minutes) I am not sure but the name was like "limo bus services" and the buses deserve the name. Really comfortable ride to city center. Enough space, good recline and you could observe the country around (nothing special but the comfort was worth "taking a bus")
at RC we went immediately to the reception and within 3 minutes we are in our room. Nothing special? OK. But, we arrive at 11:00 AM and our room was ready!.
So we take shower and run down to concierge to set up our plan for next three days. The lady ready to create for us itinerary for next days and printed out all the places we like to visit (in English and in Korean - what was more than important as we discovered later...)
Korean print outs are must when you travel in Seoul... English is spoken only by the young generation and taxi drivers speaks only Korean. So we make our sightseeing and we look for the evening.
Just walking distance down the main street are plenty of bars and restaurants ( down the street 200 m and the street either left or right. Plenty of local restaurants where the locals went. For me was not so easy as I don eat pork or beef but the left street has some hidden seafood restaurant serving fabulous seafood (even not always English menu) look at the pictures :-)
when you look for a top club/ disco go to Eden upper part of RC hotel (totally in depended from RC so you could not charge on you room). But Eden is one of top 3 spots in Seoul.
When you like to relax after tough night go up the main street and after few hundreds meters you will find massage (real massage) salons. Be prepared than they speak only a bit English and have cash as they (except of the BIG salons and most famous) don't take cc) Take scrub and massage and you will feel like newborn ...
what to see ... look at the guide but definitely don't miss the fish market ... huge and live time experience. You could by the fish or whatever you like yourself and went up the stairs to many of the restaurants and they will cook it for you... If you like seafood is a must in Seoul.
For upper class shopping go to shopping mall cca 5 min down the street (ask the concierge)
For fun shopping (especially cosmetic) Gangnam street. My wife still have and like the masks, serums, .... from Skinn food. ( go lef from the hotel to Gangnam and on the right side cca 200 - 300 m. PERFECT GIFTS for Girls, mom, ....
Back to hotel anything we ask for at any time they have "yes we can approach" and they also do it. So anyone will ask where to stay in Seoul RITZ is my recommendation and I am not an easy guest but here I was satisfied.
for
For the way back to airport (at 5 AM) we took again the "Bus limo service" , we paid the ticket at the reception and wait in the lobby till the door guy told us that the bus arrived. In the morning (Sunday) we manage to be at the airport within an hour.

So it was not all about RC but the hotel was the core of our trip.
Enjoy

PS: we are couples 40 + and with two boys 15 and 17 ( so not just married)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rsbts
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.
I know that how much effort you put and time you spent to write this great review and you had exactly mentioned about the attractions of Gangnam place around the hotel. Transportation to anywhere in Seoul, local restaurants, entertainment and shopping make our guests be pleasure and feel the vibes. However, the most impressed thing for me was that our Ladies & Gentlemen exceeded your expectation and met your needs. They showed the service level of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul. I am so proud to work with them.

Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The location is maybe not the best, but you have nice local restaurants reaching by foot,where the korean people used to go...I was asking the concierge about dancing clubs and they sent us somewhere on another side of river and what a surprise,the best dancin club was in our hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarka2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.
Our hotel is located in the heart of Gangnam that is the perfect place for both business and pleasure. There are many local restaurants but I believe that our dining experience will give you other kinds of satisfaction.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you decide to visit Korea again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Comfortable pillow & Nice person.
Adjacent to transportation facilities and proven have safety.
Perfect on every way in the Asia Pacific.

• Stayed June 2014
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul on your recent visit.
All of our Ladies & Gentlemen are pleased to be here to create a comfortable and memorable stay for you. As your comment, Location and transportation are one of the reasons that many of guests select the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul as their “home away from home”.

Seoul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I don't think this hotel is up to par with an international Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong or New York. This is a fairly local hotel with average performance across all areas: untrained staff, weird food/menu selection, a total Korean-style Deli (if you can call it Deli at all), only one international newspaper. I am not sure how the Ritz Carlton can give them their brand for this kind of 4-star local shop.

I find this very embarrasing to say it is 5-star. Neither interior nor service are 5-star.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gumbolo
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback related to your recent stay in our hotel. I am very sorry to read that the experience did not meet your expectations and would highly appreciate if you could give me the opportunity to talk to you. I look forward to hearing from you and may be reached directly at +82-2-3451-8101. Thank you once again. Sincerely,

The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul
Wailea, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is well located and the warmth of the staff is very evident. Unfortunately the rooms are a bit ragged, with fraying upholstery and stained carpeting in my room. Also, the rooms are a bit on the small side, even for Seoul. My room didn't have a bathtub, but the shower, with a hand held sprayer and a fantastic overhead rain head was outstanding. Breakfast was excellent with the right mix of classic Asian breakfast with western fare.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our service and facilities. Especially, considering the perfect breakfast is essential for the day, we are happy to make all of our guests satisfied with various selection of food.
And thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns about the room. I will share your valuable review with our teams. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the Ritz Carlton- very plush and grand reception on arrival. Our room was spacious (great bathroom as well) with panoramic views of the city. The leisure facilities were very impressive, especially the swimming pool! Convenient location from the metro and a short walk from restaurant and bars- so much to choose from. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul as your home during your recent trip.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and facilities, especially room and pool. As you mentioned, the location centered in Gangnam area is one of the reason why many guests select the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

All of our ladies & gentlemen strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.