Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“It was a romance package!”
Review of Le Meridien Seoul

Le Meridien Seoul
Ranked #18 of 493 Hotels in Seoul
Seoul, South Korea
“It was a romance package!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The exceptional hotel package of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, "Special offer" was the best choice for my vacation with my friends last weekend. The Special offer, <Rest well> package is offering one-night package, which includes in room brunch service and beauty products.

It was a romance package because the room has a balcony, isolated areas where I could enjoy my own time with my friends. If you go out on the balcony, you can enjoy the fantastic views of Seoul. I've never seen such a beautiful sunset in the Seoul.

Moreover this hotel, the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul seems like a Modern Fine Arts Museum because of its large art collection. It will be a wonderful chance for art lovers to enjoy the works of fine arts, for example Roy Lichtenstein etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mahastha
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul as your home during your recent trip.

I am so glad that you had enjoyed Rest Well, our special package. The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul is the only and perfect place to enjoy the tasteful brunch in the balcony. Moreover, various art collections will definitely enliven your senses.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and experience more the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

Radu Cernia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 9 July 2014

How can I describe the awesome experience I had during my stay in this hotel?! IT WAS EXCELLENT!! Two of my friends and I stayed a full day at this hotel, checked in around 2pm and checked out around 12ish. Though there were so many great places nearby that seemed so entertaining, we wanted to totally enjoy this facility to the fullest. We first checked in and the room director personally and kindly escorted us to the room, informing us of the facilities and services that we may use during our stay. Then, he also showed us the VIP lounge and we had our afternoon tea set there, which was just AWESOME! The employees treated us like queens, speaking fluent English. Every move they made, every word they said felt so generous and warm, and their service was just outstanding. The lounge was available throughout the day. I remember going back there after swimming (swimming place was also quiet and clean. their fitness and tanning room also caught my attention.) and looking for munchies to eat but they were already wrapping up. But they didn't make me feel uncomfortable but let me take about 10 macaroons and packed me other desserts to take. We had buffet for lunch, which was simply superb! The food selection was so various that I was so surprised! Its selection and taste cannot be compared with other expensive buffets! but their pasta was kinda ehh.. They had such a huge, elegant wedding hall & business rooms that maybe I'll come back to use those facilities later for conferences and meetings. And It's not far from the subway station at all, so we were able to go around without any problems. Everything was just perfect! The bed and the sheet, restroom, OMG THE BATHTUB! YOU MUST experience this super soft, cushiony bathtub that sinks as you step in it. I thought I was stepping into a bed. Never seen anything like that. So if you would like a nice bath, comfy bed and blankets to engulf you, then this is the place to go. I cannot write anymore, but I would love to go back to that place if I come by once again. It was EXCELLENT!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued guest,

I really enjoy reading your review and I can say that you have truly experienced The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul. We, our ladies and gentlemen strive to make your every moment unique, personal and memorable so that this meaningful journey stays with you for life.
Based on the philosophy of the Ritz-Carlton, our ladies & gentlemen showed the service level of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul and I am so proud to work with them. Your glowing feedback will be shared with my team.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I spent 2 nights in this hotel and I totally loved it. What you expect from a 5 star hotel is what Ritz can offer! With its Great location in Gangnam area, it was easy to go around the city. Rooms were clean, and I especially loved the bed sheets and pillows. Staff were friendly and efficient too. I remembered they even packed us bananas and water for our DMZ tour! Such a sweet gesture! Definitely recommended!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul for your recent visit to Seoul.

I am thrilled you and your friend enjoyed the amenities and services. All of our ladies & gentlemen strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and I am very proud of them.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz in Seoul a couple of times over the past two years. Located in the heart of Gangnam shopping district, it is your typical Ritz - classic, elegant, a bit old fashioned. Rooms were quite large, service was good. Nothing to really complain about, and good value for money too. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul is the first one in Asia and our dignity of service, classic and elegant rooms truly reflect its history. Our ladies and gentlemen strive to make sure that all of our guests needs are met and it is assuring to hear that we met your expectation in terms of service and hospitality. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my first stay at the Ritz Carlton in Seoul. Hotel is in a good location, walking distance to the main Gangnam area with shops and restaurants. There is also an airport shuttle that stops right in front of the hotel which makes transportation to and from the airport a breeze. As I checked in I was welcomed by 2 hosts which personally showed me to my room and carried my luggage. At the time I checked in the hotel General Manager was in the lobby and he personally came over to welcome me to the hotel. A very nice touch. Staff was also friendly. Check in was a breeze.

I got the executive suite and it was very luxurious and plush. The suite is basically a one bedroom with a separate sitting area. The ritz also provided complimentary water, soda's and a fruit plate. I was placed on the 10th floor with sweeping views of the city. Very nice, just as expected from the Ritz Carlton brand.

Will definitely return here next time I am in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul and your glowing review.
It was my honor to greet you with my team. I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. All of our ladies & gentlemen strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling.

Geneva, IL
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on the way back to the US. My older daughter arrived at the hotel in the morning and my younger daughter and I arrived in the evening. My older daughter had no problem checking in and the staff was wonderful and helpful to her.

The staff is very professional and helpful. I would like to commend Sally Park who worked at the Executive Lounge for being hospitable, warm and helpful. She made sure our stay was very pleasant.

I recommend the Ritz Carlton Seoul to everyone. Even though the distance from the airport is about an hour, the KAL bus stops right I front if the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul were able to anticipate and fulfill the needs of your family during your stay with us. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding ladies, Sally Park. I will be sure to share your kind words with her and her team.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Generally I expect from RC hotels only the best service but.... but RC in Seoul employees are providing exceptional service. We are travelling a lot all around the world and typically we are staying around 3 - 5 days. In Seoul we stayed for 3 nights.
So lets star at the airport when we arrived. We took bus (some kind of limo services w/ buses serving downtown hotels in Seoul) as I expected long ride to the hotel and bus is generally more comfortable than taxi. We bought the ticket for the bus (paying by cc) at the airport very easily and then we just wait outside for the bus (before buying ticket ask when is the next bus ... it could be 30 - 40 minutes) I am not sure but the name was like "limo bus services" and the buses deserve the name. Really comfortable ride to city center. Enough space, good recline and you could observe the country around (nothing special but the comfort was worth "taking a bus")
at RC we went immediately to the reception and within 3 minutes we are in our room. Nothing special? OK. But, we arrive at 11:00 AM and our room was ready!.
So we take shower and run down to concierge to set up our plan for next three days. The lady ready to create for us itinerary for next days and printed out all the places we like to visit (in English and in Korean - what was more than important as we discovered later...)
Korean print outs are must when you travel in Seoul... English is spoken only by the young generation and taxi drivers speaks only Korean. So we make our sightseeing and we look for the evening.
Just walking distance down the main street are plenty of bars and restaurants ( down the street 200 m and the street either left or right. Plenty of local restaurants where the locals went. For me was not so easy as I don eat pork or beef but the left street has some hidden seafood restaurant serving fabulous seafood (even not always English menu) look at the pictures :-)
when you look for a top club/ disco go to Eden upper part of RC hotel (totally in depended from RC so you could not charge on you room). But Eden is one of top 3 spots in Seoul.
When you like to relax after tough night go up the main street and after few hundreds meters you will find massage (real massage) salons. Be prepared than they speak only a bit English and have cash as they (except of the BIG salons and most famous) don't take cc) Take scrub and massage and you will feel like newborn ...
what to see ... look at the guide but definitely don't miss the fish market ... huge and live time experience. You could by the fish or whatever you like yourself and went up the stairs to many of the restaurants and they will cook it for you... If you like seafood is a must in Seoul.
For upper class shopping go to shopping mall cca 5 min down the street (ask the concierge)
For fun shopping (especially cosmetic) Gangnam street. My wife still have and like the masks, serums, .... from Skinn food. ( go lef from the hotel to Gangnam and on the right side cca 200 - 300 m. PERFECT GIFTS for Girls, mom, ....
Back to hotel anything we ask for at any time they have "yes we can approach" and they also do it. So anyone will ask where to stay in Seoul RITZ is my recommendation and I am not an easy guest but here I was satisfied.
for
For the way back to airport (at 5 AM) we took again the "Bus limo service" , we paid the ticket at the reception and wait in the lobby till the door guy told us that the bus arrived. In the morning (Sunday) we manage to be at the airport within an hour.

So it was not all about RC but the hotel was the core of our trip.
Enjoy

PS: we are couples 40 + and with two boys 15 and 17 ( so not just married)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rsbts
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.
I know that how much effort you put and time you spent to write this great review and you had exactly mentioned about the attractions of Gangnam place around the hotel. Transportation to anywhere in Seoul, local restaurants, entertainment and shopping make our guests be pleasure and feel the vibes. However, the most impressed thing for me was that our Ladies & Gentlemen exceeded your expectation and met your needs. They showed the service level of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul. I am so proud to work with them.