Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“The best”
Review of Le Meridien Seoul

Le Meridien Seoul
Ranked #18 of 497 Hotels in Seoul
Bangkok, Thailand
“The best”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The thing I like best about this palace, err, place, is that friendly staff. This place is a five star hotel with an excellent room, easy access to shopping, and all the great food. However, the staff were extra nice. During my six night stay (for business) they remembered all my requests and preferences, and provided great recommendations. One of the staff saw that my luggage wheel fell off, and mentioned that they could get someone to help repair. Within 15 minutes a staff came with the proper tools and repaired my luggage for free - I offered tip but he refused and said that it was his job to make all his customers happy. I will definitely come back and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sunny A
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed the true Ritz-Carlton service during your stay. Our ladies and gentlemen strive to make sure that all of our guests needs are met and it is assuring to hear that we met your expectation in terms of service and hospitality. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Radu Cernia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here the past week. Excellent and courteous personnel, clean room, good food. If you are a Gold member you get access to a lounge with food and drinks throughout the day. Free wifi with decent speed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Dorin D
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul provides you the greatest amenities and services to be your “home away from home” when traveling. Especially for our business travelers, Club Lounge where provides 5 times of food presentation and immediate assistance by the attentive Club Concierge team will be another “office away from office”.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Ritz Carlton Seoul is a grand dame located on top of a slope located in the heart of Gangnam shopping district. The hotel is along the airport bus drop off route. If the restaurant choices within the hotel does not suffice, a short walk down the slope will bring you to many local and good mid-priced food outlets along Gangnam Dong. Convenient amenities like salons, nail bars are also along that route.

The lobby is classic Ritz styled, elegant and European styled. We stayed as a party of six in four premium suites, some rooms with balconies and some without. All our suites are luxurious sized, well kept and with a good selection of pillows, toiletries and good bedding. The hotel houses a large private art collection and is one of the only hotel in Seoul to offer balcony suites with paranomic view of Seoul. Breakfast at the al fresco garden is very charming amidst the trees and birds and you almost feel that you are not in the city. Breakfast offers adequate selection of Asian and Western choices.

I must admit that the entire hotel may need some refreshment in deco. However, while newer hotels can flash their deco and gadgets, the distinguishing factor at older establishments will always be their honed software: the service staff at the Ritz are all very polished, experienced and fluent in English. Everyone right down to the door crew is helpful and professional and truly service oriented.

We all had many good night's rest thanks to the comfortable bedding and homely feel of the Ritz Carlton Seoul.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank BrigL618
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review about the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities, services and the attractions around the hotel. The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul enlivens the senses in a various ways with art collection, bedding and dining experience. The balcony of the room and The Garden restaurant are my favorite experiences at the hotel as well.

Also feedback is extremely important to us, and thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns about the facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I have not the words to truly express our absolute joy at the wonderful staff and exquisite 5 night stay at the Ritz Carlton, Seoul.

We travel extensively and generally use the Amex Fine Resorts program to book our accommodation. The Ritz Carlton has been the best big-city hotel stay of our lives, not just because of the lovely property, but mostly because of the staff (especially in a major metropolis such as Seoul). Service here is with a capital S. Nothing is too much and wonderful, thoughtful acts of kindness and generosity made this a truly memorable first visit to Seoul. My wife needed a prescription and the hotel arranged everything. We needed dinner reservations - they were made and private rooms booked for us. We were truly treated like honored guests.

No doubt as you plan your stay you will encounter Sherry Kim and Eva Choi of guest services. Although we found nothing but excellent service from EVERY member of staff, these two went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect. Ms. Kim and Ms. Choi paid attention to our stay and often anticipated our needs. We wrote to the General Manager, Mr. Radu Cernia to let him know specifically of their dedication and our gratitude for time well spent at his hotel. On our last morning, Mr. Cernia sought us out to personally thank us for taking the time to write our comments. Clearly attention to detail starts at the very top and is evident throughout the hotel.

If this review seems a little over the top and "gushy" well its because we really did have an amazing time and cannot fault the hotel in any way at all. As we started this review - we do travel a lot. We often find the big hotels in big cities can get get a little over run and sometimes the guests receive less than they should in terms of attention and service. The Ritz Carlton Seoul made us feel welcome and so very honored.

TIp : book the Club Floor - great deal!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philippaton
Dear Mr. Paton,

Thank you very much once again for being our loyal guests and for giving us the opportunity to providing to you the true hospitality The Ritz-Carlton hotel is very-well known for!

Your kindness towards our Ladies and Gentlemen made us so proud to being of service to you and your wonderful feedback continue to make us proud of being part of this reputable hotel.

We all hope to having the opportunity to seeing Mrs. Paton and you in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home!

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The exceptional hotel package of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, "Special offer" was the best choice for my vacation with my friends last weekend. The Special offer, <Rest well> package is offering one-night package, which includes in room brunch service and beauty products.

It was a romance package because the room has a balcony, isolated areas where I could enjoy my own time with my friends. If you go out on the balcony, you can enjoy the fantastic views of Seoul. I've never seen such a beautiful sunset in the Seoul.

Moreover this hotel, the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul seems like a Modern Fine Arts Museum because of its large art collection. It will be a wonderful chance for art lovers to enjoy the works of fine arts, for example Roy Lichtenstein etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mahastha
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul as your home during your recent trip.

I am so glad that you had enjoyed Rest Well, our special package. The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul is the only and perfect place to enjoy the tasteful brunch in the balcony. Moreover, various art collections will definitely enliven your senses.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and experience more the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 9 July 2014

How can I describe the awesome experience I had during my stay in this hotel?! IT WAS EXCELLENT!! Two of my friends and I stayed a full day at this hotel, checked in around 2pm and checked out around 12ish. Though there were so many great places nearby that seemed so entertaining, we wanted to totally enjoy this facility to the fullest. We first checked in and the room director personally and kindly escorted us to the room, informing us of the facilities and services that we may use during our stay. Then, he also showed us the VIP lounge and we had our afternoon tea set there, which was just AWESOME! The employees treated us like queens, speaking fluent English. Every move they made, every word they said felt so generous and warm, and their service was just outstanding. The lounge was available throughout the day. I remember going back there after swimming (swimming place was also quiet and clean. their fitness and tanning room also caught my attention.) and looking for munchies to eat but they were already wrapping up. But they didn't make me feel uncomfortable but let me take about 10 macaroons and packed me other desserts to take. We had buffet for lunch, which was simply superb! The food selection was so various that I was so surprised! Its selection and taste cannot be compared with other expensive buffets! but their pasta was kinda ehh.. They had such a huge, elegant wedding hall & business rooms that maybe I'll come back to use those facilities later for conferences and meetings. And It's not far from the subway station at all, so we were able to go around without any problems. Everything was just perfect! The bed and the sheet, restroom, OMG THE BATHTUB! YOU MUST experience this super soft, cushiony bathtub that sinks as you step in it. I thought I was stepping into a bed. Never seen anything like that. So if you would like a nice bath, comfy bed and blankets to engulf you, then this is the place to go. I cannot write anymore, but I would love to go back to that place if I come by once again. It was EXCELLENT!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued guest,

I really enjoy reading your review and I can say that you have truly experienced The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul. We, our ladies and gentlemen strive to make your every moment unique, personal and memorable so that this meaningful journey stays with you for life.
Based on the philosophy of the Ritz-Carlton, our ladies & gentlemen showed the service level of the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul and I am so proud to work with them. Your glowing feedback will be shared with my team.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I spent 2 nights in this hotel and I totally loved it. What you expect from a 5 star hotel is what Ritz can offer! With its Great location in Gangnam area, it was easy to go around the city. Rooms were clean, and I especially loved the bed sheets and pillows. Staff were friendly and efficient too. I remembered they even packed us bananas and water for our DMZ tour! Such a sweet gesture! Definitely recommended!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
TheRitzCarltonSeoul, General Manager at Le Meridien Seoul, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ritz-Carlton, Seoul for your recent visit to Seoul.

I am thrilled you and your friend enjoyed the amenities and services. All of our ladies & gentlemen strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and I am very proud of them.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.