I stayed at this pricey hotel (it's the Grand Hilton, after all) because I was attending a conference at the hotel's Convention Center, traveling solo, and was wary about getting around in a country whose language I don't understand. But the hotel did not disappoint. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean, well-lit, and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The only thing about the room was that it didn't have a bathtub, but that's probably because I chose the lowest-price room they had. As a convention hotel it was very convenient, I could walk back and forth to my room during breaks. Across the hotel there is a food street with many inexpensive, rather greasy-spoon-type restaurants serving traditional Korean fare, including the famous Korean barbecue.
There was no free wi-fi, but you can rent a mobile wi-fi router from the hotel, aptly called an "Egg". This mobile router can be taken anywhere you go so I basically had speedy wi-fi access all throughout my stay in Seoul, which was very nice.
The major drawback was that the hotel was REALLY far from downtown. There is a train station which is a bit far to walk to, also the train and stations in Seoul doesn't feel quite as safe as in Tokyo or Singapore. They provide a free shuttle bus to the Itaewon district in downtown Seoul, but the pick-up point when you want to go back to the hotel (closest to me was YTN Tower) is different from the point where they drop you off (Itaewon), which requires some figuring out since you can't just cross the street but need to go through an underpass which after dark was deserted save for a few homeless people. I ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel, which at the time seemed safer than venturing the underpass alone.
A very nice hotel when you attend a convention in the same area, but if you are there for tourism it's probably better to go for a hotel closer to the city center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Mt. Baekryun, the Grand Seoul Hilton offers the perfect facilities for leisure guests and conference facilities for business purposed guests. You can have the best time with our utmost service and facilities in the middle of the city just like you are relaxing at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hilton Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hilton Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Hilton International Seoul
- Hilton Seoul
- Seoul Hilton