“Solo in Seoul, but never felt alone...”
Review of Grand Hyatt Seoul

Grand Hyatt Seoul
Ranked #72 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was my first trip to Seoul and I went solo. I started out in Jeju for some beautiful scenery, then I spent the rest of my days in Seoul. I loved every minute of it. Thanks to concierge at the Grand Hyatt who helped a great deal to make my trip a pleasant one.
On my first night, I was next to the lift, and the noise from the lift shaft kept me awake. However, front desk promptly moved me to another room on a higher floor for the next few nights. As for concierge, whenever I wanted a suggestion where to eat, shop, etc, concierge helped me tremendously. Excellent service. Thank you!
They even have a cocktail at the lobby bar, which comes with a stuff toy--frivolous no doubt but a cute momento for my trip to Seoul.
The spa at the Hyatt, is also very, very good. One of the best I have ever experienced. Do try the 'Healthy' cookie, which they give with tea (you get to choose your tea from a menu), after your treatment. I wanted to bring some home, but the Deli ran out of it.

Room Tip: I had the view of Namsan Hill, which was nice. Just avoid rooms next to the lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Grand_Hyatt_Seoul, Guest Experience Expert at Grand Hyatt Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.
First of all, it was a pleasure to read your thoughtful review of our hotel and your “Thanks to (the) concierge at the Grand Hyatt who helped a great deal to make my trip a pleasant one”. We also appreciated your compliments that “The spa at the Hyatt, is also very, very good. One of the best I have ever experienced.”

We are very pleased that our commitment to service has been noticed and appreciated.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Guest Experience Expert

Write a ReviewReviews (2,351)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great Location for this hotel within walking distance of the nice restaurants & bars area . The room are fine but really small and I was surprised since I was expecting larger room than the Hyatt Regency . Staff is not professional at all and really needs a lot of training , they seem quiet laid back . The food served via room service is really horrible , I think I ate the worst cheese burger of my life and probably one of the most expensive ones , the bread bun was hard and you could feel as it was either old bread or just unforzen bread , the meat was hard and there was hardly any cheese . I suggest the management to try more often the food offered on the room service menu . The concierge service was helful but approximate . Lovely location and great common areas but needs to improve on the food and the service .

Room Tip: Choose a room away facing the city view and not towards the parking lot of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fab68

Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us. As you appropriately noted, the service you experienced was not up to the standards by which we hold ourselves accountable.

We appreciate your comments and want to assure you that we are re-examining both the quality control of our in-room dining and staff training programs to ensure that our quality is consistently maintained for the future. The comfort of all our guests is our overriding objective.

Once again, we appreciate your sharing these constructive views as it is an essential path towards improvement. We would be grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future, to regain your trust in our service.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed at Grand Hyatt at the long weekend and it was a very pleasant stay.
The only two minor issues were the very weak/non existent wifi signal in our suite and it felt like the aircon system was switched off centrally and heating turned on at night every night. I couldn't manually adjust the thermostats.

Apart from that we enjoyed our last trip to Seoul/Itaewon very much. The hotel itself sits up in beautiful grounds with lawns, gardens, with the great city views. There are also an outdoor pool, a paddling pool and a hot tub.

The indoor pool was my 5y.o.daughter's favourite place and as long as you are nice and early it's not that busy.

There are two lounges (children are allowed in the lounge on the 15th floor) plus sometimes when the both lounges are busy there is also a temporary lounge on the level 2, which operates during "the peak" times.

The hotel is a ten minute walk from Itaewon downhill, which is really handy and I believe there is a shuttle bus too.
The location is also convenient for Seoul/KTX station and as we travel from Usan this is really handy for us.

The staff was very polite and attentive. This trip we brought my daughter's inflatable sleeping bag/bed and since she tends to roll out in her sleep we placed the cushions next to the bed. When we came back to our suite we were pleasantly surprised to find a flat mattress with a bedsheet, pillow and duvet placed next to our daughter's bed. This was very sweet of them.

The lounge staff on the 15th was very attentive, down to warming up the teacups before serving the tea.

We have truly enjoyed our stay at Grang Hyatt and we will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for titling your review of Grand Hyatt Seoul, “Great stay”. We were so pleased to read that “My husband, daughter and I stayed at Grand Hyatt at the long weekend and it was a very pleasant stay”. We were proud that you found our staff to be “very polite and attentive” and that you “ truly enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt and we will definitely be coming back.”

I am sure that your comments will be of great value to all potential guests who might be considering a stay at Grand Hyatt Seoul.

Again, thank you very much for your kind words and we hope that you come back again soon to discover more about all that Grand Hyatt Seoul has to offer.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are at the end of a week here, and could not be more pleased with our stay. The amenities are superior, our 18th floor view incredible, but most of all we have been impressed by the employees. Every encounter has been a pleasure.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kindest comment about your stay at Grand Hyatt Seoul. We were pleased to read every words of your review. Thank you again for commenting your stay as “every encounter been a pleasure”.

Hope you comeback soon and experience more about Grand Hyatt Seoul.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Typical Grand Hyatt standards - great service, comfortable beds and elegant rooms. Distance to the city center is a cab ride away. It's a good place to stay if it's your first time in Seoul. There are some nearby eateries within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

First of all, it was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful views from our rooms and service.
Grand Hyatt Seoul is one of the top hotels in Seoul and has a myriad of restaurants, two pools, a gymnasium, a spa, and resort amenities located right here on the property. As you well noted, everything you could ever want is right here, all in one place.

We are gratified that you found your stay with us enjoyable, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I generally have a rule even on business that I don't stay in a hotel that is too expensive for the facilities offed.The room I had was a basic room on floor nine, very small a bit tired,and completely and utterly overpriced. To have a hotel room at this price and not even to have a trouser press or even an iron is completely unbelievable. Sure one was available when I called into reception but it's not really what you expect to have to do. I arrived after a long flight straight from London Heathrow and booked in at 9 o'clock in the morning. I had to pay for the previous nights accommodation so that I was able to go straight to bed! Before I went up I had a coffee at the bar - wait for it - for a cup of coffee it was £10! The price of drinks was similar,the small beer is 9 pounds that's £18 a pint! It's
completely and utterly unbelievable to me that people can sit there and drink at those prices. There is no justification whatsoever.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and will be revisiting our training initiatives to ensure all staff members consistently deliver the service levels which the Grand Hyatt Seoul holds as its standard.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Arranged car from Airport through hotel. Excellent. On arrival at hotel escorted to club level for in room check in what great service. All questions and requests met with ease to a high level. Service throughout the hotel is at a very high standard. Business centre and gym have staff and equipment to meet all needs. Food very good in restaurants. Did not like the loud loud music in the lower bar rooms. Local tip walk outside front gate turn left for some interesting local bars and restaurants recommend Korean fried chicken nook. Overall a hotel with everything in Seoul.

Room Tip: Club level.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Grand Hyatt Seoul. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We were especially thrilled with your comments: “On arrival at hotel escorted to club level for in room check in what great service”, “Service throughout the hotel is at a very high standard” and “Overall a hotel with everything in Seoul”

We thank you for so thoroughly touching on almost every aspect of the service we provide. We look forward to hosting you again.