“Relaxing Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Rome, New York
“Relaxing Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Very Good Location for business. Relaxing atmosphere with first class service. Expensive food and drinks. Upgraded to a beautiful room, also the executive lounge is very good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Not terribly impressed with this hotel! I've been here twice now and I always walk away with the same feeling.

For one, I cannot stand low ceilings. This building, although built in the 80's, was built with very low ceilings, so that when you walk into your room you feel like the ceiling is weighing down on you. On top of that, the design is very dark which compounds the problem.

When I looked out of the window from our suite, I realized we faced a wall. So not much natural light coming in. Was not happy about that! Moreover, no turn-down service.

So that I don't trash everything about this hotel, they did have great in-room dining options and the service was prompt and efficient. Plus the bed was truly terrific :-)

However, to make it Grand, as the name implies, this hotel needs a lot of major changes!

Room Tip: definitely stay on top floors to get as much natural light in as possible
1 Thank bojantercon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear bojantercon,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you mentioned our friendly staff as well as the comfortable beds. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the room you received. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Zilina, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a great - 4 night stay in this hotel. Upgraded room on 20th floor was a great choice. spacious, nicely equipped. i liked the bed and sleep quality very much with heavy curtains securing absolute dark when needed. equipment of the minibar was great. hotel's gym was sufficient (avoid in the morning - quite a lot of people there), very friendly stuff at the reception or also in business center. one bar opened till 1:00AM, restaurant up to midnight. overall - great stay. would recommend even if sometimes you can see the age of the building.

Sonoma County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice hotel, great amenities and location - bus comes for the airport for 12$ US. Comfortable beds and quiet. Breakfast place is a little hard to find as it is in the basement section of the hotels/mall area.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I normally stay at the InterContinental Coex, but as they were fully booked, I got a room here. On arrival, the hotel appeared to be what I would expect. I was told my room had been recently renovated, so I was looking forward to my stay.

Generally, the hotel is in a very nice location, with lots of food and shopping options outside of the property. In several streets nearby, you can find lots of good restaurants, and the Coex mall is huge.

My room was clean and, as advertised, recently renovated. I guess that is where the problems started. The heat/AC unit did not work and I had to ask facilities to fix it, which they did. The light in my closet would not shut off, and that never got fixed. Other things wrong with the room could be easily addressed. The bathroom counter was so small and cluttered with the hotel items I literally had no room for my shave kit and other bathroom items. The shower, although very large did not have a place to hang a washcloth! It had a tiny triangle shelf for the bottles of shampoo and body wash, but no place to put a washcloth.

What really annoyed me was that there were no drawers anywhere in the room. I had ample places to hang my shirts and pants, but only one shelf for my other clothing items. I was here for 5 days, so I was forced to 'live out of my suitcase'. Yea, I know it's not a huge deal, but for a hotel this expensive that is an annoying oversight.

The next disappointment was the location of the breakfast place. I literally had to hunt for it and finally found it on the basement level, across a public walkway, pretty much outside of the hotel. You could not take an elevator from your room to the same level as the breakfast place.

The lobby itself also leaves a lot to be desired. I was there on business meeting clients most mornings. Unfortunately the waiting area in the lobby is small and off to the side. There is room in front of the doors, but no seating is there, and to the right, there is a desk for hotel administrator, and a lot of wasted space all around. In my opinion, the hotel is missing an opportunity to make the lobby more comfortable for their guests.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Japan_Expat_07,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Best wishes,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Good hotel, the only issue was poorly working internet despite priced at $25/day.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas and we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean, the staff were genuinely friendly and the room was very nice.

As soon as they saw us arrive, the staff came running (outside) to help us with our bags. And when we arrived in the lobby with our bags to checkout, 2 staff members also came to help us with our bags.

The hotel was right beside the subway (Samseong Station ) which was very convenient as it was raining when we arrived.

This was our 1st of 6 intercontinental hotels on this trip and it ranks near the top for us.

We would certainly stay again at this property.

Room Tip: We we booked (Online) we asked for a "High Floor, King Bed, High Floor and Non Smoking". W...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple