“Wonderful!!!”

Ranked #26 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Beijing, China
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel is located close to the metro station and the Hyundai shopping mall. There are many restaurants and shops there.

The room is big and clean. The breakfast is very very good. The service is better than that of the InterContinental hotels in China, I think.

The hotel was being refurnished during my stay. I hope it will become beautiful when I visit it next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your "Wonderful" review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor, much appreciated.

As you have highlighted, the hotel is now in the last month of remodelling with our lobby and reception desk re-opening over the past weekend and the remainder of the restaurants on the 19th of February and fitness centre from the 1st of March.

We do hope that next time you return to Seoul that you will again choose the Grand InterContinental and experience and enjoy our Wonderful new facilities.

Thanks again and best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I had originally booked an apartment through Air BnB for our stay in Seoul. Our "gracious" host emailed us the night before we left to cancel our booking.

We wanted to stay in Gangnam as this was convenient for us and after very little thought (my wife said the Intercontinental was a good hotel in a good location) we booked a standard room for our stay with breakfast included.

The staff were gracious and efficient. The room was large, comfortable and silent. One nice feature was the phone provided by the hotel. Each room has an iPhone4, which you can use. You are charged for calls, messages and data usage. I just carried it around so my wife could contact me with her Korean phone in case we got separated.

The breakfasts were standard for a hotel of this sort, which is to say they were awesome and a great start to our day. The coffee varied from terrible to OK, which I can stand at breakfast because it is complementary but the hotel charges 17,000 won (which seems to be what you pay at 5 star hotels in Korea) for a coffee at other times and this isn't really acceptable for what you get. We had a pleasant lunch at the Grand Cafe on Christmas Day.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations to the reception area. Renovations are usually the death knell to a pleasant stay but, in this instance, we barely noticed them.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our stay. I think our original host did us a favour cancelling our booking at the apartment we were to stay at.

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the 25th floor on the side adjacent to the road. The room was completely s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Brendan,

Greetings from Seoul and thank you so much for your very favourable review and feedback following your stay with us here at the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, much appreciated.
I was so pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that in fact whilst you did end up with us by virtue of the cancellation of your original booking, perhaps we could thank them also...

Naturally I was disappointed to read of the inconsistency in our coffee and being a coffee lover myself I will speak to the team to ensure that we improve this on our reopening next month.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and should you return to Seoul again I do hope that we can welcome you back to the InterContinental.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Smooth check in .Profesional staff. Lives up to the InterCon standard.
Rooms were very clean ,very comfortable beds.
Superb breakfast with International choice.
It is link with a shopping area which is a plus .

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RCSenja
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent positive review and feedback after your stay with us here in Seoul much appreciated.
Is always great to receive such positive feedback and comments to share and pass onto the team so thank you for taking the time to share your views.
We hope next time you return to Seoul you will again choose the InterContinental.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Given that I am a Platinum member with the brand, I expected a little bit more than what I was given. When I arrived for an early check-in (at about 9am), I did not expect that I could check in but tried anyway. The check-in agent first scorned that my room will not be ready until "er.... 12pm", at the earliest. When I asked if there are any rooms available which I can pay to upgrade to, he tried to upsell the club room to be at USD65 per night. I then asked if I could be upgraded to it since I have the status. He typed something into the PC and then said that he can upgrade me to a club room on a high floor as a "one-time exception" but I would not receive club access. I took it as I just came on a long flight and just wanted a shower. It did, however, made me feel belittled that he was doing me such a huge favor, by giving me something which I assumed I was entitled to as a platinum member, as stated quite blatantly on the intercontinental group's website of space-available upgrades. A later email to the main IHG guest relations to clarify the situation was met with a cold response from their USA office of stuff it, too bad, count yourself lucky. The hotel did, however, attempted to do some service recovery by inviting me to the club on my 3rd (and last) night, and breakfast the next morning, but I have already made plans for dinner and was checking out at 6am the next day.

Hotel is undergoing renovation which meant that the entire concierge and reception area is make-shift, though they have concealed it nicely and would have earned some points if not for the belittling experience at check-in.

The hotel was also rather inconsistent in some areas. Turn-down service (if done, it must have been because the curtains were already drawn when I returned to the room) was done before 4pm. Newspapers on the 2nd day and last day of my trip, but not on the 3rd day. A morning call (always have a secondary alarm!) for the 3rd day for 6am, was only made at 7am (regardless of how bad my pronunciation is, I think it is almost impossible to mistake 'six' for 'seven').. though on the 4th day check-out morning call was done on time.

The entire area of COEX seems to be undergoing renovation. Samseoung station however is at its doorstep (50m away) which is useful. KAL Limousine line 6704 also serves the hotel. Wifi in room was fast (limited to 4 machines).

Water pressure in the shower was abysmal. Better luck using the shower in the tub for better pressure.

Concierge team is always eager to help, which is good. The boys at the door are a pleasant bunch who despite the negative degree temperatures brave it out in their coats.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank metcalve
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback after your stay with us here in Seoul much appreciated.

Firstly my apologies for the disappointment caused and based on your feedback it appears we have dropped the ball on our usual high levels of service and certainly not of our regular high standard.

Like all InterContinental hotels we place a huge amount of emphasis on our great customer service and additional recognition of our many loyal and valued Ambassador members.

I shall be contacting you via your email address linked to this review and hope to gain further information about your booking so I can personally trace and determine where we need to improve our training and service standards to avoid a repeat of your experience.

Whilst I cannot turn back time and erase this experience for you I do hope that we can make contact to discuss your stay in more detail and then should you return to Seoul hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Weired set up due to ongoing construction.
The check in was smooth and easy.
However, going to my room was quite confusing since we had to change the elevator.
The room was huge since my room was upgraded to a junior suite for being Ambassador member.
One problem was the room was quite chilly, and climate control panel did not work well.
We called for the service over heater, but didn't work out very well.
The hotel is located in Samsung Dong near COEX convenion center. Many restaurants and shopping complex and department store are nearby.
I am not sure whether I will be back until the completion of the renovation.
The check out was smooth.

Room Tip: Would not recommend the hotel until the completion of construction!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback after your stay with us here in Seoul much appreciated.

It is always a difficult decision to continue to operate during such remodelling phases and sincere apologies for any shortcomings that you experienced during this time.
That said, the team here at the hotel are doing everything they can to minimise any disruption and inconvenience caused wherever possible and I do hope that you contacted them to discuss your issues as they may have been able to offer you some alternatives at the time?

On a positive note, I am pleased to let you know that the hotel will begin to reopen our new facilities from the end of this month with everything being back online by the end of February.

I do hope that after that time you will again choose our hotel and experience for yourself firsthand our wonderful new facilities.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

As many reviews suggest under a major renovations, with the lobby a mess and only one restaurant open. We were a party of two double rooms, and one had been renovated and the other not. The newly renovated rooms was certainly very smart, and once all is done this will be excellent

Staff are VERY good (as you would expect at the prices). We had a meal in the 34 floor café, and it was very good and service was equally good, however, the price was VERY high for what we had.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gman558
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and feedback after your stay with us here in Seoul much appreciated, especially the recognition of our employees.
My apologies for any disappointment caused during your stay as it is always a very difficult decision for us to continue to operate during such remodelling phases. That said, as you have highlighted, once completed the team are all getting very excited about sharing our wonderful new facilities which are due for completion by the middle of next month.
Unfortunately you have just missed this however we do hope that should you return to Seoul that you will again choose the Grand InterContinental and experience our new and enhanced hotel.

Laval, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel under major renovations, well located , accessibility to subway and shopping Center. Bathroom amenity are average. Good breakfast buffet. We are very well welcome by all staff . Personnally I prefer the Conrad really of superior quality but this intercontinental look promising. I have try four hotels during my stay and I prefer more moderns hotels such W, Sheraton DCube or Conrad . But if you prefer to be in gangnam , this could be a good choice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Kaboycan,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our staff services, breakfast selection and the location of the hotel. Few sections of the hotel that are being remodeled which may limit access to other facilities from May 1, 2013 until January 31, 2014. Your comments will help us improve our service and offer a great experience for our guest. I hope that once the renovation is complete you will return to see all the wonderful changes and improvements we have made.

Lera P