“great service in seoul”

Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas
Ranked #29 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 28 March 2014

absolutely the best service possible! rooms were great, bed very comfortable, and rates within reason based on value. only fly in the ointment is the price and quantity of the food served in the main restaurant on floor 34. very overpriced. avoid. room service prices will stop your heart. club on floor 26 has a good, not great, breakfast, and snacks throughout the day, plus provides a great venue for meetings. staff at club wrote the book on service and courtesy.

Room Tip: get one that includes membership to the club on floor 26.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your recent fantastic review of our hotel, much appreciated.

The team here, especially the ladies in the Club Lounge are often praised for their high levels of courtesy and service standards and I was pleased to read that you also experienced this service.

Whilst Seoul certainly is not the cheapest city and with the hotel surrounded with literally hundreds of restaurants and bars and coffee shops our guests are never short on choices however we must remain competitive and will take a look at where we can make our F&B offerings better value.

Appreciate your feedback and do hope that should you return to Seoul than you will again choose the InterContinental Hotels.

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights here. Previously stayed at the Coex which is just across the other side and was pretty impressed. I felt that the Coex was better but my stay here was good too.

Stayed in a club room. All the amenities are there. Comfortable bed and clean.
Nothing to fault them on.
I really like the cute colorful mugs that they have. Wanted to buy them but it cost USD10.

Within walking distance to the subway station., next to the Hyundai departmental store. Pretty convenient here especially when the underground mall renovation is complete.

It is also within walking distance to a old royal temple and an ancient tomb. Worth a visit.

I didn't go to the main restaurant for breakfast but went to the club floor so I cannot comment on how good the breakfast spread is but IC hotels in Korea rarely disappoint. The quality of food and service is top notch.

Really have nothing much to complain about them. Have to say that this is a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Traffic is pretty heavy in front of the hotel. A high floor will be quieter. Rooms facing the rear...
1  Thank MikeCMelbourne
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel here following your recent stay, much appreciated.

As you have highlighted our location really is second to none and with the Subway downstairs, ample taxis and other forms of transport at your doorstop, the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas is a great base for anyone's visit to Seoul.
Was pleased to read that you managed to escape the hustle and bustle of the downtown district and also visited the Historical sites nearby...quite amazing they still exist in this forever changing city.
Thanks again for your feedback and please let me know if you are planning another visit and I will make sure there are a couple of mugs in the room for you to take home with you.

Travel Safe and,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I first stay at Grand InterContinental Seoul in 2006 and it was marvelous. Came back in 2014 for a 2 day business meeting.

The hotel has undergone remodeling and the result is OK. Not much different I can see but the breakfast restaurant is much improved. However there are still major construction around the COEX area including two new buildings to be built next to the Grand InterContinental. Hence the direct access to the COEX mall was completely blocked.

The price was cheaper than the InterContinental COEX and that is the reason why although Grand InterContinental is nicer than InterContinental COEX. However InterContinental COEX still has direct access to the COEX mall while currently Grand InterContinental did not. For first time visitor to Korea or press for time, Continental COEX seems to be a better deal for the direct access although it is not as elegant as the Grand InterContinental.

Wireless internet access is fast just like home. TV channels do not seem to carry CNBC or CNBC Asia.

It will receive a 5 star if he access to the COEX mall from the hotel is not completed blocked. Let the construction finished and then The Grand InterContinental will be Grand again. Right now I recommend InterContinental COEX if one needs to be in the COEX area.

1  Thank SamTheCalifornian
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us here in Seoul, much appreciated.

I am pleased to hear that you have decided to come back and give the Grand InterContinental a try and was happy to read you enjoyed your stay.

Let me give you a quick update on the current works taking place as well as the access issues which you have raised.

The Coex Mall joining the two InterContinental's has this month reopened phase 1 of its 2 phases which are all to be completed by the end of this year. Access from the Grand to the mall should be reopened again by September or possibly earlier if we can adjust the schedule, however unfortunately a little out of our hands at present.

Our sister property the InterContinental Seoul, Coex, certainly has a different look and feel and with both hotels being just 10 minutes walk from one another we have deliberately worked with our owners to differentiate the product. In fact we get many similar comments from different clients mentioning this and are happy to see that our decor, positioning etc are working.

Should you choose the Grand InterContinental or Coex we are very thankful for your business and look forward to welcoming you back to Seoul sometime in the near future.

Thanks again and best Regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for business - I was upgraded due to my IHG status and had a great suite. The hotel staff were pleasent. The restaruents and room service are a little pricey, but all in all it was a nice stay. I will likely stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience after your recent stay, much appreciated.
We are very grateful to all our Rewards Club and Ambassador Members who continue to use our great hotels here in Seoul and I am pleased to read that you were recognised on your arrival.

Thank you once again for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back the the InterContinental in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was torn as to which intercontinental to stay at, the other hotel being on the opposite side of the convention center. The staff was excellent and attentive, especially once they discovered you are an ambassador member! Food and drinks were still on the pricey side, but good. Room service was very quick (20 mins or less), whether a complete dinner or simply drinks. The room I stayed in came with a cell phone or wifi hotspot for your use (fee). Amount of TV stations was reasonable, but limited pay for view options. The staff had several options of how to get me to the airport; cab, executive limo, bus the all started from the hotel front lobby. Subway station Samseong 219, green line #2 is just outside lobby on street corner.
Great place to stay, will stay again later this year when back in Seoul.

Room Tip: View side facing the river has a preferred view. Elevators move pretty fast so upper floors are not...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor much appreciated.
We have a great team of employees here who do all they can to make our guests enjoy their time in Seoul with minimal fuss and when we receive feedback such as yours this really makes their day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel later in the year and certainly appreciate your business and loyalty to the InterContinental group.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed one night and was glad to leave. I'm sure there was some good as well as bad but I can't recall much of the good. Here's how it went down While they did acknowledge my Ambassador status (good), the room I was "upgraded" to seemed dated. Fabrics were faded fixtures were worn, in spite of their claim that a renovation has just been completed (bad).

The service was very impersonal and disorganized (bad). The prices in the hotel food & beverage outlets are downright shameful!!! After a day of sightseeing, a cappuccino sounded lovely. The price of ONE (1) cup in the Lobby Bar was KRW 17,000, that nearly $16.00. Breakfast was KRW 45,000 or nearly $42.00. My typical breakfast consists of toast and fruit. When I tried to price these items separately from the a la carte menu, the full buffet price was the less expensive option (bad). I had to ask four (4) times for milk for coffee (bad). Finally, I got up to make a second trip to the buffet (to get the milk that they never brought for the coffee), only to return to find my table completely cleaned and re-set for the next guest (bad). The staff looked at me with complete indifference (bad).

Overall, I felt very unwelcome in this hotel (really bad). If your plans take you to Seoul, pass this property by and stay somewhere that will appreciate your business and get your cappuccino from Starbucks at 1/4 the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GlobalFlyer
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your recent review of your stay with us here on TripAdvisor much appreciated.
Naturally I was disappointed to read of your frustration and dissatisfaction with your stay and apologize for these shortcomings on behalf of the team.

Whilst Seoul certainly is not the cheapest city we do believe compared the levels of service and hospitality that we provide and that of our competitors that our prices are in line with other 5* hotels in Seoul, however I will speak with the team and see if there is any areas we can revise.
With the hotel surrounded with literally hundreds of restaurants and bars and coffee shops our guests are never short on choices however we do need to remain competitive and will take a look at where we can make our offerings better value.

I appreciate you getting back to me via the internal email system and we are now doing some further investigations into where we fell down on our generally very high customer service quality which I will revert to you on personally.

Thanks again for your comments and we do hope that should your travels bring you back to Seoul that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and allow you to experience our usual high levels of service.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Consistently good service throughout my stays in the last decade for business but rooms would do with some renovations and a new look. Very conveniently located near to the metro and shops via underground walkway. It is also connected to the COEX mall and exhibition area.

Note that not all airport shuttle buses stop directly at the hotel but at the terminal station which is at least 5-10 minutes walk away. Do check before boarding unless you do not mind taking the walk with all luggage in tow, rain/snow or shine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent favourable review of both our InterContinental's here in Seoul, much appreciated.

During your visit in December I am sure you would have noticed that the hotel was undergoing quite an extensive remodelling project, addressing your points in relation to its New Look....?
Well I am pleased to say that from Wednesday the 19th of February we will unveil our new Lobby and 1st Floor Food and Beverage outlets. Featuring both the largest buffet and pillar-less ballroom in a hotel in Korea as well as our popular Lobby Lounge and Hakone Japanese restaurants.

Again, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to sharing our new facilities with you at the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas on your next visit to Seoul.