US$233
Pullman
US$287
US$210
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

US$127
Royal Hotel Seoul(Seoul)
US$154
  • Restaurant
US$132
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
1,279 results
All reviewscoex mallgrand kitchenhyundai department storethe club loungejunior suitecity air terminalguest relationssamseong stationgangnam areahuge mallbusiness tripbuddhist templebreakfast buffetdirect accessgreat businessbusiness arealarge room
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Superb hotel in the city centre. Friendly and helpful staff. Intercontinental has one of the best breakfast spreads in my view. Incheon airport bus stops very near to the hotel......little bit pricey but worth the money.Staff speak good english.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent fantastic review of your stay with us at the InterContinental, much appreciated.

Your comments and feedback are great accolades to share with the team and am sure this will continue to motivate them to continue to provide the great service and hospitality which the InterContinental is renowned for.

Thanks once again and we all hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

On the way back to England from Philippines, after consider many international hotels, chose to stayed here for 2 nights during weekend 9 - 11 April. Here are my frankly comments about this 5 stars hotel:

When I checked in, I was informed that they upgrades me from Deluxe to Junior Suite. They call their room is suite but there is no amenity as suite of international hotel group provide - there is no welcome / daily fruit basket, no welcome letter for arrival guest. No personalize service at all. With other 4 or 5 stars most of them always have welcome letter for arrival guests despite which room category they stay. Maybe this hotel is one of exceptional case.

The suite bathroom is very old, looks like in early 20th century. If you forget your toothbrush tooth paste, you have to pay as it is a part of Minibar. The body oil is subject to charge as well. I never been in any five stars hotels and resorts which amenities, are chargeable. A few of hotels / resorts, will provide toothbrush upon on request.

On the first night, I was tired to go out for dinner and decide to dine in the hotels. The dinner buffet is not value for money: not many choices and no seafood station with the price is 100$ per person EXCLUDED DRINK, only water is free of charge. I paid half price of this with free flow drink in another Intercontinental hotel. I could understand English is not their mother language but at least they should have a basically knowledge. The staffs are lacked by this point, they did not how to talk about the beer what they serve, when I ordered Heineken beer and they had to use body language most of the time. I gave up and took what they had.

70% of food stations from buffet breakfast were duplicated or reserve to the guests from buffet dinner i.e. dimsum, noodle, cold food, hot food stations. The only new are fried eggs, fruit juice and continental breakfast stations. Are they coping or save the cost for hotel? I was feeling they ripped me off which I paid for.

During my 2 nights stay, I never got turndown service at all. Is it international five stars or just local franchise under Intercontinental hotels umbrella.

Fairly the staff is friendly, but they tried to offer me expensive taxi while I was looking to go to the palace. The taxi cost US$ 25 per way while the subway is next to the hotels and arrive right at the palace and cost only more than a dollar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ncnn2000

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and comments after your stay with us here in Seoul.

Firstly, my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your visit to Seoul and naturally given the many great comments we generally receive about our hotel and the levels of service, I was disappointed to do so.

Certainly many things change from country to country and whilst many hotels do offer special amenities etc, all InterContinental hotels worldwide are now offering very similar items. Korea is a little unique as an initiative introduced by the local government to decrease the amount of landfill ordered all hotels to limit the items placed in the room, however many other complimentary items are available on request from housekeeping.
That said, you have raised a few items which I shall reach out to you personally to help us determine where we could have done a better job of making your stay a more enjoyable one.

Thank you once again for your detailed feedback and I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

As is expected from Intercontinental, the service is excellent. This is case at every hotel in this brand that I have stayed at.

The hotel is in the heart of the financial district in/near Gangnam. It is at the Samseong World Trade Center subway station. Also, it is next to the Coex exhibition center.

The lobby, lounge, and restaurant area has been renovated within the last two year. It needed it too. The main breakfast buffett is now on the first floor behind the lounger instead of out of the back and in the basement.

My room was one with a Korean style bedroom. The style wasn't a problem, but the room had a couple of issues. First, the bed was just way too hard for me. This is true almost everywhere in Asia, but this was one of the hardest I have slept on. The blinds did not black out the outside lights like at most Intercontinentals. When the fan of the air conditioner was not running there was a loud ticking sound coming from it. It sounded like the 60 Minutes clock was in my room. The living area with desk is nice, but the desk wasn't as nice as the Intercontinental in Shanghai. First, there weren't enough outlets. And, I only had one converter so I could only plug in one device at a time. It'd be nice if the hotel had converters in the room and way for foreigners to plug in more than one device at a time.

We had access to the Club lounge, which is a nice perk. The breakfast is quiet and relaxing, but the buffet down stairs is much better. The Club breakfast does change the items every day, but the hot food is not kept hot enough so the eggs are really inedible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank skline2

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your stay with us here on TripAdvisor, much appreciated.
The team is always so pleased when we receive such positive feedback and thank you for your recognition of them.

Sorry to hear that you didn’t find our Korean style room to your liking, however I must agree that if guests have not experienced this before then this room is possibly not the best choice. We get many great comments about our beds and the quality of sleep and I was a little surprised to hear that you chose this room during your visit…
I was pleased to read you like our new Lobby Lounge and dining facilities and having them now all located on the ground floor makes much more sense and more convenient for our guests and employees.
Following your comment on the eggs, I have been visiting the Club Lounge myself personally on a daily basis and am very confident that on your next return you will be more than satisfied with the eggs, thanks for raising this.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The service at this hotel is just outstanding. From the moment you step outside the hotel you are greeted with warm smiles and welcomes to the check in staff right through to housekeeping. Although when I visited this time works was still going on but I can see the newly refurbished reception and front areas now being excellent. Room sizes are also excellent as I have tried a variety of the rooms already at this hotel, standard rooms to extra spacious suites with walk in closets and even a full 6 seater dining table. The bathrooms are quite outdated and I do not feel as excited using the bathrooms here as it is a far step back into the past. I felt very comfortable and in luxury in my room but it changes vastly when I step into the bathroom, so this is my only disappointment when staying at this hotel.

Club floor is superb. A great selection of various foods throughout the day and evening and also not to mention drinks. Beers, spirits, Korean speciality alcohol. If you are going to stay here, I do highly suggest the club room floors. The guest relations staff are a big part of the outstanding service you receive here. They go over and beyond in helping you and with any questions you may have and recommendations from locals of what is available in Seoul.

On my last day, I managed to have breakfast at the Grand Cafe on the 34th floor (if I am not mistaken) and it was the last ever day for the breakfast to be on that floor as the new Grand Cafe was about to open. I did like the small cosy booths I always preferred in advance.

Location is very convenient. Whether you are taking taxi or airport limousine bus and even the local train or subway is just outside the hotel. No problems with getting a taxi outside what so ever.

Hopefully on my next visit I will be able to experience the new renovated fitness facilities as this was not available on this stay sadly. I do have great hopes for this hotel and much prefer its more elegant feel over the COEX. If the bathrooms were refurbished and had that elegant sophisticated feel to them then this hotel would be the perfect package! But at the moment I will still give it a 9/10 because the service and eye to detail is superb!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BrownOstrichBag
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review of our hotel much appreciated.

Whilst quite a large hotel, the levels of service that you have highlighted is what makes us stand out from the rest and I was really pleased to read your comments. The team always get such a boost when they are mentioned in the reviews and are sure to be very proud when reading yours.

Now we have finished our 10 month remodelling project of our public areas and restaurants, we are now discussing with our owners about some investment into our bathrooms and hope to be able to share with you some positive news on your next visit.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Seoul sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

absolutely the best service possible! rooms were great, bed very comfortable, and rates within reason based on value. only fly in the ointment is the price and quantity of the food served in the main restaurant on floor 34. very overpriced. avoid. room service prices will stop your heart. club on floor 26 has a good, not great, breakfast, and snacks throughout the day, plus provides a great venue for meetings. staff at club wrote the book on service and courtesy.

Room Tip: get one that includes membership to the club on floor 26.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your recent fantastic review of our hotel, much appreciated.

The team here, especially the ladies in the Club Lounge are often praised for their high levels of courtesy and service standards and I was pleased to read that you also experienced this service.

Whilst Seoul certainly is not the cheapest city and with the hotel surrounded with literally hundreds of restaurants and bars and coffee shops our guests are never short on choices however we must remain competitive and will take a look at where we can make our F&B offerings better value.

Appreciate your feedback and do hope that should you return to Seoul than you will again choose the InterContinental Hotels.