1,307 results
All reviews coex mall grand kitchen hyundai department store junior suite the club lounge city air terminal guest relations samseong station gangnam area huge mall business trip buddhist temple breakfast buffet direct access great business business area large room
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is really nice, and I think it is going cheap these days due to the construction issues some people mentioned. I was able to get a good deal on one of the travel websites. I would say though that I did not have any issues with construction noise, though if some people face that issue, it would be quite a dampener. Also for business purposes, I have stayed in Westin Chosun and Conrad before, and while they are much higher prices, I would say that the Nespresso machine they provide was sorely missed in this hotel!
Location is very good, in Gangnam (though it's not the Gangnam subway station). Rooms are quite good, big bathroom, etc. They did not have free toothpaste in the room but if you call them, they provide it. The lobby bar was quite nice. In room dining was reasonably priced and they offer breakfast menu all day which is great if you miss the 10 am deadline in most hotels! We ordered omlettes and they came with a lot of stuff on the side which is great. Seems like they don't have free wifi which sucks but once again, it's common in a lot of 5 stars these days (we somehow managed to connect to Gangnam Wifi which seemed to be a free service!). I think the USP of this hotel though is that it is RIGHT next to a subway station (Samseong) which is great. Also, in the room they have a smartphone for hire which is quite interesting and worth the money as it is free for incoming calls and reasonably priced for outgoing, and saves you the need to buy a local SIM card etc. Overall, if you get a decent price, I think it's worth it!

Room Tip: Due to construction, probably best to make sure you have one of the higher floors. We were on 11 and did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent detailed review of your stay with us here in Seoul, much appreciated.
I am glad that you have been able to take advantage of some of the special rates that we are offering to allow guests to experience our new remodelled areas, good for you.

Actually WiFi is now available across all IHG properties if you are a member of our IHG Rewards Club, it costs nothing to join and given the need to be connected now days it certainly is a great idea to join up on your next visit.

Appreciate all the feedback you have shared and hope to be able to welcome you back to Seoul sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a nice business hotel right in the Gangnam district. However, make sure you check which room you get as there is a major construction site next door. Woke me up very early in the morning. Disappointing after paying that much for a five star hotel.
Food and service is very good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us here in Seoul, much appreciated.
Apologies for the disruption to your stay due to the construction noise. Our team are working very closely with the owning company to do our best to avoid these types of issues including adjusting the timing and work schedules.

The team in the hotel are also encouraging guests to raise any issues they may have with noise and then if necessary we can also offer the alternative to move rooms, floors or even to our sister hotel located on the same block.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback and we do hope that on your next visit you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I simply cannot believe that this hotel can charge so much money for the room you receive. The hotel is outdated, stale and dark. The only highlight is the buffet lunch, but you can use that without staying at the hotel. Please note that next door to the hotel is a major construction site. They work through till 9pm and start at 7am.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank simpletraveller8
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us here on TripAdvisor, apologies for not meeting your expectations.

We generally receive many positive comments about our location with access to the Mall downstairs, the subway below the hotel and some of the classiest shopping areas of Seoul all located only 10minutes by taxi however I wasn’t sure from your feedback what it was that you were looking for. I do hope you did speak or check with our team members if it was something particular you were looking for.

I shall share the feedback on the rooms with the team as well as our owners which we do on a weekly basis and again apologies for any disappointment caused.
Our sister property the InterContinental Seoul, Coex, located on the same block and only a 10min walk from the Grand has a very different modern feel and perhaps if your travels bring you back to Seoul this hotel may be more to your liking.

Thanks once again for your feedback and we DO hope to be able to welcome you back to one of our properties sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was one of the best, if not best, hotels I have ever stayed in. Super nice and super classy. This was my first time back to Seoul since I was born there, and this hotel made me feel right at home. They had 5 star customer service that all spoke English, and they helped me with anything I needed.

Even before I got to the hotel, I knew it was going to be great, because the International Taxi cabbie I had kept telling me it's one of the nicest hotels in Seoul.

When I first arrived, I was greeted by the staff right when I got out of the taxi. They took my bags right to check-in, and then to my room. Check-in was super fast, and everyone at the front desk was extremely nice! When I got to my room, I was extremely impressed. Even better than what it looked in the photos! I stayed on the 32nd Club Intercontinental floor, which was very nice. Great views of Gangnam and Seoul! My room was HUGE, with a nice seating area, desk, and a nice King Bed (harder, but typical of Korean beds). The bathroom was beautiful and had great ammenities.

I got my bags after a minute of being in the room, and the guy who brought them up gave me a tour of the room and info about the hotel. He was extremely nice and helpful. Housekeeping was great, and they always had my room ready whenever I came back to it no matter what time, even after sleeping in until the afternoon after a late night flight in.

Since I was on one of the Club floors, breakfast, access to the Club, and Wi-Fi was all included. Breakfast was in their main restaurant on the top floor, and it was awesome. Huge spread of American foods and Asian foods. Service at the restaurant was great and very personal! I actually never made it into the Club because I was so busy exploring Seoul, but it looked like it was a nice extra perk to the room. Wi-Fi was great too! The room also had a free iPhone to use, and they only charged for calls going out on the phone. It's a great option to have, especially if you have AT&T, because AT&T iPhones and most other AT&T phones don't work in Korea.

The hotel is convenient if you're exploring around Gangnam. There is so much around the hotel including the Coex Mall, Hyundai Department Store, and nice parks. It's about a 15 minute taxi ride to the heart of Seoul, which is no big deal. They also have a subway stop at the hotel. The Korean Air bus limo stops right at the door of the hotel for easy/cheap access to Incheon.

I was there when the construction was going on, but it never phased me. I had read about people complaining about that online, but I literally never noticed it inside.

Overall the hotel was a 5 star experience for me, and I will definitely stay there the next time I go to Seoul. They are the definition of style and class. Thank you to everyone at the hotel for making my experience that much better in Seoul! I will never forget it!

Room Tip: Get a room facing North of Seoul! Best views! Also, get a Club Room. They are the best value!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

“One of the best, if not, the best hotel I have ever stayed in….!”
What more can we ask than that…..?

Thank you so much for your recent fantastic review of your stay with us at the InterContinental, much appreciated.
Your comments and feedback and comments are a great way to continue to motivate the team to continue to provide the great service and hospitality which the InterContinental is renowned for.

Thanks once again and we all hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Usually As European you enjoy in Asia a higher efficiency and quality of service. And the Grand Intercontinental belongs to this top quality business hotels. Renovation was just finished and can definitively be considered as a success. Very efficient reception, nice lounge bar, very spacious and confortable room with high level of technical IT equipment. Spectacular breakfast with an incredible variety of dishes all very nicely presented but I was a little bit disappointed by the taste. It looks better than it tastes.Big swimmingpool and fitness room.

Room Tip: Construction works are ongoing at the other Intercontinental not so far away but the excellent room isolation makes that you are not disturbed
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review following on from your stay, much appreciated.
The team will be very proud to hear and read your comments as will our owners given the substantial investment they have made into the hotel.
I will speak with the Chef’s and pay personal attention to the flavour and tastes from of our new restaurants which so far have been well received.
Thanks once again for your feedback and we do hope that should your travels bring you to Seoul that you will again choose the InterContinental hotels in Seoul.