1,337 results
All reviews coex mall grand kitchen hyundai department store the club lounge junior suite city air terminal samseong station guest relations gangnam area huge mall business trip buddhist temple direct access breakfast buffet great business business area large room
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you are at the COEX, then this hotel is a very handy short walk. Please note there are two Intercontinental Hotels, so please make sure you clearly inform the taxi driver of the correct one.

Although I didn't use it, the underground train line is extremely close by and only 100m walk.

Check in was very efficient and I was delighted when I got to my room. Due to be a member of the hotel awards program I was given a free upgrade to the club rooms. these were massive!!

The hotel room resembled the size of a good size one bedroom apartment (minus the kitchen).

Breakfast at the executive club room had a reasonable selection to fulfil my tastes, although it was not extensive. I did use the executive club room on another occasion to enjoy the happy hour in the evening... that was worth it.

Overall the staff were always very professional and pleasant and the rooms were very well equipped, clean and well maintained.

There did appear to be some construction happening close by, but not one time did I hear anything at all.

I stayed here for 4 nights and would confidently recommend this hotel to any business travellers and I will choose this hotel again for my future visits to Seoul.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Warren-Watson
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Warren,

Thank you for your wonderful 5* review of our hotel following your recent stay, much appreciated.

As you have highlighted, with the Coex Convention Centre, the World Trade Center tower and Coex Mall just to name a few our location truly is second to none with anyone needing to visit the Gangnam area of Seoul.

Our team are always very motivated and pleased whenever they are mentioned in the reviews and I thank you for the recognition of our very dedicated team.

Most importantly is you have mentioned that you would highly recommend our hotel to others and that you will most definitely return in the future…this is the true test of our business so we cannot ask for more.

Thanks once again for your great feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas on your next visit to Seoul.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a good five star hotel. The Junior Suite we stayed in was a fantastic size and very well appointed. The staff were very helpful, although this hotel is not as generous with complimentary items as you may expect from a hotel of this class. The staff were very accommodating, allowing us to change the date of a reservation even though it was an advance booking that wasn't supposed to be changed.

The decor throughout the hotel is perhaps a little dated, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It feels classy in a sort of 80s Monaco way.

Breakfast was delicious and a good buffet. That said, the staff at breakfast were sloppy. On two occasions we went up to get food only to come back and find our table given to somebody else. I also saw this happen to a number of other customers, as well as clearing people's tables when they hadn't left yet. It is ridiculous that a hotel of this stature hasn't worked out a system to avoid this - you have to assume it happens fairly often!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim B

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor much appreciated.

Apologies for the mix up with you table at breakfast and this is certainly something that we have not heard in the past.
That said, I will speak with the team and also take a look to see if we are managing this in the most effective way.
I was pleased to read that you did enjoy the buffet selection and variety and am appreciative of your 5* review.

Thanks again and we hope should you travels bring you back to Seoul that you will again choose the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband had a conference nearby so we stayed here. I found the room large and comfortable . I liked the fact it had a bathroom and shower. The food we experienced, one dinner and 4 breakfasts was excellent though quite expensive. The hotel staff were all very helpful and attentive.i found it quite quick and easy to get into central Seoul. They kindly let us into our room at 11 am after an overnight flight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine W
Darren M, General Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your recent feedback following your stay here on TripAdvisor, much appreciated.

Naturally I was pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time here in our hotel and I shall share all your comments with the team.

With our location alongside the convention centre we certainly are the most convenient for anyone attending any of the many events held in this very busy convention centre.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had a nice but not great stay at the Intercontinental in Seoul. The location was very good and I enjoyed being attached to the Hyundai defpartment store and other conveniently located businesses. This is also a central location and Gangnam has a lot to offer. The staff here is very good to work with, helpful in all ways. The Club lounge is a great asset and I highly recommend considering it if you plan on spending any time at the hotels at all. The rooms are average size and accomodations are nice but not spectacular. All in all this is a very nice business notel but nothing sets it apart from others. I would definiately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheDeacon87

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor, much appreciated.

As you have highlighted, our location is truly one of the best selling points with the Subway located directly below the hotel, direct connections to both the major airports of Seoul and of course being in the now more famous Gangnam area.

I will speak and share with the team about your comments on trying harder to stand out from the crowd and we do hope that next time your travels bring you to Seoul, you will again choose the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas.

Thanks again and best Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Less than 100 metres from Samseong Subway station, and only 3 stops to Gangnam station. Hyundai Department store directly next door. Beautiful breakfast buffet with good healthy variety. Courteous and polite staff manner. Generous sized rooms, with triple share bedding configuration (double + single or triple singles) with still plenty of space in the room. Only good location if you don't plan to do much in Seoul city centre. Airport bus stop to Gimpo directly outside the hotel.
Internet was not included in the room rate. Shower drain was clogged and drainage was poor, therefore standing in pool of water up to the top of the foot for most of the time in the shower. Lighting/circuit issues, so random lights would turn on in the middle of the night ie. 2am. Walls were thin, therefore could hear next door laughing or if conversation was loud from neighbouring rooms. The room above us on the 12th floor sounded like it had wooden floor boards, as we were often woken up first thing in the morning or late at night with what sounded like elephant feet stomping around. Bathroom was old and worn and dirty looking - update required. 27,000 won for child breakfast. TV volume inconsistent - 0 (off)-1 (really loud) range is large difference. Far from Seoul city centre (30-45 min subway ride to get to main central tourist attractions), but close to Lotte World. Two InterContinental hotels within very close vicinity of one another which makes it difficult to communicate to taxi. Upside is that they're not far from each other, so if you are driven to the wrong one, it's not far to get the taxi to take you to the other one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wolf_Pack_SGN
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Family_of_thre3,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review and bringing this matter to our attention. We are delighted to know that you liked our breakfast variety, room size and the friendly service received from our front desk. But, please do accept our sincere apology for the noise inconvenience and the bathroom’s cleanliness was sub par. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Charisse V.