“Just Okay”

Ranked #6 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Seria, Brunei Darussalam
“Just Okay”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

stayed with my family in Aug 2011 for 3nights. Chose this hotel because we wanted to take the kids to Lotte World theme Park. The hotel room was a bit dated, nothing wao, really.
Served the purpose of proximity to the theme park. Has a train station and departmental store, all linked to the hotel. Departmental store has food courts and fast food restaurants and fine cuisine all inside and around the underground station.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Even though the staffs working at the hotel was excellent, I've seen stains in bathtub and dusts on the carpet of the room.
Room was too tiny to unpack 2 large-size luggages at once.
Bathroom was tinier and closets and cabinets in the room and bathroom were not functionally organized, and marble finish didn't give much impression.
Housekeeping seems that they just literally made up the room, when I came back after they came to my room, I still had an empty bottle on the floor which I accidentally dropped under the desk, meaning they even didn't vacuum spaces near to the window area.
There wasn't an 110V power outlet which you need to expect to do prepare for that.
Lobby area didn't have enough seats to wait and greet people, so whenever I need to see someone at the lobby, I had to stand and wait at the hall.
Also, the lobby area was always busy and noisy, well it is supposed to be like that up to a certain level, but it was different from the business and noisiness that I experienced at other 5 star hotel - I felt I was at a market place.
Sorry to add this comment, but while most of the staffs were extremely nice, one who was speaking on the phone talked in the way that I, as a guest, wouldn't expect to hear at their level of training.
Maybe this hotel is better for families, not for business travelers.

Room Tip: Real tiny and narrow hallway from door to the bed.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank x2y
Quezon City
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was there with my family last December 26 to 30, 2011. Lotte world is just beside the hotel, with department store attached to it. Breakfast is very Korean, but ok. I was able to get late check out at 2 pm. Very good location

1 Thank shirleyquezoncity
Singapore
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed here from 15 December till 20 december because we wanted to be near the Lotte World theme park. Hotel rooms are nice and modern and cannot be faulted but you have to pay for Internet which is a bit disappointing so my kids hung out in the lobby which seems to be the only place to get free wifi. We did not eat breakfast there as it was pricey but there are food aplenty at the basement of the shopping centre. In terms of location though this hotel is rather far from Myendong and the rest, Dondemun or Nandemun, you need to take a train and change line, takes about half an hour or so.My kids stayed in the character room for which we paid extra but the room size is rather small and after one extra bed there is hardly any space to move around. So no point opting for this. Other than the fact that it is far from the shopping areas, we enjoyed our stay here.

1 Thank NickyPoops
Singapore
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Stayed 2 nites in Lotte Hotel World for family of 4 on 15 & 16 Dec thru package tour. Given a deluxe twin bed with a extra rollway bed. Offer accessibility to Lotte Theme Park, shopping, subway, restaurants, supermarket. No complimentary internet in room or lobby. Fantastic location for those visiting Lotte Theme Park. Overall comfortable stay & the kids enjoyed.

1 Thank Angeline5606
Austin
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Over the last 6 years I have stayed probably 5 or 6 times in the Lotte World Hotel. It is one of the hotels the company I work for has on its approved list of hotels in Seoul. When I first started visiting the hotel I was wondering if the hotel is worth the high cost. Then I decided that after all it is not in a bad location, it is right on a bus stop for the hotel shuttles (which helps a lot when you are arriving late at the Incheon airport), so I continued to use it. Then this year when I visited I noticed that the hotel has been renovated and was much fancier. At my last stay I also had breakfast included in my deal -- so I decided to try the hotel breakfast coffee shop. The breakfast was interesting -- heavy slant on Korean dishes -- oh, why not - that is one way to experience the local culture ::-)
My dis-satisfaction with the hotel is with the approach to bottled water. Every night during my 3 night stay I had to call the front desk to ask for a couple of tiny bottles of water. Not sure why those were not in the room to start with.

The room itself is relatively large. The bathroom tiny, and the overall experience average

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NickInChina1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My family and I (with 2 young children) stayed in Character Room for 2 nights. The room was clean, spacious and come with a double and a single bed and bath tub. No complimentary Wifi However, you could enjoy free Wifi connection in the shopping mall. It would be excellent if it provides a separate standing shower. The location is great with Lotte World theme park located within the shopping mall. Subway is also connected to the shopping mall and convenient to travel by subway. The staff are also proficient in English and provided excellent service. The price was rather steep but worth it for short stay. This is probably one of the few hotels that I have stayed in Seoul which you could see family with children. It was definitely a good and comfortable stay for me.

Room Tip: Character rooms are situated on 7th and 8th floors. Ask for a room facing Lotte World Theme park (ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family