“Great location with excellent service.”
Review of Lotte Hotel World

Lotte Hotel World
Ranked #8 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend visiting from Canada.The hotel is connected to: subway line 2 and 7, department store, major duty free shop, big supermarket, electronic shop, outlet mall and theme park. Seriously, everything was within walking distance and the weather did not matter since they were all connected. It is also a few subway station away from Gangnam (yep Psy's Gangnam style). Baseball stadium is also close and Han River is close too. Theme park called Lotte World was my friend's favorite. There was also an ice skating arena in the building. Shincheon was 1 station away (15~20min walk) and they have so many diners with good food.
The location was the key attraction point for this hotel. But the staffs were really nice and the service was great. The rooms were clean and they had comfy bed I loved. My Japanese friend is going to visit this fall and I recommended her to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cantabille47
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear. Cantabille47,

Thank you for sharing your impression of our hotel here at tripadvisor and most of all, thank you for staying with us. It was pleasure to serve you here and our staffs work hardest to make our customer be comfortable as possible.

One of our greatest point is the location and I'm glad that you were able to benefit from it. It is such a pleasure that we were able to make your trip more memorable and we cannot have your friend here also.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit here with us!

There are newer reviews for Lotte Hotel World

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

On the plus side for this hotel:
* They have two outlets in the bathroom that worked for my appliances. And I could have two things plugged in at once!
* The staff is very friendly and helpful.
* the location was convenient to the office at which I was working.
* upon check-in, they asked which airline mileage program I wanted credit with (nice!!)

To improve:
* there was only one functioning outlet in the bedroom. They had a power strip attached to it (good), but it was so far from the bed, that not even my 10 foot charger cable for my phone reached. Frustrating, because I like to charge my phone and have it next to me at night. My colleague had no working outlets in his room. He had to charge everything in the bathroom.
* the rooms feel very tired and outdated. To be sure they are clean, simply a little old.
* coffee in the room was a "tea bag" type coffee - very weak even when steeped for 20 minutes. I would prefer even the packets of freeze dried granular coffee over this.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear. Wings415,

First of all, thank you for choosing Lotte Hotel World for your trip to Korea and thank you for sharing your honest opinion with us.We value our customer's impression of our hotel and your comment will have great power for us to improve!

I feel sorry for any inconviences caused by our power oulet locations, the building is little outdated since it's built in 1988, however, we try our best to keep it clean and nice. And for the coffee, we do have ground ground coffee service through room service or at the lounge in lobby. However, we see that it could be still little bit of inconveniences to our customers depends on his/her preferences.

Thank you again for your comments again, and we hope to have you here with us in near future with better service.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

All amenities that you need as a business traveller are available. And all this delivered with a smile. The check-in went smoothly on 28th floor in the Club Lounge. The first surprise was the upgrade to a small suite with a nice view onto the lake nearby. Unfortunately, I did not really have time to use all the complimentary services provided in the package, but it all added to a nice stay at this place. Unfortunately, this has a price which is not too low...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear. Mr. Flu-Cham,

Thank you for sharing your impression of our hotel on tripadvisor, I'm pleased that you had wonderful time at Lotte Hotel World Club Lounge.

I see that you were staying here as our Club guest who has a privilage at executive floor and lounge. Our staffs try our hardest to provide the best service and I'm glad that we were able to leave you good impression.

Despite the level of service and privilage it is our executive lounge that it is unfortunately bit pricy than standard room which doesn't include those benefits.

Thank you again for your honest opinion and I hope to see you here again near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A fine hotel in may respects - the bars/ restaurants are good, the limo service from the airport is excellent and all the staff are wonderfully helpful. My only gripe is the lighting in the room - its SO inadequate.

In bed there was barely enough light to read by and in the bathroom it felt dangerous to shave under the 2 20W bulbs.

Now, I know that hotels the world over are trying, singly as a industry, to save the world from global warming by asking us to use fewer towels (and further, that this has nothing to do with cutting their laundry bills). But seriously, what's the difference gonna be if you put a few more watts into your next order for lightbulbs?

Room Tip: if on business the Club facility is excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear. Mr. Steve F,

First of all, thank you for choosing Lotte Hotel World for your trip in Korea and I appreciate your honest comment on our hotel. I'm glad that you had a good time here regarding our service.

However, I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with our lighting. It truely is my regret that we couldn't provide better room settings for your best comfort. I appologize if it caused any in conveniences while your stay.

Thank you for giving your valuable opinion and we will try our best for improvements.Look forward to have you with us again, and hope we can make better impressions in the future service.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great location if you are visiting Lotte world.

They let us check in at 6 am and drop our stuff off in the room even though it wouldn't be ready until 10 am. That was pretty awesome since we just flew in from LAX.

Service is amazing and the hotel is beautiful.

MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mr. Richard D,

First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel for your wonderful visit at Seoul and pleased to hear that you had comfortable time here. We try our best to meet the customers' expectation and I'm glad that we were able to fulfill the needs.

And also pleased that our staffs were able to make great impression at your service.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to have you here with us and highly wish to have you again here with even impressive service next time. We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I joined the ASA Tour from Singapore and stayed 2 nights (23-24 June, 2014) in this splendor hotel. The Lotte Departmental Store (with Duty free Shopping on levels 9 & 10) and Lotte Adventure World Theme Park are located within the same facility. Lotte Supermarket is just 3 minutes walk. Therefore, it is a location ideal for holidays and shopping.

Room is spacious and clean, giving us a memorable and pleasant stay.

However, it is located some 30 minutes away (by Taxi) from the city, which becomes inconvenience for those on business trips who need to meet in town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavieOng
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear DavieOng,

I highly appreciate for you to visit us to stay at Lotte Hotel World and spend your precious time to share your positive feedback with other guests on Tripadvisor!

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, And I appreciate for your favorable comments about our hotel and staff.

Thank you for your feedback once again and I believe there would be a next time to welcoming you again. We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I must say that I absolutely loved this room and this hotel. It was modern, had a wonderful view, was very clean, and even had loofas and custom pillows! The spa was great to go every night after a day walking around Seoul. The only drawback for me was that the purpose of my stay was to see Seoul, not Lotte World. I do not at all regret staying at this property, but if I were to visit Seoul again, I would opt for something much closer to the city. Again, this is an amazing place to stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear, khakiman,

On behalf of our entire staff, I do really appreciate for staying with us at Lotte Hotel World and spending your precious time to share your great feedback with others.

I am strongly pleased to expect your next visit again at Lotte Hotel World. I am looking forward to welcoming you here in Seoul next time.