Lotte Hotel Seoul
Metro Hotel(Seoul)
  • Fitness centre
The Plaza(Seoul)
3,479 results
All reviewsnew wingdepartment storeclub floormain buildingfood courtduty free shoppinglarge hotelbusiness tripstar hotelbuffet restaurantcity hallshopping malldeluxe roomsubway stationexcellent hotelkal limousine bushotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My first visit to Lotte Hotel Seoul…. Stayed in a suite with a colleague on the 30th floor from 24 May 2014 to 30 May 2014. Visit was for business with a team of executives; we had seven rooms, one person per room and two persons sharing the suite. Rate was US$700.00 per night for the suite; other single rooms were US$320.00 per night. These were discounted rates; always ask for a discount.

A note. My departing flight was delayed. The hotel had permitted me to remain in the suite until 1:00 pm. When my flight was delayed from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, I asked to remain in the suite or be moved to a smaller room, until 6:00 pm when I would depart for the airport. The hotel charged me US$320.00 and moved me down the hall. I was not too pleased about that; I felt it was high- if they were permitting me to remain until 1:00 pm with no charge, another five hours and they wanted a full-night rate.

I arrived to ICN on 30 May 2014 and purchased a ticket for the KAL Express Bus (US$16.00) which is the third stop from the airport; forty minutes, but generally is 90 minutes. This bus has two seat/one seat configuration- and the seats recline and are wide; comfortable and clean. If you take a hotel car, the cost is US$140.00.

The hotel is huge- the main building and the new wing; I was in the new wing. If you use the gym and spa, then the main building is more convenient as the facilities are in the main building, but you can connect via a third floor skyway from the new wing. The fitness options are great- steam, sauna, pool, three different temperature water pools…. Japanese showers. And, they provide workout clothing! There is a golf range- complete with clubs!

There are check-in areas for each building (27th floor for the new wing). If you can afford it, pay a rate that provides access to the Club Level (new wing and main building each have one) as you can have breakfast, light lunch and light dinner… and tea/coffee/snacks pretty much throughout the day. The food is very good- there is a bread with seeds that is amazing (I purchased two loaves from the Delica-Hans bakery in the lobby (US$9.60 each)… well worth it!

The rooms are functional and well appointed; Molton Brown soaps; robes, pajamas, slippers… Electric curtains. Towels could be larger, but the hotel caters to Asians, who generally don’t request the large towels that US guests seek. Strangely, there is no evening turn-down service.

The hotel’s location is exceptional for everything- meetings, shopping (connected to the Lotte Department Store), tourism. You can walk or get to the subway or buses from outside the door.

Eating in the hotel is expensive. Thus, the usefulness of the Club Level. There is a great selection of restaurants in the hotel, but the prices are high. Sunday Brunch at La Seine is US$90.00 per person and regular lunch buffet is approximately US$50.00. The food is good and the selection is immense; at Pierre Gagnaire a Seoul, the most expensive restaurant in Seoul, there are four set menus (US$170.00, US$180.00, US$265.00, and US$340.00). These are without beverages. A 4-course lunch is US$140.00.

Toh Lim, the Chinese cuisine restaurant, is good, but the prices are high… We were the only table one evening.

Room service? Continental Breakfast US$37.00; Soup of the Day US$26.00; Hamburger US$37.00; Ice Cream (2 scoops) US$16.00; Orange Juice US$20.00; Evian (500 ml) US$13.00; Milk US$13.00; Assorted Sushi (12 pieces) US$153.00; Assorted Sashimi US$293.00.

Food costs at the hotel is why its connection to the Lotte Department Store is important- there is an immense supermarket and food court in the basement of the store; this is a Harrod’s-like operation… incredible quality, well-known brands, and great values! There must be 30 different dining options…. And, as the store closes at 8:00 pm, all of the food is discounted beginning at 7:00 pm…

I was informed that a reason for the high food prices is many of the guests are Chinese, and they are less price sensitive….

There are many dining options in Seoul, and some of the best food is found at small family-run places… don’t be afraid to go local!

Hotel laundry- Washing men’s jeans US$18.00. There are many tailor shops located in the basement of the hotel; I had an issue with a suit, and I had it repaired in one hour.

Important to note that the hotel makes very easy for guests for obtain the approximately 11% tax refund on room tax and any purchases made in the hotel and at the Lotte Department Store. Don’t forget to do this, but if you are departing early in the morning, do it the night before because the refund desk is not open early and not open late.

For exchanging money, the airport is terrible and the hotel is not great either. I found two places with rates nearing the commercial rates that we all see, but never get. Best is Money Exchange (I don’t know their name, but telephone is 02 773 0777) and the second best is Gallery Currency Exchange (www.galhigh.com) with telephone 02 773 0000. They are both located across the street from the Lotte Department store.

Would I return to Lotte Hotel Seoul…. Yes.

Room Tip: If you can afford Club Level, do so as the meal benefits alone will save the cost. 27th floor is the location for meals and business center.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

It's a luxurious business hotel. Located in the city center of Seoul. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are trendy but generally not big. The general atmosphere is good and it is close to shopping centers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear sbilto,

Thank you for staying at Lotte Hotel Seoul and all of our staffs are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. City-centered location that enables you to shopping area is one of the great priviliges we can provide to our guests.
Once again, thank you for taking your time to review our property and we look forward to having you here with us when you visit Seoul next time.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have made a booking for July to visit Seoul. Normally with large hotels it is possible to arrange pick up from the air port or to communicate directly with the hotel in order to arrange site seeing tours. The hotel website is very poor in that none of these features are available. I hope the hotel does respond to this review as there seems no other way of communicating directly with the hotel, even an e-mail address would be appreciated

Room Tip: Cannot rate the hotel as not yet stayed there
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Antony R

Dear TonyRobotham,

Thank you for letting us to be your host for your visit in Seoul next month. All of us at Lotte Hotel Seoul are looking forward to welcoming you.
I apologize if our website was displayed inefficiently for you by not providing an option to arrange a transport service from the airport. For your information, If you go to Customer Center listed bottom part of our web site, you will be able to contact us directly through e-mail, or phone and request for the service you desire to have including a pick up service and tour information.

Again, I appreciate for your feedback on having the feature on our website. We will definitely consider your comment to provide better service for our guests. Please let us know if there is anything we can prepare before your visit to make your stay more comfortable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice business hotel. Very friendly staf, nice and trendy rooms. But not cheap. Biggest problem for me is that you hear a lot of noise from the halls: from children to even housekeeping staff. Was woken up every morning due to the noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Polmans,

Thank you for choosing Lotte Hotel Seoul and we appreciate you for sharing your experience at our hotel. All of our staff members are very glad that you enjoyed our service and trendy rooms.
Also, I would like to apologize if there was noise issue during your stay, especially in the mornings. We will make sure to share this feedback with our housekeeping team so that we do not interrupt our guests.
Furthermore, for your information, we sometimes provide our guests a great deal on our website, so I recommend you to check regularly if you are looking for cost-efficient deals.

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you next time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the club level in room 2654 from Friday to Sunday last week. We arrived at Inceon airport and were picked up by a gentleman who spoke NO english with a placard, that was very nice. When we arrived to the hotel we found that there is an ld wing and a new wing. The driver nor the bellman knew where to take us. We wandered around the first floor totally exhausted after a 14+ hour flight from New York, as I asked the few people that I saw in the hallway. After several minutes a woman chaperoned us to the 14th floor where the New Wing reception is...no signs.

We paid with our Platinum AMEX which provides that if any hotel that accepts AMEX has a room in the next level above what we booked than we get an upgrade. The hotel told me they have never heard of that before. I called AMEX, at now 5:15am, and of course the hotel was wrong. After getting to the right person on AMEX and getting the hotel receptionist the phone the line went dead.

The room was nice but not great. The beds are VERY old but the bedding was nice. The rooms were clean.

The food in the hotel and room service were astronomical! 48USD for a cheeseburger, 33USD for a bowl of spaghetti...the servings were child size and not very good!

The hotel is not very helpful either. On Saturday morning we had a tour with Novalnad tours (fantastic by the way). We asked the bellman to call them and were told there is no such company is Seoul, as our tour guide rounded the corner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple