The Plaza
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
Zen House(Seoul)
1,532 results
All reviewscity hallpremier suiteseparate buildingtouch screenbuilding next doorthe club loungecontrol panelcentral locationunderground walkwaywalking distancehigh techexcellent hotelrain showermodern roomslotte department storedowntown seoultourist attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed for 5 nights and received good service the minute I alighted from the taxi. The taxi driver (which i got from the taxi station at incheon airport) was trying to overcharge us but thankfully the duty manager Ryan helped us to resolve the issue with the driver. The hotel is linked to myeongdong by a huge underground shopping arcade as well as to the subway (city hall station) so the location is excellent. And the concierge Michelle (Kim) gives very good dinner recommendations as well. In all, a very good stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear TKW123,

I would like to deeply thank you for having taken the time to write such a detailed good review about your recent stay at The Plaza.

I am really glad to know that you have enjoyed guest service. I am sure that this review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff especially Ryan Kim, duty manager and Michelle Kim from concierge as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. As you mentioned, The Plaza is located right by City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts.

We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We wish you a nice day and look forward to welcoming you. Thank you.

Yong Woon Kim,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at the Plaza for the second time on a business trip. Chose it mainly for the location - the hotel is literally in the city centre and walking distance to most offices in the central area. Also walking distance are lots of good restaurants, the palace and the charming Cheonggyecheon stream. The rooms are comfortable , though not very large. Tried the hotel restaurant for one of the meals which was nice. The hotel is also included in the airport limousine bus route which is a convenient way to get to and from the airport (also takes almost the same time).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Aus9,

It is fantastic to read such a good review and I appreciate that. I am quite pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and service.

The Plaza is facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and etc, are within walking distance of our hotel. And there is a limousine bus between the hotel and Incheon international airport 2~3 times an hour on a daily basis.

We know our standard rooms are slightly small compared to other five-star hotels in Seoul, however they are newly renovated and feature high-tech facilities such as touch panel, rain shower and Nespresso coffee machine to relieve discomfort and optimize guest’s stay.

Once again, thank you for acknowledging many positive elements of your stay. It brings us great pleasure knowing that our team helped to make your stay a memorable experience.
We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition and hope it will not be long to see you again.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I usually stay at another hotel close by but was recommended the Plaza. The lobby has a luxury feel about it but I fear that is where it stops. The service was very good and the staff very helpful for sure but the rooms were disappointing. Small, dark rooms even though I was in a exec suite and I just had a feeling that it wasn't all that comfortable as the other place.
It's proximity to city hall means that you are exposed to demonstrations on the green area outside the front of the hotel and loud crowds can be annoying.
In all it did the job but can't see myself returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear SeanHiggins,

We apologize for any inconveniences during your recent stay at The Plaza.
We understand that you have suffered some noises from outside hotel.

I noticed that you have had a mixture of some good and bad experiences during this stay. I am really glad to know that you have enjoyed guest service. The Plaza is located right by City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts.

We have a selection of rooms that faces Seoul Plaza in front of City hall, and that is quite noisy but with mesmerizing to view. In regards to noise from Seoul Plaza, double window system has installed to reduce noise level since we fully understand how important it is to sleep well during business trips.

But your constructive criticism helps us identify opportunities and be able to focus on service thoroughly. We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

I look forward to welcoming you again next time you are back in Seoul.

Yong Woon Kim,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in The Plaza hotel in September 2013. The room was nice but very crowded with an extra large bed but the most importantly, the room was very clean. The bathroom was also clean and OK sized. The personnel was very friendly and polite. The WiFi was free and the hotel guests could also use the fitness room for free but it was in a different building. The hotel was also in a good location and it was easy to take a bus from the airport to the hotel, and it was near the tube station. The breakfast was also very good with many different options but the buffet was sometimes empty so it was not well organized despite of the many employees. Overall it was very nice experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Jaana K,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Plaza!

The renovated hotel rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs and are furnished with custom-made furniture and high tech facilities. And we think it is very important to keep rooms in top shape to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. As you mentioned, we are facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station, City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and recommendable restaurants are within walking distance of our hotel. I am afraid that you are disappointed at the bed and room size even we emphasize on business traveler’s sleep and the beautiful view in guest room.

We will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility to create memorable hotel experiences for our guests!

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Plaza again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have stayed this hotel twice within 3 weeks, however, with two completely different experience. I haven't been back to Asia for quite a few years, Seoul was my very first stop and also the very last stop during my Asia trip for celebrating my mother's 50-year birthday. In late august, we stayed the Plaza for 1 night, We received warm welcome, check in process was super smooth, due to our late arrival, the conceige team was so kind to update us into a club suite, which was such a delightful surprise especially after a 11 hours flight. The luggage man was super friendly, introduced us with all the functions in the room. We liked very much about the trendy design, the Hermes shower kits, and the fancy toilet, the views and so on. Therefore we were so looking forward to stay there again. However, the second time in early september we received a very different point of view with this hotel. Upon check in, I was assigned to a room first, then with no discussion with me, the guy who was handling my check in called another girl (Heather Shin) over, they then started talking in Korean which I have no idea of for a while, right after they assigned me to a different room, also give me a card ask me to wait for 45 minuets to get this room ready. I asked her why I should wait since it is the legit check in time, she told me in a very cold manner that they fully booked the previous day, your options are, wait for 45 minutes or downgrade to lower floor, and that will be the best we can offer you. If you want an upgrade, you will have to pay a full cost to that room. I asked her several times if there is anything more you could do since we just came off from a long-hour flight, she said, no, those will be the only things. Please be minded, the entire time she had given NO apologies AT ALL, i am normally very easing going if you have your manner right, with a five star hotel, I am not expecting to be served like an idiot, i think in this occasion, at very least, you should say a "sorry". However, I hadn't had any chance to hear that word at all that day with Heather. After 30 minutes wait, she came around and told us the room was ready, i also asked her where we should have our breakfast in the morning, she told us immediately with no hesitation that "you don't have free breakfast". I was already quite pissed off at that point, asked her again, are you sure, she answered a "yes", then i told her to check in your system, you can tell right away she was not willing to do so, after check, she came back to us and told us you would have breakfast on the second floor, and of course still no sorry at all. Other than this, all the rest of services have been remarkable, the door men, the other conceige staff, the luggage men etc were extremely friendly. However, i don't think I will ever stay in the Plaza again next time, despite the fact it is a five star hotel and all the other services had been exceptionally great, in a general sense I don't deserve to be treated like this, especially this trip was so special for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank a_das_77
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear amsy77,

On behalf of our entire front desk staffs, I would like to offer you a sincere apology for the disappointment and mistreatment that you have experienced on your second visit to our hotel.

I personally have investigated what happened that day with my staff, especially discussed with Heather Shin. Heather has been awarded for an excellent staff of the month for three consecutive months. I have been told that she was under a lot of stress on that afternoon due to her family matters. But it is still not an acceptable reason to mistreat our guests, I specifically have advised her to control her emotion and actions in order to prevent from happening again.

As you have mentioned from the comment, we should provide with the most excellent service and highly personalized hotel experience to all our guests.

I highly appreciate if you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again with our true level of service.

Sincerely yours,