“So loud and not so clean”

Hamilton Hotel Seoul
Ranked #147 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Perugia, Italy
“So loud and not so clean”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The position of the building is perfect, right above the metro station and along the main road in Itaewon.
I paid 132000 won per night, twin room, no breakfast. When I stepped inside my room the first thing I noticed was the carpet, a little worn. The bathroom looked very old, the curtain of the shower a little dirty but the thing that most bothered me was the presence of dozen of very little midges, from the tub to the rest of the room. Also the corners of the tub was very full of mildew.
The beds look clean and the pillows was comfortable. No problems with the air conditioning.
My bedroom faced over the main street of Itaewon and so there was so much noise until the dawn but It wasn't a problem for me (heavy sleep).
The personnel was very kind and speak very good english.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in Korea for 3 days and 2 nights. My mom had booked this hotel without me knowing. I had chosen other hotels but she chose this one instead. The price is good, I'll admit that, but the service was terrible. The first day I was there to check in, the lady at the front desk had poor English and whenever I tried to speak she interuppted me. When we got into our room everything was great until I saw the bathroom. The corners were gross and the lighting in that room was pretty dark. What also bothered me was that the small drawer they put in between twin beds was so dirty! I also had a hard time finding an outlet and when I did it was very inconvieniet considering that my charger's chord isn't very long and the outlet was so far from the beds or chairs. The location was ok as well. Sleeping was hard for me because I heard so much noise from outside. It was all club music and loud screaming. I really couldn't go to sleep. Also, the ladies that clean the rooms weren't that nice either. I came out of the elevator and they were in the corner. I walked past them and looked back to see if my mom was behind me and I saw the two ladies pointing at me and laughing! I was extremely mad. The day I went to check out, when I went to the front desk no one was there. I waited 15 minutes just standing there waiting for someone to notice me but no one cared. This hotel would have been a lot better if the service was worked on.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kcleisme
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Value for money, this place was really good. It's on the main street with lots of places to go shopping, have great meals, and use the metro system to get around.

The beds were fairly comfortable, the rooms large, and I did enjoy my stay here.

The only things I would mark the hotel down on is the language barrier with reception (most of the time I could not communicate with them in English), and the fact that the furniture and fittings in the room are in serious need of updating. Nevertheless, I would still recommend it to friends and family.

Also, I didn't get a chance to make it to the pool but my room had a view of it and it did look really nice.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors to avoid traffic noise and get the best view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Hamilton Hotel Itaewon is strategically located.
From Incheon Airport it costs $16000won (abt $16SGD) Limo Service Coach(no issue with luggage) which stop opposite the hotel. Need to cross the traffic light junction.
Hotel room is reasonable clean and spacy.
There is a subway train in front of the hotel and also the Tourist Office in the subway.
Beside branded and non-branded shops along the road in front of the hotel, there are also night market along the footway which started from 5pm to 10pm.
There are several pubs, discos and night clubs nearby and the night activities ends till 5am with the police station opposite the hotel is always busy. (Juz like Singapore Orchard Rd). So expected some noise but not that serious probably we were staying at the 10th floor.
Significantly, for Muslims travelers the halal eateries and restaurants are walking distance to each other. There are about 20 Halal eateries and restaurants, mostly owns by Middles East migrants, a Malay/Indonesia and also the local Korea Halal dishes(the best Murree Restaurant).
The Itaewon Mosque is juz round the corner.
In conclusion, there is no issue to look for Halal Food.

Room Tip: Not sure of a good particular room. Ironically, Hamilton Hotel Itaewon is always fully booked even d...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank AraboujiKoria
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel is right in the heart of Itaetawon...a lovely lively area in Seoul! I stayed here last summer with my family and we had a great stay. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff, like most in Korea, were so so nice.

Roof top pool which is always a winner.

Can't complain about this lovely hotel x

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Clare M
Chicago
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Well, when you first walk in the lobby it SMELLS. It smelled every time we were in the lobby. Smells like sewage. The decor hotel is very outdated but that did not bother me. What did bother me was the following:
1. The air conditioning did not work. I slept above the covers all night and at time was still warm. It did not matter what you turned the temperature on the thermostat too because it never got any cooler. That was really frustrating.
2. Stains on the bedding: on the pillow case and the on the sheet on the bed. JUST NASTY!!!
3. Noise from outside the hotel and down the hallway was loud. Outside was the worst. Thank goodness I brought ear plugs.
4. The TV sucked, not a clear picture at all.
5. The bathroom really needs some work!
6. Wish there would have been a fresh water cooler like other hotels I had been in.
7. Carpet seems VERY OLD. I would not take my socks off and walk barefoot in there.
I guess that is all. The one positive is the staff seemed very nice and when we left our belongings in the lobby after check out to walk around I felt they were very safe and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 509 unless you want to hear loud music in the hallway from the "party poo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly C

Travellers are raving about these Seoul hotels

Dagupan, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The rate of this hotel is almost similar to a 4star hotel comparing it to the rates posted on the net. decided to get this bec of the availability and proximity to bus and subway. which is strategic if ur a first time traveler in seoul.

lots of good restos and expats around. almost all nationalities walking around the neighborhood.

You can see lots of swimming pool goers too, from 10am til 4pm. and it gets packed. nice view if ur room faces the pool.

pool use is for a fee. lots of locals use this pool. surprisingly is a Go to place forbthem too. and mostly stay to sun bath and not swim much.

theres no lounge at the lobby.

wifi very fast. room is huge.

cleanest rooms are on the 9th floor. wc is no smoking. other floors habe that weird smell bec of the carpet.

bathroom is kinda outdated but clean.

u can fit 6 people in this room if u dont mind sharing the bathroom all together.

with the price. sadly they dont provide shampoo. only soap and lotion.