“Location location location!”

Hamilton Hotel Seoul
Ranked #134 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have stayed here twice with friends and on both occasions our intention was to party in Itaewon. The location of this hotel is GREAT if you are looking to explore the area and the night life. If you are exploring Seoul and won't be in your room all of the time, this is a great option. We couldn't get a booking over the phone, but we stopped by to see if they had any free rooms and they were able to accommodate us. Its true, the rooms are basic and dated, but they are clean, have flat panel TVs, and a convenient shopping center next door. The beds are comfortable enough and their "twin" beds are actually American sized "fulls" and can sleep up to four people in a room. I think that the rooms are over priced, (140,000 Won) but the location is great, rooms are clean, and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2010

I stayed there for 2 days and 3 nights. There was a problem with a single room I originally booked - ALL amenities were not working. So they temporarily transferred me to a double-bed room and assured me to be transferred the next day to a single room. I need to go out during the day to attend an activity so they said I will need to leave my things at the bell service, which I did - no problem. But when I came back from the conference, I was surprised to learn that my reservation for the next 2 days has a problem. I was asked if I AM SURE about the "transfer" thing. After about 5 to 10 minutes of checking their record, I was given a key - key to the original single room I was supposed to stay the last night. When I asked the counter person if they are sure that the room is already working, she said "I DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN GO THERE AND CHECK". I was really surprised to hear that from a service provider. The least I was expecting is for her to ask the bell service to go up and check the room first before I go there and to go down again because the room is defective.

Despite this incident, my stay with Hamilton was OK. The place was clean, the surrounding was great, and lots of stores to buy things you like. Transportation - no problem.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Service was polite & unassuming ( an iron & ironing board were provided when requested). Room clean: double bed too small for 2 but both beds v.comfortable; shower superb.
Location central & excellent for good restaurants- not too noisy either.
Air conditioning essentiel in August was very efficient; liked least the coffee, though buffet breakfast was otherwise varied & appealing.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I was a student living in Seoul - I'm a Brit - and have many fond memories of this hotel. After our prom we had a party here, and the cops came and busted us for being too loud. My date and I were the 1st out the window.

Lots of ladies of the night in the neighborhood and the lobby. One thing my girl mates tell me is that they do have fantastic earrings!

GW4N

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank gw4n
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The Hamilton Hotel is in the Itaewon area of Seoul, one of the most westernised areas of the city with a large ex-pat community. If you want to get a feel of traditional Seoul it probably isn't the best place to stay. However, it is convenient as a base for exploring the city, there is a vibrant night life and there are some good restaurants nearby.
The Hotel is adequate but very dated, the rooms were clean enough but not sparkling. In terms of price it couldn't be said it offers great value by general standards, however rooms in Seoul are all quite expensive.
I would recommend, but be aware that it is not luxurious.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crackle83
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Nothing speciall, no major issue but also no major satisfaction. Location is the strong point of the hotel and free internett access a good deal. Rooms are really old and they need rufirbisment. Will stay again there for the area though I'll ask if they have renovated rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2010

The Hamilton Hotel is located in the center of The Iteawon where there are many good restaurants, pubs and night clubs and many foreigners live there, so quite multinational and multi-cultural place in Seoul. Good to enjoy the night life and do shopping. someone doesn't like the busy surround, better not to go and stay there. average value for money and service.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo