Hi Guesthouse
  • Restaurant
US$198
US$164
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed for 5days. It was third times coming to Korea, Hi Guesthouse was one of the best hostel I've ever stayed.
First of all it was very clean and owner and staff were very kind. They clean the room and bathroom everyday and always ask to me like this.
"Is there any uncomfortable?"
Of course it is very easy thing but makes me feel more happy whenever they asked.
Actually I am the person who has many question about everything, so I asked them about good restaurant, transportation, attraction, concert, department store, etc.. everyday. But they always answer my question very kindly and specifically. Due to their kind support, I could travel
in Korea really really comfortably.
The best thing was the location. Due to located in near the subway station(Mangwon st.), I could hang out somewhere easily. And convenient store is very close, just takes 1minute. Especially mainstreet like 'Hongdae' is very close(famous for young, many bar and club in this),
so I use to go out Hongdae at evening with my new friends. In spite of the best location, very quite and cozy around, it was really satisfied.

The only thing I felt uneasy was less bathroom, cause of sahred bathroom. But you can use the bathrooms in the other floors when occupied.

Anway, HiGuesthouse is one of the best hostel in the Korea I've ever been. If I come back to korea, I would stay in Higuesthouse again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank flame0212
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I and my friends (3 girls) were staying here for about 2 weeks and everything was just perfect! The owner was very friendly and polite and so were the employees. They cleaned the rooms, the toilets and also the outer sections very thoroughly so that the house was always in a clean state. On top of that, the guesthouse is also well situated. It's near the famous area of Hongdae so that u can even go by feet. The train station (Mangwon Station) is also very near and there are many little shops and restaurants in the surroundings.

I really recommend this guesthouse to everyone and a tip in addition: there is also a rooftop that was rebuilt just this summer. It's a perfect place to see the sunset or to just chill out with friends. See for yourself! It's really worthwhile :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my second time visited Seoul. I stayed at the Hi Guest House for about a month. At first, I was a bit nervous because I've never stayed in a guesthouse with strangers before. Some more, I'm not a talkative person and shy while meeting with strangers.
Thanks for Tae Hwan, Chris and Kenneth talked with me, sharing their experiences to me and finally I could used to be there.
Hi Guest House was located near Mangwon Station and it will take about 10 minutes to reach the guesthouse. There is a local market- Mangwon Market near Mangwon Station exit 1. There are restaurants, marts, Mc Donald's etc. nearby the guesthouse.Furthermore, the guesthouse is near to Hongdae area for about 15-20 minutes by walk.
They clean the guesthouse everyday. There are computers for guests to use and free wifi as well.
They provided breakfast which toast, egg, peanut butter, jam and coffee.
The staffs are friendly, helpful and handsome:) They always gave me useful information and taught me some Korean words. They will try their best to help the guests in every way as they can.
Finally, thanks for having me in Hi Guest House. I had a great memory during my stay and September 2013 was meaningful and amazing month for me in this year. I really appreciated it. Thank you Tae Hwan, Kenneth and Chris. I hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at the Hi Guest House in Seoul and loved it. The place is spotlessly clean. There are computers there to use and free wifi. The staff are so friendly and helpful. One person walked with me to show me where to buy groceries and helped me with subway directions. I was having a problem using my debit card in Seoul and could not pull out cash to get on the subway. The owner of the guest house gave me cash so that I could get on. The place feels very homey with a nice kitchen. Breakfast food, coffee, and tea are offered. I highly recommend Hi Guest House!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ElizabethAnneHill
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My girl friend and i stayed with Hi Guesthouse during our recent trip to Seoul. The guesthouse was located near Mangwon station and it will take you ard 10mins walk to reach the guesthouse. There are mini marts and watsons located nearby the guesthouse. On the first night, we stayed in 6 female dorm and later on we moved to twin room and special twin room. I don't suggest 6 female dorm as people came back late and can affect your sleep especially if you're a light sleeper. I will highly recommend special twin room as it is more spacious and quiet at night and in the morning.

The toilet will clogged easily and there will be problem with the flush. The staff told me that it is common for koreans to throw their used toilet papers into the waste bin beside the toilet bowl to prevent clogging. Nevertheless, the staff were prompt to to service the toilet when i told them the problem.

Lastly, I will recommend this guesthouse to my friends who wish to visit Seoul in future!

Room Tip: Special twin room at level 3 are recommended. However, the stairway are narrow and not suitable for big luggage.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends