“We love our stay there”
Review of Hi Guesthouse

Hi Guesthouse
Ranked #54 of 986 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Big compliment to the guest house. We enjoyed our stay, the manager was very helpful and understanding. Also, the place was clean and we met a lot of nice and funny people. We went to a Korean BBQ with the whole house, manager and staff included. Its location is also the best, close to several metro stations and convenience stores / restaurants / cafés within 5 minutes walk. We'll be back next time we come to Seoul!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The 13th n 14th of July,
I stayed at HI GUESTHOUSE for 2 days with my friends.
This guesthouse's manager is so kind n funny. He can speak Japanese n also English.

Our room is pretty clean, so big room for us. Bathroom is also like that. There is towel in guesthouse so don't need to bring them.

I enjoyed having dinner with guesthouse's people. It was excellent!!!
I really recommend this guesthouse if u serch ur room in Korea!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hi Guest House is really a great place to stay in Seoul. I had a pleasant one not only because of its amenities but as well as the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They are also good in speaking in English that make it easier for guests like me to communicate and ask anything relating to touring around the city. The guesthouse is clean. It has a calm and cozy environment. And being situated in a suburb made it more likeable to me as it brought me the Korean vibe and surrounding that I’m really after to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had a memorable stay at Hi guesthouse for 8 nights. I would say the owner, Tae Hwan, is really friendly and nice guy. He is really helpful in everything i need. Tae Hwan also organised dinner together with the rest of the guests so we can make new friends. I was lucky to make many new friends there. The stuffs Clement and Su Yang are friendly too.whenever i have questions, they always tried their best to help and we have already become friends. Breakfast is provided and timing is flexible, you can even cook your own food. I would say my stay in Hi guesthouse was very comfortable and will stay there again when i visit Seoul next time.

Room Tip: dormitory rooms are at the same level as the kitchen
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband, daughter and my sister. It was a great stay there! The staff were friendly (the french guy) and Tae Hwan was really kind when he didnt charge for my 4year old daughter! He gave us the 4 bedded room (2 bunk beds). It was just right at the kitchen but not noisy at all. The room and facilities is always clean. They provide filtered water, bread, jam and eggs. It was also near to Mangwon station and grocery stores (where i bought my express rice and some veges. Yes i cook!). I love it there and it sooo convenient! Definitely will come back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I researched the type of place I wanted and read reviews on here before booking a week at Hi Guesthouse. I liked that it is a small, 'residential' type of Hostel. Even when other guests are there though, it can seem like you are in your own private world. At one point, I thought I must be the only one there, until I ran into other guests one evening. They were also shocked as they had thought the same thing! LOL. We were on different levels and just had never run into each other.
Tae Wan and Clement are both very kind and willing to help you if you need anything. They really care about their guests but try to stay out of the way and give you your rest and privacy. At the same time, if you are lucky, you will be there when they go out for BBQ or have one on the rooftop. It is a lot of fun to do that with them and the other guests. The place is very clean and modern in decor, yet it feels comfortable to be there if you are lounging during the day or staying in one evening. It is so nice to sit out on the terrace in the early morning or evening.
I stayed on the top floor and although I am 45 and sometimes worried Taw Wan ( bless his heart) going up and down the stairs, I liked staying up there very much. I enjoyed the tranquility of the place, and feeling as though I was 'coming home' each night after I explored Seoul.
I originally thought I would change to a different area and hostel after my first week, but it was so perfect at Hi Guesthouse that I ended up extending 5 days for the remainder of my trip. It is the only place I would want to stay if I return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cyndi L
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Second time i come in hi guest house, second time I'm fully satisfied. Everything is done in a good mood and Tae Wan (owner) is always welcoming and funny. Perfect location and good price. Many nationalities, many exchanges. To do. PFC

• Stayed: June 2014