“Great customer service”

Ranked #402 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Hong Kong, China
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I looked for a budget hotel in Seoul and I found WS Hotel that it has positive comments among other travelers. I stayed at the deluxe double room (bigger room) for 3 nights.

At first, the hotel location is difficult to find, so I will recommend the travelers to "google map" the location before arriving. But the hotel location is convenient while just 3 mins walk to the metro station. And 10mins walk to the university areas with lots of cosmetic shops and restaurants.

My room is in the basement, big and equipped (with fridge, TV, kettle, cup, strong wifi!) However, I could hear the sound of using bathroom from the next room when I was using my bathroom.

The reception staff is very helpful. My partner hurt his ankle and the reception staff brought me an ice bag and also some painkillers that I am really appreciated.

There is a traditional Korea restaurant near the hotel that opened 24 hours. Perfect for late night meal. A convenience shop (LOTTE Market 999) is around the corner and you could buy drinks and food. Besides, a bigger Family mart and Daiso (1000 won shop) can be found around the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Yes, our hotel is so close to metro station, but hidden a bit.
We send e-mail with detail map and direction to our guests,
if they request to us with e-mail.
So feel free to ask when you have some question.
We always want to help you.
Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
South San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and all of my night stays were FANTASTIC. Sure the hotel may be small, but the smaller hotels will give you the most attention since they do not have to chase on premier guests. The moment I checked in, it was very snappy. The night manager that was on duty that day took my luggage upstairs, effortlessly. I guess it means a lot to me to get all the help that I could knowing that I just came from a 14 hour flight from USA. You will be treated with royalty at this place but in a very humble way. The sheets were changed everyday and they give enough towels for single guests. The television has wide selection of English and Korean channels. The bed was firm, but I like it that way. The pillow was piece of magic. I do not know how it works, but it somehow sucks in air to give a fluffy feel. Everything is clean in the room. Bottles of waters were replenished everyday. I could not really flaw anything about this hotel since I get equally, if not, more than what I paid for.

This hotel is designed for students traveling on a budget or single travelers who just wish to have a place to stay or to sleep. The shower's water pressure was amazingly strong and there's ample of hot water in the morning. The neighborhood itself was very quiet and Sinchon station is literally a stone throw away. There are many surrounding restaurants around the hotel so do not be afraid of dying from starvation. Dunkin Donuts and Lotteria are also a dash run away.

Maneuver yourself of finding the hotel at the first time and then you are set for the rest of your trip finding it. I just started learning to speak Korean, and learning how to say "BEHIND GRANDMART SINCHON" in Korean will be very helpful telling the taxi driver the location of the this hotel. I will stay at this place in the near future since it saves me money staying here.

The managers were all helpful, but I was able to manage my trip alone since I am so fanatic of getting lost and wandering the city alone. Both speaks very good English and they seem very enthusiastic in helping anyone who seeks their help. Check out was so fast and once again, they lugged my luggage down the stairs, so that was zero effort on my part.

What I love the most out of this hotel is the talking door knob telling me that the door is locked! Hahaha! I will definitely stay at this location once again since I got so familiar with the area already. Accessible and very affordable. Thank you very much WS Sinchon!

Room Tip: Just ask for a bigger room if its available.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GlobeTrekker213
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
I want to say more than thank you for your awesome review.
We always want to help you who feels a stranger in Seoul, or Korea.
If our guests feel comfortable and have wonderful moments in Seoul,
we will also be happy for that :-)
Please visit us again and thank you so much.
Have a great day.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Well, I share the excellent ratings of others and had the same pleasant and attentive support from the young owner and his assistent. Their English was better than the uniformed staff of the neighouring 4 stars hotels where my colleaques stayed.
If you need a budget priced hotelroom in Seoul with 4 star service, excellent transportation, a variety of restaurants and 24/7 convenient shops, WS Hotel Sinchon is the place to be.

Room Tip: when they see you, they know what you need.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you so much for your great review.
Our hotel is small and not luxurious atmosphere,
so we want to provide great and nice service.
We keep trying to be friendly and kind,
please visit us again when you're in Seoul next time.
S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Thanks for keeping the room clean everyday !
The clean bed and bathroom...
Staffs are really kind :)
Had so great time at WS hotel. Thank u a lot.
I wanna visit soon again Nogosan.
I ll stay at WS of course.

Room Tip: Everything was great.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellen S
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review :)
We know that our building is old one, so we clean and clean everyday.
We hope to see you again.
Please visit our hotel again when you come to Seoul.
Thank you so much and have a nice day~ :-)
Zwolle, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

If you only need a stay for the night, this is an excellent place to choose, located near the metro in a nice and lively district of Seoul. The room may be small, but has all you need: TV, watercooker, cups, tea and coffee. Most striking however is the warm and attentive support from the owner and his assistent.

Room Tip: Ask by email a description how to find the hotel and it is very easy to come there by railroad and m...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
How are you ma'am :-)
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
It was a great time having wonderful guests like you.
I hope that I can see you guys again and have great memories in Seoul.
Thanks again and have a great, great day~
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

My taxi driver had a really difficult time finding this teeny tiny hotel in an obscure back alley and we wasted more than an hour going in circles around the Sinchon area. I was asked to pay 10,000KW more than what was stated in the meter. At one point in time, I was about to give up finding the hotel. Pls. make sure your taxi driver knows where this place is before setting off for this hotel.

Other than this bad taxi experience... the hotel really has a good location that is both near the subway as well as the bus stop which you can take the airport limousine bus. However, pls. note the room is really tiny and is one of the smallest room I have ever stayed in. With your luggage (not fully opened even), you have to squeeze your way into the toilet. The bed is comfortable with clean bedsheets. The staff are able to speak fluent English and are able to make recommendations and assist you.

This hotel is suitable for solo stay and only if you don't see yourself spending much time in the room. It serves its function as a place to sleep for the night at a price-friendly room rate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Hi, Thank you for your wonderful review about teeny tiny hotel
and I'm so sorry about the stupid taxi driver
I've never seen that taxi driver like him
yes, you're right
I also don't want to recomend our hotel to someone who has A LOT of luggage
Because, I know our single room is small so that's why I tried to keep luggage in our office
I want to say thank you anyway for making a comment here
and we will do our best to give guests good service.
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel provides a reasonable priced, calm and tidy bed in the district close to the university. The room is surprisingly small, not a place you want to stay all day, but you don't have to. In the surroundings are a lot of nice places, clubs, bars, restaurants, shops. The subway/busses take you everywhere else in Seoul.
The staff is very nice and eager to help you having a nice stay.

The hotel is a bit hard to find, despite being very close to the subway. It is hidden in the middle of a couple of high-rise buildings, which shield it from the noise of the city.

Definitly a recommendation if you are looking for a clean and calm bed in the city.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Topher0815
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you so much for your review.
We also know that our hotel is small and little bit hard to hard,
so we're always eager to help our guests.
We 're sending e-mail(incase of we know the address) with directions and maps.
Still can't find it? just call at the Sinchon Station, we're going to pick you up :-)
Thank you for your recomendation.
And I hope you to visit Seoul again~