See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2017

highly recommend. it is a budget hotel, really convenient to live here. overall, it was a good home. All the things were clean, free and fast Wifi. Really friendly host. Not expected to much at the beginning but then so impressed

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We booked up this residence to allow us to spend time with my son who is working in Korea. Having researched the accommodation before I was pleasantly surprised by what we found when we arrived.

The room is well equipped with a small kitchen fridge/freezer and microwave kettle and washing machine a real bonus during our stay.

Location is good really close to the underground station and gangnam a vibrant part of the city. Daily cleaning of the room is very good and plenty of of space to store your cloths.

Down sides .. the mattress is very hard not comfortable at all and you do need to ask for extra pillows and coat hangers, the wet room/bathroom is a little cramped but quite functional I suppose.

Generally a nice stay good location and staff are quite friendly clean room and all you need for a stay in this city. My only personal down side is the distance from the airport over an hour and twenty by car and the General cost of eating and drinking which was more expensive than you might experience even in London.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Room was small but fairly clean with fresh sheets, no bad odor, a desk, free Wi-Fi, hair dryer, and a separate kitchenette stocked with essential pots and utensils which were nice. Main sleeping area had a washer & dryer combo unit in the built in closet. I did not use the kitchenette or the laundry machine during my week long stay but it would have been nice for guests that may have use for them. There were no other amenities to speak of outside the room but I knew this before checking into this 'residence' type facility. Room service came by few times during my week long stay to clean the room and to restock with fresh towels but no soap/shampoo.

Biggest issue I had with the Blooming House which I learned the hard way during the first two nights of stay was that my room was infested with mosquitoes. Returning to the room late first night jet lagged and tired, I was kept up good part of the night constantly being harassed by all the bites. Next morning and upon returning to the room late that night, I made sure all the mosquitoes were terminated. During the process, I noticed close to dozen squatted mosquitoes in the various spots of the wall & ceiling telling the story that previous guests must have suffered the similar fate during their stay throughout the summer. Windows had no screens on them and they must have gotten in when the house cleaning was in the room to clean and air out the room.

Without the mosquitos, overall rating of Blooming House would have been a 2.5 stars (Fair) and considering 'performance to value' factors, a solid 3.0 stars (Good) but due to all the bites/harassment & squatted blood/mosquito spots on the wall, it drops back down to 2.5. Rating would be even lower than 'Fair' range if the mosquito problem would have persisted beyond the first two nights of stay but since rest of the stay was fairly pleasant after some serious mosquito termination, I would rate the Blooming House 2.5 stars out of 5.0 considering all factors including but not limited to facility, location, service, price, etc. etc. Would I go back? Sure but...I will have to think twice during May~November (my stay was in mid-October) unless Blooming House installs window screens or some kind of anti mosquito repellant device(s) in the rooms to keep the mosquitos out without using the harmful chemicals to breath in.

Room Tip: Nice 'residential' style hotel to stay in but avoid May~Nov unless they install window screens or figure out a way to keep out mosquitoes
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ysspo
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Overall appearance was good. The rooms were good enough for two persons. Fast Internet was included in the price. Near the subway station in Gangngam district. Good access to COEX and Gangnam Station with lots of restaurants cafe and pubs. We loved it.

Room Tip: Good location in Gangnam district
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

Clean and conveniently located near the subway.
It's really a studio service apartment with little or no service.
- On approaching the hotel ( check in at 10pm) there are couple of 'bums' in front of the hotel foyer. One is lying on the bench smoking the other one is playing with a stick or a baseball of some sort. Turns out - one of them was the front desk check-in guy / manager. Nice.
- Toilet is v small - you basically shower next to the sink! There's a hose that feeds from the sink tap - and that's where you shower. Good thing is you can brush you teeth while showering. And the next person using toilet gets a free foot cleaning coz the floor is all wet.
- Stated for 4 nights and was provided with hand towels to use as bath towels for the entire time. Front desk keeps saying they've run out. What ? 4 nights in a row ? Also the towels needs a slight touch of massive bleaching
- Bring your own shampoo and soap. 1tiny hand soap - you know the tiny little ones - provided and that is it. This is sad. Had to run to 7-11 next door to buy a travellers pack. This is a hotel - at least give me a cheap sachet of body wash or something..
- Had to check out at 630am to catch and no one is there. We simply left the key on the unmanned front desk and walked out. But that's fine coz they didn't take our credit card details on check in.
- The in room free wifi didn't work. Didn't bother complaining coz we had our own pocket wifi.
- No available electrical socket anywhere near the table lamp. ( used up by the phone and the wifi router) fortunately the wifi is useless so we unplugged them to make room for the table lamp.

Overall impression: if this is sold as a hostel or pension, I wouldn't complain that much. The basic service is just not there.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends