“Noice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #85 of 532 Speciality Lodging in Seoul
Daejeon, null, South Korea
“Noice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

On my first few days here in Korea I decided I wanted to check out the artsy world of Hongdae. When asking some of my traveler friends about great hostels, they recommended that I spend my time at Seoul Base Camp. The concept of capsule beds were amazing and gave me enough privacy! Jake and Min were very nice and accommodating and even took me and others to some great spots for food, drinks, and general attractions. Just make sure that you book in advance because spots can fill up fast!

Room Tip: Go for the capsules! They're an awesome experience!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This place was great to stay at, excellent atmosphere, comfy living area/common room, great location and the owners Jake and Min are awesome! The hostel was easy to find and very close to the main subway line of the city making sightseeing simple. I came back to this hostel on my second time in Seoul and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in and I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially for solo travelers.The lay-back atmosphere and sense of community make it easy to meet fellow travelers. Jake&Min are very helpful host who not only are willing to respond to different requests, but also lead people to the best spots for drinks on Weekends. The common room is nice and comfy with fast WIFI and two public computers. The showers are good with hot water all the time and they provide basic bathing supplies. The open space on the rooftop is great for getting together and there are always people hanging there. Location is great, literally 1 minute walk from the metro station. Some people said it could get loud&annoying when ppl come back to the hostel at 4/5 a.m, but I personally was never awaken once. This is the only place I would stay when going back to Seoul!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Well, I ended up staying here for a few months. There is a great social vibe for young travelers. Jake and Min do their best to make guests feel comfortable and to be aware of what is going on in this huge and crazy city. I loved the rooftop access and proximity to the Hongdae area. And I never got tired of waffles. I leave with only good memories. Big big hugs to my Seoul family!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Hyok K, Owner at Seoul Base Camp Hostel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Arlene, we love you. What a magical time it was. Rooftop picnic, ice cream in the hot tub, our weekend morning breakfast rituals. We hope you have a wonderful time whether it be in Spain, Americas or where ever in the world that needs you. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to run into you again. Good bye!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Location is awesome. Walking distance from hap jeong station. I stayed at many hostel around the world but the basecamp layout is something new to me.
i should have spend more time at the basecamp but my travel plan doesn-t allow the luxury. The communal lounge and kitchen is a great place to make new friends. Jake aka president. you don't rest? You are like 7-11. Glad you meet you. Breakfast Waffles was yummy. Tips for traveller: airport rail actually allow you to 'transfer at Hongik to hapjeong for free. I just tap out at transfer and tap out again at hapjeong. Also don't exit directly at hapjeong. Choose to transfer to line 6 and exit from there. Less walking.

• Stayed April 2013
Hyok K, Owner at Seoul Base Camp Hostel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
FM, what a pleasure having you here! Thank you for bringing your friends here as well. I don't rest because I love what I do and it gives me plenty of energy to just help travellers discover our great city. Just know that there will be unlimited breakfast waffles waiting for you or your friends if you ever visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great Vibe. Community oriented. Jake the owner is friendly and incredibly welcoming. He even gave up his own room to accommodate for another travel. When I visit South Korea again, I will definitely stay at SBC.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had an AMAZING time at Seoul Base Camp! I met so many people, who I bonded with so quickly! everyone is so open and comfortable with each other! Min and Jake are great guys, the created a great atmosphere at the Base Camp. The waffles are so good! and having toast available all the time is a great snack for those late nights of drinking. I also want to make a point that the shower heads are actually really good, the water pressure is really strong, you cant find that in many hostels :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends