“How will I stay anywhere else?”
Review of Conrad Seoul

Conrad Seoul
Ranked #25 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Conrad Seoul... You've ruined me! I do not know how I will be able to stay at any other hotel..

For a brief 3 night trip to Seoul, I found myself privileged to stay at the newish Conrad Seoul, which was embarking on its 1 year anniversary. Besides being on the new side, all attention to detail for the modern traveler has been taken into consideration.

Location: Across the river from downtown Seoul, but not too difficult to access the tourist attractions via the Subway in the attached mall. As others have mentioned, it is nice to have access to transit without exposure to outdoor elements. We took the Arex from Incheon and made a single transfer that then dropped us at Yeouido. The hotel is a couple stops from Mapo - great for some KBBQ options as well as 2 stops from the Noryangjin Fish Market. We found the location ideal as it offered amazing views onto Seoul from a distance.

Staff: All very gracious, respectful and willing to help. This is all done in a non-overbearing way, which can get annoying in other properties. I like to be taken care of, but not fussed about. Predictive and proactive group working at the property!

Facilities: Only accessed the fitness center, but did tour the sauna and pool areas. The fitness center is one of the nicest I have ever seen in a hotel - or even amongst private gyms! When I grow up and get an in-home gym, it will be modeled after the Conrad Seoul's fitness center. Wide range of machines, abundant equipment, never crowded, perfect temperature, clean smelling and spotless!

Rooms: um, wow! Had a room on a high floor facing the river and Seoul in the distance (with Exec Lounge access). The spaciousness, style, and comfort are unparalleled! Loved the built in wall unit with all the storage and nooks so all things could stay out of the way. Sufficient closet, perfect climate control system, spacious and well-lit bathroom. If I had to point out quirks, it'd be slightly dim lighting in the room (even with all lights on); one sliding door that closes the bath/opens the closet - be sure to shout out a heads up should someone be getting clothes out while you try to exit the bath; shower door is so flush to ground that it bundles the bath mat when trying to exit making for water on the floor - I always feel bad for making a mess... Beds and pillows are super comfy and towels upon towels available in the room. The magic glass function is perfect for those that need additional privacy. Great wifi! Wifi is free with HH Gold/Diamond status. If you don't have status, then wifi is free in the lounge if you have a room with access.

Lounge: One of the most spacious I've seen maybe with the exception of the Hotel Arts in Barcelona. Breakfast was available in the lounge or you could take your meal in Zest. We had 2 breakfasts in Zest and one in the lounge. Nightly cocktail service in the lounge was top notch. Table service for keeping the bubbly full as well as varied hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. Staff like the rest of the hotel was very graceful.

You really can't go wrong with this hotel.. It was the perfect start to a whirlwind trip through Asia and set the bar very high for subsequent accommodations.. I look forward to staying at the Conrad Seoul again in the future!!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with Exec lounge access.
4  Thank JK949
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation and your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. Also, we're glad to hear you've had enjoyable experiences with us, as it is utmost priority to provide beyond expectation service. Generous feedback like yours is core element in striving for even enhanced service to our customers.

Please take the chance to visit us again in the near future. Thank you.

998 - 1,004 of 1,922 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2013

what a great stay, everything is perfect! Staff is great and one of the girl at the concierge desk is a gem. She knows a lot and she printed out the most detailled info, helpful and nice.
my room was so clean and welcoming that sometime I was tempted to coccon there for ever.
Breakfast is a temptation of diferrent worlds and everything is tasty and yummy. You also have a coffe machine in the room if you need extra caffeine for the long discoveries days The hotel has a shuttle bus to and from the airport which cost 15.000KW, very convenient. It is also very well connected via subway, and don't be scared it's very simple to use and you can find everything also in english character. So cheap and neat
a fantastic experience

1  Thank bidibodi

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. It is our pleasure to hear you've enjoyed your stay with us and brought back great experience memories.

We look forward to greeting you and your family back at Conrad Seoul in the near future. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed for few days over two consecutive weeks for work. I live abroad but am from Seoul and have stayed at Westin Chosun, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Intercontinental, Shilla (pre-renovation) and JWMarriott, and I would rate the Conrad as currently the best of them all. Service/hospitality were consistenly top notch and staff were attentive, friendly and efficient (concierge patiently suffered through my request for restaurant recommendations even outside the Seoul metropolitan area). The property and rooms are impeccably clean and spacious, beds were comfortable almost to perfection and interior and lighting set an ambience that is comforting/welcoming to a very stressed mind (on hectic work travel). Rooms with river view offer a panoramic view of the Han river, Namsan and the Namsan Tower. I tried massage at the spa and quality was on par with those offered at the top resorts in Thailand (known for its massages). 37th floor bar also has a laid back yet sophisticated ambience in the evening with great night view of the city. The only downside is location which is about 15 min car ride from the city center (City Hall, Myung-Dong etc), although is closer to the airports. Also, food could be improved (all good ingredients but taste was average for a 5 star hotel (breakfast at the Executive Lounge and Italian)) but the hotel is directly linked (underground) to a mall (IFC mall) with vast, great array of food options. I would definitely make the Conrad my go-to hotel for business travel to Seoul.

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for your sincere feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to find you've enjoyed our facilities and service, which is our utmost priority for our guests. Also, I'm glad to hear you've had the opportunity to appreciate many of our facilities, including the Conrad Spa and 37Bar. We will reflect your precious feedback to enhance and serve even better service upon your next arrival.

Please provide the opportunity to welcome you back to Conrad Seoul in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We spent the weekend in Seoul and chose the Conrad due to my HHonors Diamond status and a general feeling that the perhaps more conveniently located Millennium Hilton is a bit hit and miss. We were not disappointed with the choice.

This is a really fabulous hotel with impeccable service. The rooms are very luxuriously appointed and a joy to spend time in. I think this hotel has probably my favourite executive lounge with a great range of food and drinks in a brilliant space. Another highlight...breakfast in Zest...just awesome!

Location wise, perhaps it's not the best for general tourism. But that being said, there is a shopping mall directly underneath with a great range of shops / eating options. The subway station is probably about 10 mins walk from the hotel lobby via the mall and a series of underground walkways. Most tourist destinations will involve at least one change from the lines accessible from the station. On the positive side the hotel is super easy to get to from ICN airport...it is essentially the first stop for limousine bus 6030 which takes approx 1 hour / USD15.

Staff at this hotel are so courteous and professional - without fail.

All in all, I will choose this hotel without question next time I'm in Seoul

Room Tip: Stretch to an executive room...the lounge and daily cocktail hour are fabulous!

Dear Guest,

Foremost, I would like to express my appreciation for your generous feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay at our highly-appointed rooms and Executive Lounge with variety of food and drink options.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better upon your next arrival in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I travel all over the world and stay in fabulous places. The Conrad is amongst the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. The architecture of the hotel is stunning, the service impeccable and the food delicious. Loved the entire experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room looking over the River Han - the view is stunning - and extremely quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. As well, we appreciate your precious feedback of your stay with us. We are glad to hear you've enjoyed our facilities, food and the service, which is definitely our utmost priority in providing our guests with true relaxation.

We look forward to greeting you back in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a week and would have moved in if we could. The hotel is beautiful - it's only a year old and feels brand new and spotlessly clean. We stayed in a club room, which I recommend if you can swing it, because the included breakfast is fantastic and will fill you up for hours if you let it. The club lounge stands out too. It's a quiet and nice space with lots of windows and terrific views of downtown Seoul and the Han River.

What makes the hotel stand out the most though is the staff - particularly the staff in the club lounge, whom we interacted with the most. A special shout out to Cindy Song at the front desk for being so incredibly helpful, and though I hesitate to name names in the Club lounge because I can't remember them all, and each was as terrific as the next, I would like to say that Sophie and Jenny and Sieung (spelling?) and really just everyone was 100% great. We really enjoyed talking with them about Seoul and life and they always went above and beyond with suggestions and guidance around the city.

We loved the location of the Conrad...in Yeouido, with beautiful Yeouido Park right across the street. Also, if you visit in the cooler months, you can reach the spotlessly clean metro through the mall connected to the hotel and you don't need to walk outside.

The Conrad Seoul is one of the overall best hotels we've stayed in, and Seoul is a new favorite city.

Dear guest,

First of all, we truly appreciate your precious feedback of your stay with your partner. As well, we're happy to hear you've enjoyed the sumptuous breakfast buffet and the view overlooking the Seoul city from the Executive Lounge. Thank you for acknowledging our staffs, as our utmost responsibility is to make our guests feel like there is no other place like Conrad and to provide more experiences of Seoul.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a week. The rooms were magnificent. Clean, well appointed, lighting systems that were easy to understand and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was a delight - tub that overlooked the sky, a large walk in shower that had room for two.
Room service was prompt but I loved the Executive Lounge on the 37th floor. Impressive views across the river and the sea of construction cranes everywhere. Breakfast was very varied - Korean and Western.
Plenty of well trained staff to look after your every need. I had buffet lunch in the 2 nd floor restaurant on a couple of occasions. Excellent food and a wide variety.
The Spa and health club were outstanding including a 25m pool and golf practice tees with video screens having you looking at a real fairway.
If I had to find a fault it was that the elevators took a long time to arrive and the doors stayed open too long on each floor -although they responded quickly to the "close door" button
The three levels of shops in the basement mall had all the names you can expect to see around the world but it was bright and cheerful. Lots of restaurants made it easy to find variety.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river and northern part of the city.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We are glad to find you have enjoyed your stay at our up-to-date technology room, not to mention the comfortable bedding. Also, we are glad to hear you've enjoyed many of our facilities, offering diverse experiences.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you.