“Strategic Location in between Namsam Tower and Myeong Dong shopping District” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guesthouse The Hill

Guesthouse The Hill
Ranked #22 of 913 Seoul B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Strategic Location in between Namsam Tower and Myeong Dong shopping District”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stay in this guesthouse for 2 nights.

Owner is able to speak fluent English and he help me to locate my hotel in Gangnam on my last day of my stayed there.

A conducive guesthouse with a nice security guard to watch over the night with CCTV installation.

Best place for late night shoppers who plan to shop till all stores closes in Myeong Dong.

Provide necessarily kitchen utilities to cook if you plan to cook your home cook meal for breakfast.

(Oven, Microwave, electric cooker, Toaster)

Room and toilets was well maintain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The guesthouse is located near Myeongdong Station, which makes it a very strategic place if one wants to explore Seoul. There are also a lot of convenient stores and affordable restaurants offering delicious Korean dishes (mostly operate until late at night) so one would never go hungry. Rooms are clean, quiet and cozy. Finally, the owner, Kidae, is very helpful and accomodating, and will do his very best to answer your questions / cater to your requests.

PS: The road to the guesthouse is quite steep, but please don't get discouraged by it. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed in a single room with an additional bed. to be fair, once the additional bed is laid out, there isn't much room to walk but i'm okay with that. the room and the toilet is very clean. if i have to nitpick, it would be the lack of space.

location wise, it is just opposite myeongdong. clear instructions were given on the website and i found the place rather quickly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Me and my gfs stayed at The Hill for 5 mights in the trip room. It my first time staying at the guesthouse. Location is near Myeongdong Metro station. Mr. Kidae is extremely accomodating and friendly, Provided us with information and discount coupon when we told him we are going to Lotte World, helps us with our luaggage. Room is clean and cosy, we had a great time, definately stay there again when we are going to Seoul.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

It was easy to get to the guesthouse from the airport. Since we had a lot of luggage we opted to get there by bus 6015 from Incheon airport right outside Gate 5 in the Arrival Area. Bus 6015's last stop was at Sejong Hotel which is already a walking distance to to the guesthouse. When we got to the guest house, the owner, Mr. Kidae, was waiting for us. He was so kind to let us leave our things since our room was not ready yet. When we came back after a long day of sightseeing we already found our bags to be in our room in the 3rd floor.

The room was so cozy. The floors are heated so the room remains warm in spite of the winter cold, the bathroom although small was warm and the sheets are soft and comfortable. The triple room was just enough for us and it was exactly how it looked like in the picture.

The location of the guesthouse was very convenient. There is a ministop convenience store just downhill where we usually buy noodles or drinks after a long day, myeongdong is 10minutes walk, namsan cable car is also just a few minutes walk and so is namdaemum market. Our trip ended up in an a never-evending shopping spree especially that myeongdong was just so near.

Mr. Kidae helped us a lot from itinerary to even booking our shuttle bus to Nami Island. He left us his number just in case we get lost or we needed his help. Also, breakfast was good. We had toast with peanut butter and jam with coffee and orange juice.

All in all, I highly recommend this place. You'll surely feel like home here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Feebeebacs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at the Guesthouse for 7 days and 6 nights with my mom & bro in the triple room and it was the best trip I've had so far. When we arrived in the morning, the room wasn't ready yet so I asked Mr Kidae if I'm able to leave my luggages first & roam around the city, and of course he said yes. Took a taxi but the taxi driver didn't know the exact location of the guesthouse, so I called Mr Kidae and he conversed with the taxi driver on how to get to there.
Once we arrived abt 11am, Mr Kidae was waiting for us outside and helped us with the luggages. Since the room wasn't ready, we went out till abt 1 plus and came back to check in. He gave us the room and shoe locker keys, wifi password and how to operate the main door of the guesthouse. Our room was on the third floor and he helped to carry our ridiculously heavy luggages up the stairs. Even on the last day. 정말로 고마워용 ~~

The floors of the room and bathroom are heated, so it definitely helped in the winter cold. There is no separate toilet and shower, so just place your clothes and towels in the cupboard provided in the bathroom. Do note that the towels provided are hand & hair towels, so fussy travellers, be warned. There is one pillow and one comforter provided per person. The thick comforter was really comfy and it's probably why I couldn't get up in the morning.
Breakfast was a spread of bread, butter, jam, orange juice, tea and coffee but I didn't get up for breakfast at all for the 7 days since I was completely fast asleep. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Anything that you might need help with, Mr Kidae will be there to help you. When he's not in, there's a phone and a note stating his number. On one of the nights, I needed a new plastic bag as the trash bag in my room was already full, so I called him using the phone and he directed me on where to get the plastic bag. When I wanted to get to certain place, he advised me on how to get there and gave me a copy of the Seoul Subway Station Map, explaining in detail. His parents are around sometimes to take care of the place when he's not in. They're really friendly and adorable. I spoke to them in my limited basic Korean and vice versa with their limited basic English. ㅎㅎㅎ
The location is a 5-10 minutes walk from Myeongdong Subway Station/Shopping District. There are cafes, 7-11 and restaurants around the area. Even Seoul Tower is a 5-10 minutes walk from the Guesthouse.

This is the best guesthouse that Seoul has to offer based on location, service, sleep quality, cleanliness and value for money. Mr Kidae is an awesome host to his guests and he even printed us each a picture using his photo printer on our last day there. I did not feel like leaving the guesthouse as it felt like a home to me. I'm definitely coming back to stay at Guesthouse The Hill the next time I'm in Seoul.

고마워요 기대씨! >.<

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank b2utyinspirit
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

When I lived in Guesthouse The Hill,I can feel convenience,comfort and warmth.The location is perfect.It only takes you 5-10 minutes to walk to Myeongdong.Breadfast is good.I love the orange juice very much!Mr. Kidae offerred us a lot of help and his parents are also very friendly.We had a wonderful time there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family