“An excellent option for Seoul”
Review of Grammos Hotel

Grammos Hotel
Ranked #157 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this Seoul hotel in April during the off-season when rates were reasonable. For us, the location was perfect, close to people we were visiting, with good access to the airport bus and the subway. We enjoyed walking to the Gangnam area. The Grammos is a new, luxurious hotel with staff that were friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet, with comfortable beds and pillows. The breakfast buffet was adequate with both Western and Korean options. But for most morning s we had breakfast at the Paris Bistro nearby. There are plenty coffee shops in the area and throughout Seoul. We found dining options in the area for Korean barbecue, and chicken. Pool was not open as it was too early in the season. If you are looking for a comfortable Western style hotel to recover from jet lag, then the Grammos is perfect.

There is free wifi throughout the extensive and impressive subway system. We downloaded an application to our iPhone which I highly recommend. Because of this application which even suggests which car to enter for ease of transfer, we had no problem finding our way to all the tourist attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarTor89

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything you need for a great stay!! Very clean and big rooms with all needed equipment, friendly English speaking staff, great location in Gangnam, roof top pool/lounge (very clean and cosy), fitness center, free laundry.
We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank JesperSara
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a small hotel outside the big streets of Gangnam. The location might not seem classy (the street is very narrow and not that nice), but the hotel itself is to my opinion excellent. Very small lobby, extremely helpful staff. I've stayed in an executive room and it was spotless. Nice bed. Excellent amenities. Quiet. The view was not nice, but that was not a problem for me. Very good value for money. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gimalleo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend while visiting a friend in June. We loved this hotel, very hi-tec which is to be expected in Seoul. Staff were very courteous. The room was very spacious although a little dark and the swimming pool on the roof was a bonus. We loved this hotel and will definitely be back when we visit Seoul again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George P
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed in grammos for two nights in June 14. It is 5 mins walk from yeoskam station, only one stop to gangam station, so location is very good. Lobby is small but bright and lovely lighting. Room was a comfortable size for the two of us. Bed really comfy. The toilet was tiny , with a separate shower which was great. We didn't eat or make use of pool or bar in the hotel, but overall we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabrina280980
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Spent four nights here while on business in Seoul. It is an easy walk from the Renaissance stop for the KAL airport bus. I was worried about finding it since I knew it was on a side street, but it has a nice bright sign at the top and is easy to find.

Reception had my room waiting since I arrived on an evening flight from North America.

There are 6 rooms on each floor on floors 2-11. I stayed in 506. If you care about a view, this is probably not the hotel for you. I had a view of the space between buildings. But I didn't book it for the view so I didn't care.

The bed was very comfortable. My only other experiences in Asia were in china whee the beds are concrete. This bed was very nice and there were plenty of comfortable pillows.

The shower was great, and tall with lots of hot water.

The only time I had a problem it was fixed quickly. The safe had malfunctioned with my things in it. Using the two words of korean i knew and lots of hand signals, I got the housekeeper to come in and see the problem. She called the front desk and a person was there quickly with a master key to open it. They suggested I reset the password. I thanked them and didn't lock the safe again.

The nearby convenience stores had plenty of items to grab that could be put in the refrigerator in the room.

The walk to Yeoksam station on line 2 is an easy one.

If I were to return for business I would gladly stay here as it is nicely kept and professional. I'm not wholly sure I would stay here for tourism as it is not close to the general tourist sites, but if you are looking to save money and willing to us the metro, it could be a good value compared to costs in central Seoul.

Room Tip: Rooms ending 1-3 face the street if you need to have a "view"
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidG2010
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We just spent six nights here at this Hotel and would confidently recommend it to future travellers. Our decision to stay at Hotel Grammos was based initially on its location as it suited us with family not too far away and the second being the favourable reviews it had received. Upon cehck-in we were warmly greeted, despite language barriers. As english speaking New Zealanders our Korean was nil but staff all communicated well with us and we appreciate 'their efforts. The room was a delight, (we chose the Deluxe Room for 3, all adults). The facilities were great and the room very well appointed. The Restaurant we only used for breakfast on a few occasions and thoroughly enjoyed the range of goodies available as they catered for most. There is also a p\rooftop pool facility which was great to lounge around and enjoy a few beers. The pool was not available at the time as it was being prepared for opening on May 1st. The Manager Mr. Brian Lee made himself known and we enjoyed a number of friendly chats with him. He certainly has e great team with him, which is probably a reflection of his manor. There are many hotels that would benefit with a lesson in hospitality if they stayed here. Very handy to the hotel was a place called Paris Baguette which we also frequented, a 711 store which was well stocked and only metres away and a street food stall just down the road cooking beautiful prawns and other delights. Both buses and subway were very close or taxis are very cost effective.

Room Tip: Only saw our room but there are some very good options here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends