“Great hotel. Excellent location. Even better customer service”

Hotel ShinShin Myeongdong
Ranked #24 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels we have stayed. Needles to see more.
Three minute walk from subway station, five minute walk from city hall and from the bus stop to/from the airport.
Clean rooms, excellent staff and the lady who serves as deputy manager is by far one the most professional hotel staff I have ever met. She will make sure the hotel does it right no matter what.
There is a hotel being built next door but we were mot bother by any construction noise.
Two convenience stores within 150 meters. Lots of restaurants nearby.
The rooms are not big but we did not feel cramped by any means.
Great boutique hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Tripadvfan12
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at Hotel ShinShin Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind valuable feedback after staying at our hotel.
Your praise points are highly appreciated and we are always striving on providing the best service for our guests.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

There's a large lobby/waiting area, and it's one floor down - you can either take the stairs or an elevator (for those who have large luggage). The staff are very friendly, very helpful, and very accomodating. They speak English so well! The dine hall is in the front, but we didn't have time to dine there. The door locks, & light switches are very high-tech. You can even heat the floor! The rooms are a goldilocks-sized: not too big and not too small, just right. The bathroom is an okay size, but the toilet's controls are in Korean! We stayed on the 2nd floor, room 205, and all we had was a view of the dine hall (I think there are six floors though?). Location is great - just walking distance from shopping! And it's near the subway :)

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank giancarlaRN
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at Hotel ShinShin Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014

"More than expectation!!!". I chose Shin Shin mainly because it's a new hotel located around Myeong-dong (which is the center of any other interesting zone) and has a very nice decoration. However, once I arrived at the hotel another advantage of this hotel is the Staff!! All of the staffs I met can speak english fluently and very helpful. Furthermore, this hotel located just next to the airport bus stop, ie. Namdeamun market stop for bus no. 6015 and 6001, so you will reach Shin shin just only in a few step! Overall, me and my friends were very impressed! Thus, I shall say "the hotel offered more than my expectation!". This hotel is definitely my first choice whenever I visit korea again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jpum

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for work. It is a modern functional hotel which is well located in downtown Seoul. It is also good value for money for what it is. One thing to bear in mind are that it seems to be not so well-known so my taxi driver had some trouble finding it late at night (and it is on a side street). The reception is actually on the opposite side of a small alley to the main hotel. Breakfast is small but good in a small restaurant. I had some fun with the toilet which flushes from a control pad on the wall ahead of you not on the actual toilet...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank martinpathan
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at Hotel ShinShin Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Reviewed 11 April 2014

First stop on our honeymoon! Wonderful staff, English speaking, and very eager to please. The hotel is centrally located and the reception always gave good tips around the area. The bus to the airport is just around the corner. Great value for money!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ines D
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at Hotel ShinShin Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I want to apologize in advance to the wonderful staff that work here.
They were very polite and well-mannered, spoke excellent English.
I almost wrote a 5 star review upon checkin because I was so surprised.

Then I had my first night.
I found a note apologizing in advance saying that there would be construction starting at 8:00 in the morning. Fair enough, it isn't under the hotels control.
However, construction on both mornings started right before 7:30.
I am a very light sleeper and this destroyed my entire trip. Not only the construction.

Drunk people would walk by talking loud at night.
I could hear everything they said: if a pin dropped I would probably hear it.

It is apparent that the owners of the hotel skimped on the building materials.
It is unacceptable the noise level.
The blinds in the room also broke and were impossible to shut so I had blinding light in the room in the morning.

In summary, I feel obligated to make this post easy for others to see, so that for people who rely on a good nights sleep to be aware.

Again, staff thank you for your wonderful hospitality, you are great. But I'm sorry your owner chose cheap materials for the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a deep sleeper and aren't woken up easily I highly recommend this hotel as good value...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank NietzscheWorld
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at Hotel ShinShin Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind valuable feedback after staying at our hotel.

Your praise and criticism points are highly appreciated and we are always striving on providing

the best service for our guests.

Your valauble complaints will have been reviewed.

Actually, current construction is on progress and the frame construction is schedulled to finish

soon. Once again, I would like to apologize for all inconvenience you had while your staying.

We would like to have a chance to make up for with satisfactory service next time.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The best thing about Shinshin is probably the location. Pretty much in the center of the most visited attractions in Seoul makes it a good base camp for exploring this vast city. Namdaemun market area is just 5 minutes walk away as well as the City Hall with access to efficient metro system. The taxis do not generally know the place by it's name, so keep the hotel card with you. Please be aware that as of late March 2014 there is a big building site right next to the hotel and the noise can be annoying if you tend to sleep past 7.30 am. In our case this was particular so, since our room was in the annex building and facing the site. Be also aware, that there is a restaurant street with a good selection of eateries including Korean BBQ just around the corner on the way towards the City Hall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple