“great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
wales
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed for four nights and found the location ideal. Hotel is of a very good standard with large well equipped apartment style rooms. Very good value for money and would stay there again. Paid about 100 pounds a night including breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FraserplaceNamdaemun, Executive Office at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed with us.
We are exciting to see you again on your next visit.

Jay Suh / Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The new Fraser Place Namdaemun is just a few minutes' walk away from attractions such as Namdaemun, Myeongdong, and Chonggyecheon. The rooms were spacious and airy, had great views, and were comfortably furnished with serviced apartment amenities. Internet was fast, free, and password-secured. My only gripe, if I were to nitpick, would be that the sheets were scratchy.

Staff all spoke English well and we had no problems getting a late checkout on one of our rooms so we could go shopping before an evening flight. It's the little touches, like greeting every guest that walks past and helping us with wet umbrellas, that impressed me. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank hazynite
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed at Fraser Place Namdaemun for 10 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. These are serviced apartments which means you have a large room that can be divided into two for privacy if needed. The room comes with a full sized refrigerator, two burner cook-top, microwave, rice cooker and hot-pot. The location is a short walk to City Hall station and about 20 minutes walk to Seoul Station. The service of the hotel is excellent and my rate included a full breakfast which was very good. During our stay we had a medical emergency, the hotel exceeded my expectations in terms of assisting us during the emergency and afterward helped us with assist devices. I would not recommend the restaurant, there are dozens of very good Korean restaurants nearby and if you are hankering for a Western meal, try Outback steakhouse just down the road.

Room Tip: If you want to pay extra for a room on the high floors, make sure it is facing the Namdaemun gate...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tradition_rider
We are glad that you enjoyed with us for 10 nights.
We've kept training our staff members for emergency situation.
Thank you again and We hope see you near future.

Shenzhen, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I selected this hotel because relative cheap and good place. However, it turned out that I made terrible mistake that I select this hotel.

The hotel has big problem on electricity system for light. When I sleep, the light just turned on automatically quite often and I couldn't sleep at all. (Can you imagine that all light turn on suddenly when you are sleep?)

So, they changed the room, but it has same problem so, changed again but problem again. Can you believe it?

Finally, I asked them to shutdown the electricity for light. I don't know when they can fix this problem, but I recommend not to stay in this hotel. This is systematical problem. (Engineer told me that many rooms have problem and they are trying to figure it out the root cause)

I wanted to complain this to their head quarter, but even I couldn't find any email or contact number for customer care. But, I could see that trip adviser awarded Fraser as certificate of excellence traveller's choice. - This is shame. The way they handle this problem is totally NOT professional. They sent engineer 2 times even though engineers knows that there is nothing that they can do.

Room Tip: If you want to stay this hotel, you should check whether they fixed this problem or not. Otherwise...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dwkim
We first apologize for your inconvenience. After you left, we found the reason of lighting problem which was a sensor and fixed it. We appreciate your review.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Pros: loved the location, being just across the road from Namdaemun market and about 10min walk from Myeongdng. The rooms were modern, airy and bright with large windows. It was a comfortable space and the bed was so comfy I overslept on day 1.

Internet connections are fast and free - important given that some hotels today still insist on charging for what should be now a standard fixture in any room. Service was good. It was spotty in some areas but the staff try hard and will work to assist you.

I came in at 4pm and lugged my luggage up only to realise they were still making up the room. Staff apologised for the oversight and stored my luggage while I went out to explore Namdaemun. I also asked to change my room to face the newly rebuilt Sungnyemun and the staff made the change. So I had terrific views - one facing the city lights of Namdaemun and Myeongdong and the other, the glorious floodlit Sungnyemin on its traffic island with cars swirling around. Beautiful views both day and night!

On the day I left, I requested for a late check-out since my flight was at 7pm. I came back later than expected and bumped my extension but staff did not raise an issue at all. There was a demonstration going on that day and the roads were blocked. I could not get the usual airport limousine since that stretch of road was closed and not passable to traffic. The hotel staff called a cab for me to take me to another nearby hotel where I could catch a different airport limousine, skipping the affected areas.

Cons: Would have been better if the airport limousine stop at Namdaemun Market had been nearer the hotel. I hauled luggage over more than 400m of uneven pavement and potholes before reaching the hotel. If you're just coming in and your luggage is light, this is not a problem. But if you were carrying a lot of luggage, then it is. Hotel should consider either providing a direct airport shuttle or arranging a shuttle to the nearest, most convenient airport limousine stop instead of letting its guests trudge to and fro with luggage.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank chongbrood
FraserplaceNamdaemun, Executive Office at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed yoyr stay with us.
Please understand that Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul is trying to work on your convenience.
We apologize for your inconvenience on arrival and leaving transportation.
Until we get the direct transporation line, We will get the best alternative way for your guest.
Thanks again and We hope see you soon near future.

Jay suh / Resident Manager
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids stayed at Fraser Place Namdaemun just before and just after the Grand opening, both times in a Premier room. The apartments are spacious and very thoughtfully done up with tonnes of storage space. Bathroom is also spacious. The kitchenette is great with a large fridge and freezer! Location-wise, we couldn't have asked for more. Its is literally next to the Namdaemun gate which makes the Namdaemun market round the corner. It's a 10 minute walk to Myeongdong, 5 minute walk to the City Hall subway, 10 minute walk to the gates of Gyengbokgung palace. Even Insadong is about a 15 minute walk away. Front desk service was fantastic with their advice. All in all, a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit.

The only minuses I can think of are:-

1. it would be nice if the rooms could have a washer and dryer;
2. it's a new place so on the few occasions that we took a taxi, every taxi driver did not know the location and could not exactly locate the place even with the address in Korean! and
3. the sofa bed was not too comfortable so I would not recommend the room for more than 2 people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Trumommy
FraserplaceNamdaemun, Executive Office at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you liked our facilities and service.
We keep working with taxi drivers and now most of taxi drivers should know the Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul around the Namdaemun Gate.
We apologize your difficulty to find the right location.
We hope that we can see you near future.
Thanks & best regards,

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at fraser place namdaemun right around the grand opening . It was a perfect stay . Everything brand new , crisp and clean. The room was more than enough for the two of us and I think it would even fit 3 ppl comfortably with the pull out sofa in the living room area . We got the deluxe room which did not have a kitchenette ( since we were only staying for a short while) but they do have rooms with kitchens and larger living rooms and even a dining area ! Also very convenient for transportation ! The subway is 3 min walk away and the airport shuttle is right around the corner as well which is much better than catching expensive taxis from incheon to seoul center . Only 10,000 which is roughly just over $9.00! The bathroom had a ceiling rain shower and an awesome bidet :-) the people working at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful .. They were fabulous in every way as well as the doorman who was very attentive . I would not hesitate to stay here again ... It was a great stay

To top it all off , since we were there for the grand opening , I was able to participate in a raffle . My mother won a coffee mug and me , well I won a free night for when we return to seoul !!!!! (Which is quite often - 2-3 times a year) How awesome is that ?!

Ps you can walk to namdaemun and myeongdong is right around the corner too ! Walk straight up the main road and you'll end up at the palace !

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank solodl
FraserplaceNamdaemun, 매니저 at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for your review. You had a enjoyful stay during our Grand Opening period.
Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul never stop working for our guests' convenience.
Thanks