“Reasonable Hotel”
Review of Ramada Seoul Hotel

Ramada Seoul Hotel
Ranked #331 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've spent one night there, in an Executive Room.
Pro:
- good location
- spacious room
- polite English-speaking staff (front desk)
- buffet breakfast with good selection (including Chef for preparing fresh eggs)

Con:
- no power outlets near the bed (hint: look behind the curtain, but you have to unplug the lamp)
- some lights are really difficult to turn off (I've spent more than 5 minutes searching for the switch. Hint: use the panel near the bed, the one with the aircon controls on it)
- ordering something from the a-la-carte menu took way longer than expected, but we were informed in advance
- problems with the IT system at check-in, they asked us to wait for 5 more minutes
- no help with the luggage (not at the entrance nor afterwards)

Overall I consider that the hotel is overpriced for the actual level of quality and services. I would probably use it again only for short trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our family stayed here on the 19th September 2013 for only one night with a late check out,it should have been a early one,We arrived at 2:30pm and after taking our luggage out of the taxi we hauled our own baggage while the porter with the cow boy hat smiled as he sat at the out door porters desk,a sign of things to come "I thought at that moment"!.As we approached the front desk/reception with our luggage being towed by us the receptionist asked do you need help with your luggage?,I turned to my wife and we both laughed at the same time.The receptionist asked its nice to see friendly people so happy.My wife speaks Korean and quickly replied to her we are laughing because you asked us if we needed help while the porter out side sat on he's bottom and smiled at us and did not even bother to ask nor attempted to assist,what a joke she told the receptionist.Her smile quickly turned to a red faced and apolagised.

After checking in we again hauled our luggage up to our room on the ninth floor with no assistance,I guess she was to embarrassed to ask us.Once in our room we took a quick look around the room and was simply shocked at the condition the room was in,mould in the bath room bath tub around the tilling and the grouted areas stains on the carpet and a folder way bed which was for our child that had a torn up bed head and un kept bed sheeting.The room was also dusty which needed a once over from us.Lucky my wife carried a can of dettol antiseptic spray.I guess the 50% of the room price which made us book the hotel room justified why the hotel was in such a des array,at $130:00 US plus taxes and charges - $167:00 US this deal was not a good one at all.

Any way after changing we decided to head out to town and have lunch at the out back steak house in the Coex complex/Hotel and then visit the Coex Aquirium,which was great for our child.We then came back to the hotel and freshened up and decided to have dinner at the hotels restaurant ,called Statio. We arrived at 8:30pm just after the rush and was seated down by the host.We waited 15 minutes before I had to flag down a waiter that gave us our menu,and asked us hope you day has been pleasant?, he then asked if we'd like the beverage menu which we ordered water and soft drinks and a beer for myself.after deciding we called our waiter to take our order which he did and proceeded to set our table.20 minutes had past and he came back and said "Sorry sir the late supper menu is now only available and what you ordered can ot be served!,I replied ok why did it take so long for you t tell us?,. he replied by saying I was only told by the chef just now.After taking our order for the second time he then came back 15 minutes later and stated what we ordered was unavailable and pointed to me only five of the 12 dishes were available. I asked him is this a joke and told him we've been here almost one and half hrs and you tell us this now "this is simply not acceptable and told him we are not happy at all.after 15 more minutes we were still waiting and my child pointed out "Dad how big does cock roaches grow? I asked why and she replied by saying look n the wall it's huge.My wife jumped and said that's it I'm out I'm out of here,so we just ot up and told the manager what we thought and walked out she was stunned by what she saw and what the kitchen had done with our order and she said she will make a note of it and tell the duty manager.We then decided to catch a taxi to the nearest MacDonald's where we had our dinner instead.Our experience at the Ramada Seoul Hotel was truly unforgettable and recommend only if you are desprite then please do stay at your own will.Never again will I stay at any Ramada Hotel.The service is poor the facilities at this particular hotel were sub standard and not worthy of your hard earned money.DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Oh one more thing the pool was only for men ,not family oriented at all.

Room Tip: Park facing hotel room had a great view the only positive thing about this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fredrick V
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed there 1 night before flying off to Jeju. First impression of the hotel is this hotel is outdated and need major upgrade. We were a little bit lucky to stay in one of slightly renovated room ie. with upgraded dressing table. Hotel provides free wifi. There are 2 convenient shops within walking distance and many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nites with aeound 50's office colleagues in September 2005 (sorry for belated reviews). As it was my 1st time to go abroad, for me the hotel is very good to stay. It is very clean and the staffs are friendly to serve many of us. We did not spend a lot time in the hotel as all days we went to go outside for sightseeings and we had good sleep every nites there. No problem so far we found. Its just the location is not near to public transportation stations or terminals but it is not a problem for ppl like us who already utilize a local tour to arrange our transportations.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What a boring hotel? Limited restaurant near by, far away from downtown, there is near subway but a long distance walking inside and has 2 connectings before going to main city.No breakfast included and if you want,it's so expensive. If you are a tourist I don't recommend this hotel because you bothering where to eat and @ the end of the day you always worrying how far you will go back again to your hotel.For us,it's a waste of time. I suggest better find a hotel nearby myeong dong,isandong or itaewon vicinity!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel has some good things about it, but there are a lot of frustrations. The webpage was outdated and didn't include the important information that a new subway stop is right outside the hotel. I found this out only after I'd dragged my suitcase up a hill in the Seoul summer. There are insufficient outlets at the desk (I had to unplug the lamp to plug in my laptop). Most frustrating are that simple things are difficult. I had to have the staff come up to my room to set up the wifi (the instructions stated I needed a cable) and to turn out the lights (there is a master control button panel hidden among the other buttons for radio, wakeup calls, etc. The rooms are not that well sound-proofed. I could hear my neighbors arguing--kept me awake. All in all, it is a nice hotel but the management could do a better job of providing clear instructions about how to get there, how to use the wifi, and so forth.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have been there twice for about 10 days, maybe the prices are reasonable against the services however I had few big problem with Internet connection that even after several time follow up by hotel stuff they couldn't find any solution so it was a big problem for me, another problem was about room cleaning of the room that sometimes annoyed me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seoul
Ramada Songdo Hotel
#160 of 552 in Seoul
Hotel Artnouveau Yeoksam
Hotel Artnouveau Yeoksam
#184 of 552 in Seoul

Been to Ramada Seoul Hotel? Share your experiences!