“Can't fault the property”
Review of Mayfield Hotel

Mayfield Hotel
Ranked #125 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We chose the Mayfield based on meetings with our supplier and it was perfect for that purpose. Service was first rate, friendly and knowledgeable. We were upgraded to the Suites (thank you!) and the rooms were clean, well appointed and extremely comfortable. The grounds were well kept and thoughtfully laid out. We dined in the breakfast restaurant (a lovely buffet) and the Italian restaurant (above average food but with the price tag you would expect of a resort restaurant). The only negative for us was the surrounding area. We like to walk and experience the local area wherever we stay but there was nothing, absolutely nothing - its all high rise residential and freeways but.... we were only here for meetings so it was still the best option for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PrincessInTransit

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was my first time in Seoul, so I cannot compare the Mayfield to any others there, but I will say that the operations of the hotel were top-notch. From the ability to take the KAL Limousine Bus from Incheon directly to the front door of the hotel, the efficiency of the staff with my baggage to the incredibly courteous demeanor of every staff member, I felt very well taken care of during my stay. At one point, I had lost a black folder in the cafe and asked the front desk about it. They had not seen it, so they said they would keep an eye out for it. When I left, it was waiting for me. I was ecstatic. As for the room itself (standard room), it had everything I needed and more: comfortable beds, a kettle, slippers, robe, various toiletries, a scale and a working television. However, the room was ultimately small and boring and not very fun to be in. The HVAC unit was hard to control and the wi-fi did not work well at all, and I had trouble connecting using the USB cable. This can definitely cramp your stay if you are a business traveler or like to surf the web. One thing to watch out for is the door, which, if you open it too wide, will not close on its own. I came home one night to find it wide open, although nothing was taken. In terms of transport, the shuttle to Lotte Mall is perfect to grab the metro (the stop is underground in front of the mall, you have to look for it), it takes forever (about 1.5 hours) to get into the city center this way, so the thought of going into town after working all day was daunting. As for the food, I had an unforgettable dinner one night in the traditional house next door while the breakfast is simply beautiful, taken in a room with sweeping views of the gardens, great lighting and tasty selections. I would have given this hotel five stars if the furnishings and connectivity of the rooms were better, but I cannot fault the Mayfield for its service and smooth operations.

Room Tip: It may be worth splurging for an upgraded room; they may have more space and make your stay more com...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Seoul so I had nothing to base my assumptions on. Our distributor recommended this hotel. It's around a 20min taxi rude from the airport.
When I arrived the dourman, concierge and reception staff were all very friendly.
The room was very tidy clean and in good order. The hotel gas a number on in house restaurant ranging from Chinese to Italian and if course Korean. The food is excellent. I'd recommend the Korean buffet amt around £35 a head.
The bar by main reception is large, and while being open plan with reception, offers a great space just to sit and relax.
The bar staff were always attentive and immaculately dressed.
If you are venturing into Seoul on your own, I would suggest getting the free bums to the domestic airport followed by a train and tube ride. Car traffic in Seoul is a a nightmare so a cab will cost you over £70!!!
Would I stay here again? Yes.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Mayfield is an older property. The rooms are older, with limited modern amenities. It does have everything (gas masks, fire extinguisher...) you might need in an emergency. The hotel itself is in a park-like setting. The trees and gardens are beautiful. Some of the golf and pool areas are first-rate. The breakfast area is great...the lounge area is older. There are some traditional Korean buildings on the property -- as well as some reproductions of Greek and Roman art sculptures. It's an interesting hotel -- trying to cater to local business executives (golf), business travelers, honeymooners, etc.

Room Tip: I suspect most of the rooms have 1980s updates. They're not large, but you might ask for one wi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GlobalAirlineExec
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Used this hotel while on business in Seoul, near the Bucheon area. Very well kept hotel, large comfortable rooms. Excellent breakfast buffet ith plenty of choice and good quality, both western and Asian.

Although there are several restaraunt's on the complex, we took the free shuttle bus over to he Lotte Mall, where there is a wide range of restaraunt.

Overall very good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you are flying in and out of Kimpo Airport at an inconvenient time, then this place is OK for a single overnight stay.... but there is not much around and it is very quiet.

There is nothing wrong with the Hotel. In fact, the staff are great, the rooms were very clean, the in room service food was really good (more on that later) and the breakfast buffet had more than sufficient selection and good quality food.

I had in room service for dinner and it did take 3 people on the phone to cross check my order as their English was not the best. They kept on passing the phone over to other people for me to repeat my order. I ordered the Fillet of Beef and just wanted to know if that came with salad, vegetables, or french fries.... at the end I got the Fillet of Beef, with salad, vegetables and french fries. The quality of the food and cooking was really good though, so I wasn't left disappointed.

After dinner, I wanted to get a break from the room and I went to the bar on B1 for a drink, but it was shut and it was only 9pm. Choices were limited as there is nowhere when easy walking distance, so decided to give it a miss.

I had caught the KAL Limousine bus from Incheon Airport to the Hotel. Please note although the hotel is listed as one of the few stops the bus makes, you have to tell the bus driver or else they will not go into the hotel grounds to drop you off. I ended up at the KAL staff car park being the last one on the bus apart from the fairly perplexed looking driver starring me wondering why there was a Caucasian guy still sitting on his bus!

To finish off on a positive comment, the price was just ok, but it did include buffet breakfast and internet, which I always like to be included in any hotel room stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Warren-Watson
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very large suites with a minimalist theme. Heated hardwood floors. Full kitchen with washer, dryer and large refrigerator. Two flat screens and very large dressing room. Good restaurants on site and I main hotel. Rooms in main are regular rooms and suites are in separate annex with indoor swimming pools and fitness gym. There is a par three golf course and driving range as we'll. lovely large grounds with walking trails. Nice plants and flowers if you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed: October 2013