“METRO HOTEL, Myeongdong, Seoul”
Review of Metro Hotel

Metro Hotel
Ranked #12 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“METRO HOTEL, Myeongdong, Seoul”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

METRO HOTEL is an excellent hotel. Situated in the city centre of Seoul, in the Myeongdong district, nearby Namdaemun Market, several old Palaces and tempels, the Cheonggyeocheon Stream and a lot of other interesting places. And subway Line nr. 2 is "on the corner" (only 1 minute walk), so you can get very quick to other parts of Seoul. I already stayed several times in METRO HOTEL. The hotel is very comfortabel and the staff is very friendly, helpful and speaks very well the English language. The rooms are well cleaned, the roomrate is reasonable and is including breakfast. My favorit hotel when I stay in Seoul. I can recommend METRO HOTEL to everybody!!!.

Room Tip: There is a small fitness centre, but I didn't used that so I can't give a rating. There is...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Petrus45
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear Guest.
We appreciate your staying at Metro hotel. We will keep the good work to keep being your favorite hotel in Seoul. Only one little correction, we do not have a fitness center.
All of us at Metro hotel will look forward to seeing you again soon in the future.
Thank you again for your time to write the review.

Sky Song

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in mid July and early August for a total of 6 nights. It is just a 2-min walk to the subway station. Staff (esp. Miss Aeri) are very polite and helpful. Breakfast is simple but nice. I stayed in a deluxe room. It was very spacious and comfortable. I will definitely choose to stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank alicelausy
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear alicelausy,
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing a review on the Tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our room, breakfast and our location. Thank you for remembering our staff . It is great that you had a chance to meet Ms.Aeri from our front desk.
All of us will look forward to seeing you again at Metro hotel in the future. We once again appreciate your time to write a review.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

I was not able to stay here due to the typhoon coming in but there were wonderful and helpful via email and fully refunded me because of the weather. Next time I go to Korea I will definitely stay here

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank jenzo15
Dear jenzo15,

Thank you for your time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
We are sorry to hear that the weather affected your trip to Seoul.
We follow our own cancellation policy which includes full refund OR clearing your credit card guarantee for cancellation that is caused by weather condition(documents from airline company may required). We hope you didn't get any damage due to the weather besides your trip.
Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you next time.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews of this hotel
No wonder so many people write positive reviews about the Metro hotel, it was a pleasure to stay there for 2 nights.
Reasonable room standards at a very good price, good breakfast and above all best location.Service is also very good.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Doron S
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I chose this hotel for its location and price and was happy with my choice. I stayed with my spouse, in Standard A room for 4 nights late June and Standard B for 3 nights in July. Both rooms, though small, (but expected) were clean and the bed comfortable and both located on the 8th floor which was convenient to 7th floor laundry (so good to be able to use washer and dryer instead of hand washing in bathroom sink) and 9th floor restaurant. Therefore, used stairs to go to laundry and to breakfast. The staff were all very helpful - doormen, reception, housekeeping, and restaurant... the free wifi connection in our room was good and used frequently... breakfast was fresh and with good variety and Asian comfort foods served ;). The fresh yogurt was great too! Loved the hotel location most of all at Myeong-dong and one block to metro which we used daily. From Incheon we caught the AREX into Seoul (due to late arrival... missed last bus) and Bus 6015 outside Ibis Hotel to Incheon... both doable for us senior citizens. My only complaint is the 9th floor landing of the stairwell looked like it had not been cleaned for a long time! Guess not too many people use the stairs to access the restaurant... even so, I still highly recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LouC1965
Sydney
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Great location, literally 30 seconds from a train station, 5mins to Myeong Dong district where lots of shopping and restaurants are located. Clean and very polite and helpful staff. Buffet breakfast is not flash but is basic and good for the price you pay per room. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annalise S
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I picked the hotel based on others' favourable reviews. Great location and service. The girls at the reception is definitely a winning team for the hotel. It would have been perfect if the management could send the girls for some advance English classes to get them to be more fluent and much more able to help English speaking hotel guests. I wish to highlight one point for the benefit of future travelers is that the hotel only accepts credit card. In view of the problems with credit card fraud, I prefer to use cash at unfamiliar environment. Therefore I had converted my money into Won to pay for my rooms. I was a little annoyed when I found that I was left with large amount of unused Won. May I suggest that the management inform their future guests of their new credit card payment policy when they make their reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Nancy255103
skysong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Ms.Nancy255103

Hello. It is great to hear your feedback after you stayed at Metro hotel.
Thank you for sharing your review.
As you mentioned, we only accept credit card from May 2012 and its main purpose is to prevent any problems that are caused by carrying cash. I apologize that we failed to notify you more clearly during booking process eventhough we posted a notice on the reservation request form(cancellation/payment policy) on our website. We will do make sure that every guests are noticed for sure as you suggested. Thank you very much for your constructive review.
We look forward to hearing from you again.