“Best location best price”
Review of Metro Hotel

Metro Hotel
Ranked #12 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stay during their renovation ,but it is alright all quiet and peaceful.
Break fast is very good , service is excellent .
Room is superb , very very clean and comfortable. Location is fantastic for shopping and metro.
We will certainly stay here again for next trip to Seoul

2  Thank Spiderdog49
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Mr/Ms Spiderdog

Greetings from Metro hotel.
Many thanks for taking the time to share your Metro hotel experience with us.
It is a joy to read that you enjoyed our convenient location, breakfast and service that we offer here.
Thank you again for choosing Metro hotel as your home away from home in Seoul. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest regards
Sky Song

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Located right at Myongdong, this is just great for me (haha). 5 min walk from the metro line, this is just perfect when you have luggage to carry.

Though the hotel is going through renovation, we didn't feel any noise or disruption. This is mainly because the reno is done from 9am to 6pm when we were out anyway.

Newly furnished room is modern, chic and spacious. Nothing too fanciful, but it's just nice and practical.

1  Thank wdy521
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Great location with excellent customer service! Although some inconvenience during the renovations, the staff went out of their way for us. Deluxe room we were given had 2 double beds and room were a decent size.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Chose this hotel after reading the review from travelers on TA and the locations seems perfect for shopping, especially for a family holiday with kids.
Stayed here during Christmas 2013. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Hotel Manager will even go around tables during breakfast and talk to guests.
Standard room is small, cant really move around after opening my luggage. However the premium room is much bigger and nicer.
Location wise, needless to say, it's right at the footstep of Myeongdong, the most crowded street in Seoul at all time. I'd say you are paying for the convenience.
Value for money accommodation choice, for all travelers.

Room Tip: Get premium room if you are traveling with family and like to have a comfortable sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Eric L
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent location in the lively Myeongdong area, with a plethora of shops and restaurants within walking distance, and just a few steps from Euljiro 1(il)-ga subway station. The Airport Limousine bus stop is also just around the corner (next to the Ibis Hotel Myeongong).

Staff were absolutely great and made me feel at home with friends. They were all warm, very helpful and multilingual with excellent English.

The room was spacious enough, clean and comfortable, with a dedicated A/C unit. Wifi was free and fast (which is no surprise in technological Korea). The room had everything you would expect from a 4-star hotel: in-room safe, LCD TV, tea facilities, slippers, robe, toiletries… The only negative was the bathroom size, which perhaps was a little small.

Some areas of the hotel were being renovated during our stay, and the restaurant was closed. We therefore did not have the chance to try the breakfast (the hotel informed us well in advance of the renovation plans, so we were aware of this).

Metro hotel also provided us with a T-money card, which is a prepaid card used on the subway, at convenience stores and other shops around Seoul.

Overall, the hotel is great value for money, and I would highly recommend it.
I will choose Metro Hotel again for my next stay in Seoul.

Room Tip: Choose the renovated rooms, which are brighter and more modern
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maxx-Orioles
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Metro hotel is located in the lively heart of Myeongdong. It can easily be reached by airport limousine bus, one block from the stop at the Ibis hotel. There are lots of restaurants in the neighborhood. During our stay the hotel was being renovated. The hotel took the courtesy to inform us when we made our reservation. The noise might have been bothersome, but it wasn't. When my husband had a little accident in the room, the staff was very helpful. They even offered to pay for medical expenses, although the hotel was not responsible at all; it was just bad luck and it could have happened anywhere.
A very friendly place at a great location, highly recommended.

3  Thank JAB2405
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Both my hubby and I stayed at Metro Hotel from 11 May to 17 May 2014. This is my first trip to Seoul and we decided to book and stay at Metro Hotel after some strong recommendations from colleagues and friends around us. I made a reservation online via their hotel website in early Jan 2014 cause I heard from friends that rooms are mostly fully booked if I book too last minute. Their response to your email enquiries is usually within the same working day or the next working day (depending on what time you email to them).

As the Hotel is currently under renovation (floor by floor), they emailed to me 2 weeks after I have made my booking to inform me just in case I decided to cancel my earlier booking which I am glad that I did not.

I arrived at Myeongdong on 11 May, Sunday early morning and took an aipoprt bus (6015) and alighted at the bus stop infront of Ibis Hotel, the bus journey took about 45 mins as there were not many cars on the road on an Early Sunday Morning. The Hotel is just a short walking distance from the bus stop.

There was a Security Staff standing at the hotel entrance who directed us to the hotel lobby at Level 9. The Staff at the reception greeted us with a big smile and she spoke excellent & fluent English ! We explained to her that we have just arrived on a morning flight and hardly taken any sleep on the plane. She was very nice and explained to us that the earliest the room is available was at 11am subjected to availability. We told her that was fine and we can always walk area the hotel area to have a cup of coffee and come back at 11am.

When we came back at 11am, the room was ready for us to check in and were very lucky to be allocated a brand new renovated room on the 7th floor. The room was very bright and clean (as compared to their old rooms which I have seen the photos on the internet) and the shower in the toilet was good ! Wifi is free in the hotel and the signal was quite strong within the hotel building.

The staff in the hotel were also quite responsive to our request (like how to operate the air con switch which instructions were all in Korea) and they will usually get back to you almost immediately on any queries/questions you asked them.

Breakfast is served from 7am to 10am at the small cafe on level 9 every morning, not much selection but the food was good enough to fill our tummies every morning.

As the Hotel is still under going renovation, we can hear knocking sounds starting around 8.30am every morning which was fine since we were up by then.

The location of the Hotel is excellent, there is a subway station (Uljiro 1(il)-ga Station) just 5 mins away from the hotel and the streets surrounding the Hotel have got many restaurants for us to choose from and the night market was really fun for us to shop around every night.

At the end of our trip, we were given a 30% discount voucher for our next stay at the hotel due to the inconveniences we have to put up with during the period of our stay (which to me, there were none except for the knocking sounds).

We will surely go back there again if we visit Seoul in the future !

1  Thank LCH1207