“The best ever that I have stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Vista Walkerhill Seoul - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #58 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The best ever that I have stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

W hotels Seoul Wakerhill was a dream cum true. This was during my visit to South Korea for a Board meeting , I took a day off to stay at this beautiful property. This was my first ever stay at the W Hotels and I will cherish these memories for times to come. In India as a part if it's culture and tradition one is used to a lot of pampering during your stays at hotels . I must confess W hotels beat them all. Being a stranger and a first time guest I wash for a pleasant surprise when the staff identified me and showed me the property around. It was a wow experience as the property I s so elegantly designed . And to top it all they gave me a deluxe suite facing the water body . I must confess that I never felt like leaving the room.

Room Tip: Any room is good . If you can manage to stay in one of their suites go for it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM W, General Manager at Vista Walkerhill Seoul - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Yathharth,

I am so glad that you got to enjoy your first W hotel experience at our hotel! I look forward to sharing your review with our team as they made such a positive impact. We look forward to seeing you again on your travels back to Seoul.

Vikram Mujumdar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Greater Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Whilst isolated from Seoul CBD, the rooms, aesthetics, colors, food, ambience... All are fantastic.

One of the most memorable interiors & hotel experiences in Korea.
Highly recommended.

In room food, conference facilities, customer service levels, all fabulous.

A must stay - but be wary of the distance from CBD.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello David W,

Great to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the room, food, interior decorations and the ambience. I am glad that your conference went well, and that the service levels were appreciated, and I look forward to sharing this feedback with our team.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is as cool, chic & colourful as most W hotels.

It sits on Walkerhill and there is a complimentary shuttle bus to this hotel and Sheraton Grande.

It is also very convenient for those who want to go to the Casino and Duty Free shopping as it is just within short walking distance.

The room design is typical W style - either like or dislike and i belong to the former.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ultrakenzo
GM W, General Manager at Vista Walkerhill Seoul - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear ultrakenzo,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and the W Brand!!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Odawara, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The W Seoul Walkerhill is a very nice, funky hotel and meet my needs in a lot of respects.

I had recently stayed at W Taipei, and couldn't help but compare the two and found that W Taipei was better on basically everything that mattered to me, which left me feeling a bit disappointed with W Walkerhill by comparison.

I arrived close to midnight as my flight had been delayed. The lobby area has great W design, but the pumping music was a little over the top - even for close to midnight on a Friday night. The lobby was so noisy I could barely hear the staff at check-in and had to ask for some information to be repeated (and just missed some other information entirely as I was sick of asking for it to be repeated and just wanted to get to my room and crash).

My room was upgraded to a river view which was quite nice and in general the design of the room was great. Very comfortable bed, very clean, everything worked as expected.

Indoor pool was not particularly glamorous but I was very happy to find it completely empty on Saturday late morning and enjoyed a good swim there. I tried for the spa too but it was completely booked out.

I guess they may not get many tall guests, as the lift was decorated with hanging plastic donut-shaped rings that were lit up nicely... but also bashed into my head nicely. I'm tall but not exceptionally so, and not enough that I expect to be hit in the head by decorations and have to crouch to use the lifts in a 5-star hotel...

I didn't get out to explore the location, but from driving in and out and looking out the windows it seems like there is very little in the immediate vicinity except the casino next door. Probably not the place to stay if you actually want to stroll around Seoul or visit outside shops or restaurants.

Room service was ok, although took double the time they said it would, which chewed into the time I had left before going to catch a flight.

And as I found on my flight home, it is also quite a way from the airport, at least once you allow for traffic. I had arrived in from ICN but left via GMP (Gimpo Airport) which I expected to be much closer. In the end it took 2 hours to get to the airport by taxi, so I almost missed my plane. Hotel staff had advised me earlier in the morning to allow 1 hour for the trip. Not the hotels fault there is traffic of course, but I certainly would have left earlier if I had any idea at all the journey could have taken so much longer.

Staff were just average, and no-one stood out as offering service that was in any way exceptional or even excellent. Definitely not as helpful or friendly as staff at W Taipei. But if I ignore those comparisons with W Taipei, overall, this is still an attractive hotel with nice design elements typical of W. Personally I can't see myself returning since nothing really stands out as memorable, and I would choose a more centrally located hotel if I return to Seoul.

Room Tip: River view was nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM W, General Manager at Vista Walkerhill Seoul - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear MisterPugz,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback as we are always looking to understand and improve on what we can do better. We thank you for noting that you enjoyed the upgraded river view room, and design elements of the hotel. We have shared your feedback with our teams so that we strive to do better for the future, in particular with our conceirge team and providing updated travel advisories as available, and our room service team. I do apologize for the inconveniences and hope to see you back here in the future and would appreciate if you can drop me a note in advance of your stay.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

30-second review: The service, property, amenities, food, and everything else, were so incredible that I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Whether you are looking to have fun in a hip environment, or just looking for a relaxing trip by their cloud-inspired pool setting, the W Seoul Walkerhill has something for everyone. Go there, check it out, and you will see what I mean!

Details: Upon our arrival we were escorted into a posh lobby with vibrant colors, beautiful people, funky music, and a great atmosphere. Followed by a week stay that was no less impressive. It seemed that the W staff was always ready to preempt our every request.

The first day of our stay I sat down with the resident W Insider, and we planned the majority of our trip in just one sitting. She was a fantastic asset while staying there, and my trip to Seoul would not have been half as enjoyable should it not have been for her. She was able to help me with everything from reservations at restaurants and nightclubs to site-seeing and shopping; she was able to facilitate it all without any hesitation.

The motto of the W is ‘Whatever, Whenever’, and we put that to the test one day when my girlfriend asked to plan an impromptu surprise birthday party. I did not think that it was going to be possible on such short notice, however within hours; our friends at the concierge were able to arrange an unforgettable experience for our birthday guest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Michael R,

Thanks for the cool review. We are glad that you were impressed with the impromptu surprise party that the team was able to put together at short notice. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to Sally, our Insider who will be thrilled to note that your enjoyed her tips on things to do and places to go in Seoul.

Safe travels,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The W Seoul is a super cool, super stylish hotel. The design and architecture is amazing, I felt like I was in a futuristic universe!

I stayed for 3 nights with a friend in one of the twin Wonderful rooms. The room was great, although the bathroom took some getting used to! It had no door- just a curtain, and a glass wall (with a blind that could be lowered) between the bathroom and the bedroom. It was an amazing design, but not very practical when staying with a friend. We both agreed that it would be better for a romantic get away!

We had previously spent 4 nights staying in a traditional Hanok in Bukchon village, which was fantastic, but the W was a luxurious treat at the end of the holiday. It is a bit out of the way location wise, but there is a very handy shuttle bus to the metro stop and is only a few stops away from Gangnam. We had seen most of the sights when staying more centrally, so mainly used the time at the W to relax in its wonderful surroundings.

I spent an afternoon at the Away spa, which was one of the best spas I have been to. I had an amazing massage, and with the treatment you get to use the spa are which has different pools and steam rooms etc. The best bit was the outdoor jacuzzis on a terrace overlooking the city. I felt like I was walking on a cloud for the rest of the day! The pool is also really nice, although there were way too many children running around. We also got told off for trying to lie on the giant pool loungers that are submerged in the pool, although I don't know what else they were there for?

The Woo bar was very happening with DJs playing music every night. The cocktails were very impressive, if not a bit pricey.

The W really made our time in South Korea, and would definitely recommend to people who are looking for something a bit different and out of the ordinary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hannah L
GM W, General Manager at Vista Walkerhill Seoul - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Hannah L,

Thanks for the detailed review, and we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to our Away Spa team who will no doubt be delighted with your feedback!

Thanks for the recommendation, and hope to see you back here on your future travels.

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

W Seoul is chic as the other W,very stylish! We spend 4 nights here! We love it!

The lobby is gorgeous, when you walk from the gate to elevator,please pay attention to the wall,you will find something special! The decoration of elevator is interesting,too!

Room is furnished in red and white,simple but stylish! The bathrobe and slippers are red,so special.

W Seoul is located in Walkerhill,you can take airport limousine 6705 from Incheon Airport to hotel, 16000 Won per person.Hotel is far away from downtown,there is free shuttle bus from hotel to nearby subway station,it's convenient,but it still takes time to downtown.

Overall the stay was fabulous! Recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penelope L
GM W, General Manager at Vista Walkerhill Seoul - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Penelope L,

Thanks for the fab review, we appreciate you really enjoyed all the great design and décor features that truly make our hotel stand out especially the wooden mirror in the lobby and the elevator design. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm regards,