“comfort level 200%”
Review of Hato Guest House

Hato Guest House
Ranked #48 of 618 Speciality Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hato is really clean, I can literally roll from level 3 to 1 lol Jin(host) and her husband are really awesome and friendly to the max. My trip to Seoul can never be this good without Hato, the couple put in 101% effort to the interior of the guesthouse and also the cleanliness is beyond words. I've been to Seoul more than once and Hato is really the best :D

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

HaTo is such a great place to stay, so close to Hongdae, subway, bakery etc. Rooms are really clean and spacious. Jin and her husband were really helpful, making phone calls for us to enquire or book things to do. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Even though first time to be in Seoul i never regret staying in hato for 12 nights! Guesthouse is definitely sweet. Just like a mom. She treat us dinner and so concern abt our food consumption(halal food) one member was sick and she even bought vegeterian porridge to ease her down! Room was superb clean! And the pillows and bed are to die for! Always sleeping peacefully! Location wise is daebak! Convenience store everywhr, cafe nearby subway 5 mins walk away and bakery is 2 mins walk away! Shopping area in hongdae is 10 mins walk away!! Definitely peaceful place! And if i ever to come back to seoul! HaTo is sure the place i would come back to! And lastly... its affordable for budget bagpacking trip!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to start my review for this guesthouse. Everything was amazing.

ACCOMMODATION: 11 out 10.

My friend and I booked a room for 2 people and everything was already set up. But later on 3 more friends decided to join, so we had to contact Jin through email to change our reservation. We exchanged emails almost everyday to figure out the new payments and accommodation. Jin replies fast, like after a few exchanges of emails you can tell when she will reply back. And this is within a day. After that was sorted out, a few days later my friends and I decided to go to JeJu Island for a 5 days, so we had to ask Jin if we were getting charged even though we aren't there. We exchanged emails again and solved the problem together (she didn't charge us but we had to leave our stuff downstairs so she can occupy the vacant room for new people for the time being).

When we arrived at the guesthouse late at night, Jin and her husband was there waiting for us. Greeted us and helped us move our stuff to our room which was on the last floor. She explained everything to us and how things work around the house. The next day, she showed us where the "hot" spot (popular spots) on the map.

Everyday she would greet us good morning and serve breakfast and would always ask if we were ok with the room temperature change and such.

On our last day, she noticed we had to much luggages to carry, so she called an airport taxi for us (big van taxi). We needed to make reservations, but somehow she managed to get one on time for us.

Jin and her husband will help you with everything you need to the their best ability.

CLEANLINESS: 11 out of 10

The guesthouse was extremely clean. Like a 5 star hotel. They clean the house everyday and your room. You will never run our of towels or tissue papers etc.

LOCATION: 10 out of 10

Only reason why it isn't 11 is because it is about a 5-7mins walk from the station (depends on how you walk). On the other hand, when we were about to leave, we found a shortcut that will get you to the station way faster lol.

EXPERIENCE: Priceless

Seriously, Jin was very accommodating, funny, really nice, and very considerate. She treated us like her own daughters. Showed us what's around HATO and the local restaurant that are good. Always asks us how we are doing and to dress warmly. I am very thankful for Jins Hato guesthouse. It made my stay in korea a very loveable one. I didn't have to worry about anything.

I HIGHLY recommend HATO for everyone. Price is cheap for this guesthouse. And you get a 5 star hotel treatment.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank joannamie
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First time visiting Seoul and I feel so lucky to have picked and stayed at HaTo guesthouse. No more than five minutes away from Honggik University station, HaTo guesthouse offers a cozy place to stay at during time away from home. Owner Jin treated us like family, giving us advice on places to see in Seoul and reminding us to dress warmly. I strongly recommend this place to other travellers to Seoul. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank hokaryn
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hato is a very new and clean guesthouse. The facilities are good with probably everything you will need. The staff is kind and very hospitable. Not too far from central hongdae area, very convenient to the airport railway.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Nice and comfortable hostel. Convenient location. Host is very nice. I would recommend it to others for sure. It's lovely there. Clean and cozy. I am very happy with it. We arrived early in the morning. Host gave us a lot of information where we could go.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends