Nice Hotel. Small Rooms.
Clean & Well maintained
TV in Room (flat panel) with a few english channels too
Good Wifi in all parts of the hotel
Cheerful and helpful reception staff
Breakfast is upto 1030am - They served bread, preserves, butter, boiled eggs, cold cuts, danish pasties, sliced grilled or fried sausages, juices, tea & coffee
Found it easily as a taxi dropped me there. However, as the website says, it bang behind "Dream Palace" which is opposite the Jongno 3 (sam)- Ga subway station. The bus to the airport is also near this station and it costs 10,000 KWR and is available every 15minutes (took about 50mins to the airport on a Friday afternoon)
Very near to the following: -
1. Guests can stroll to nearby Tapgol Park and view a 10-story stone pagoda. Wongaksa Pagoda is Korea's National Treasure No.2.
2. The Jongmyo Temple is 0.7 km away, this Confucian shrine is dedicated the Royal family of the Korean Joseon Dynasty.
3. The Myeongdong Cathedral is also nearby.
4. Guests can walk just over 1 km to the Changgyeonggung Palace and the Changdeok Palace.
5. Namdaemun Market offers guest the chance to shop Korea's oldest traditional street market within 1.5 km.
6. If you walk out of the hotel in the direction opposite to Insadong, you will come across the newest attraction in Seoul which has a history that is centuries old. Cheonggyecheon stream traversed the center of downtown but was buried under a freeway for 58 years. In October 2005, Cheonggyecheon re-opened with sparkling, free-flowing water, a new cultural museum and performance parks.
7. Insadong - An artist’s haven, the main street of this area is Insadong-gil, where you can find antiques, calligraphy supplies, traditional restaurants and plenty of art galleries. In fair weather, the sidewalk abounds with street vendors selling everything from jewelry to ceramics. This is the perfect walking street for foreign visitors, closed to vehicle traffic on Sundays.
o Subway Line #1-Jonggak Stn or Jongno 3-ga Stn,
o Subway Line #3-Jongno 3-ga Stn or Anguk Stn,
o Subway Line #5-Jongno-3-ga Stn
8. Dongdaemun Market - shopper’s paradise. Once this traditional market has been transformed into an ultra-modern shopping district, dominated by high-rise shopping centers. Clothes, bags, shoes, jewelry, imported goods and even sporting goods can be found at bargain prices from 10:00am to 5:00am.
o Subway Line #1-Dongdaemun Stn,
o Subway Line #2-Dongdaemun Stadium Stn,
o Subway Line #4-Dongdaemun Stn or Dongdaemun Stadium Stn,
o Subway Line #5-Dongdaemun Stadium Stn
9. Gyeongbokgung Palace - Built in 1394 as the main palace, this is the oldest and grandest of the five Joseon Dynasty palaces. The lavish grounds contain a lotus pond and extensive gardens, and currently houses the National Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum.
o Line #5-Gyeongbokgung Stn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Doulos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doulos Hotel Seoul