“Boutique Guesthouse with the personal touch”

Urbanwood Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 959 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Everything about Urbanwood is true to pictures on its website ... but even better in real life! The well-travelled host, Martin, adds the personal touch that makes Urbanwood the perfect boutique guesthouse for independent travellers looking for a genuine homestay experience without sacrificing creature comforts.

The place is brand new and spotlessly clean, the decor contemporary and chic. Everything is colour co-ordinated, right down to the indoor slippers for the different rooms! This shows the meticulous effort Martin puts into making his guesthouse as personalised as possible.

Location:
Steps away from the lively Hongdae cafe and dining zone yet quiet enough for restful sleep.
If arriving by Hongik University Subway Station, take Exit 8. From AREX Station, take Exit 7. Urbanwood is just a short walk from both stations. Easy access to the airport via AREX, even with luggage.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms look great! Go for the Dewy Meadow room with private bathroom, if you do not wish to sha...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Minkz5
424martink, General Manager at Urbanwood Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so so much for your lovely review~!
I've just impressed how detailed and closely described of Urbanwood~!
And it was marvelous time for me to have you two here.
It was a pleasant conversation and I love to see your marvelous smile.
I could not thank you more~!
Come again whenever you are coming back to Seoul.
I am ready for helping your comfortable stay.
I at Urbanwood wish you every happiness for your life.
Martin

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Martin is a great host, always ready to help you. He knows Seoul perfectly and will recommend you the best places of Hongdae.
The house is simply awesome for this price. It is clean, well maintained and perfectly located.
I stayed there for a week and enjoyed a great stay in Seoul.
Book it now!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Adrien_frnl
424martink, 제너럴 매니저 at Urbanwood Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear friend, it was a pure fun to have you in Urbanwood. I know that you were very much enjoyed this trip~^^. I am happy that your stay with Urbanwood was in the same line as mine~. And it was good to see your one of the friend as well. Hopefully see you here on your friend's wedding sooner or later~. Keep in touch and let us know when you come over next~. Good luck~. Martin

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Right at the doorstep, I already thanked Urbanwood for being close to everything - subway station, shops, restaurants, etc. The host, Martin, made our stay in Hongdae even better. He is very accomodating! He didn't just make our stay awesome but he made Seoul easy for us to explore. Everything at Urbanwood has a touch of art done specifically by the host. My mom was very satisfied too and we want to stay at Urbanwood again on our next visit to Korea. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Gailalu

That was a such a lovely review~. Thank you!
It was great to welcome you to Urbanwood as well. It was great chatting with you and your mom, and helping you and your mom out was my pleasure indeed. Hopefully we are seeing you here again sooner or later~. Happy 2014. Martin.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Martin hosted me for 3 nights in March. Being on my own for the first time in Seoul, it worked out beautifully. First, it's a direct ride on the blue subway line from Incheon airport so there was no need to change subways. It was a short walk from the station and Martin sent me very clear directions. Second, the guest house was very clean and neat with a hip modern decor. Martin speaks great English and is a world traveler so has a lot of experience with people from around the globe. He served a very satisfying breakfast and being on my own, he had movies and was happy to chat in the evenings. In addition, he offered a lot of guidance on what to do and see in Seoul. Third or maybe 6th, the location in Hondae is great for restaurants, cafes, and shopping. The Urbanwood Guesthouse is a great place if you want to experience a little of Korean life and culture. Martin is the consummate host.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank sangria2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review~. It was very pleasant to have you in Urbanwood for me as well. I am just happy that you had a marvelous stay with us. We are keeping out place great so the other guests feel the same as you. And hopefully see you in near future on your next visit to Seoul. Thank you so much once again, Martin.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My sister and I stayed at Urbanwood Guesthouse for a total of four nights. Initially we only booked for 2 nights and find it a little costly compared to other guest house. However, I just got to say it is totally worth the money. We felt so comfortable there that we extended our stay. It's my first trip to Korea and I felt that I never left home at all. Martin (the founder) caters to all our needs and even gave lots of personal opinions to where we can go during our stay in Korea. I felt a personal touch to it. Also, its location is very good as there are a lot of 24hrs shops around!! The night life at that location is simply amazing too. If any of my friends are going to Korea and find hotel to be too costly, I definitely recommend Urbanwood guesthouse! The next time I visit Korea, I will definitely be back there!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Zenwl6
424martink, General Manager at Urbanwood Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. My focus of managing the Urbanwood Guesthouse is to offer guests the ultimate comfort. Depends on their needs, we are trying hard to customize to meet their satisfaction. Cause that is the merit of small property to deliver the personal touch. Therefore, please let us know if your friends are willing to stay with us, we will offer them a ultimate satisfaction of their needs. Thank you and hopefully see you guys here in Urbanwood again on your next trip to Seoul. With very best regards, Martin.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was wowed by the host of Urbanwood. Martin is just such a gentleman and he has a keen eye to details and aim to please! So, if you are travelling to Seoul, don't miss out on this little niche of treat. I'm sure you will be in the good hands of taken care by Mr Kim any lesser! He makes an excellent breakfast and he adds a wonderful touch to his retreat that you would be wondering if you are really overseas. He will go beyond the extra mile to make sure your stay is super comfortable. Sometimes I get too comfortable that I wonder if I'm at home! Don't forget to leave him feedback. He loves it and if there's anything to make your stay top notch, don't feel shy to let Martin know as he would take everything into account like how he did for me! Enjoy guys. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Deecraze
424martink, General Manager at Urbanwood Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review~! I believe that the time that I enjoyed the most is the time the guest enjoyed the most as well. So, it was a great time to have you here to Urbanwood vice versa. With your warm heart caring of the society will be remembered forever and your inputs to make the place better is still being considered as jewel. We are keeping on upgrading the place. So, you might be pleased to come over again. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to seeing you here again sooner or later. Kind regards, Martin.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Urbanwood Guesthouse in Hondae during our Korea Trip. I feel glad to have chosen this place. Centrally located, walking distance to train station, restaurants, cafe, shops, pubs, clubs, and you can find hair saloon everywhere as near as downstairs, opposite or next door. One of it opens 24/7 !! I done my hair cut there and love it to bits ! :)
2 stations away from Gimpo Airport, less than 10 mins walk from train station to the guesthouse.
Most important thing is the most friendly ever host, Martin Kim. He cooked us wonderful breaky every morning, bagel with really nice cream cheese, fruits and coffee ! not to forget the beautiful jazz playing on~

Martin worked for tourism before, thus, he is really informative and kind enough to assist us on the trip planning. He keeps the place super clean and beautiful all time so to make the guests feel like home ! We really enjoyed our stay at Urbanwood and will definitely back again, and by that time, we must BBQ at the rooftop as promised by Martin ! Keep it up !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank juzkim

Thank you so much for your awesome review~!!! There are no more things to say than thank you. As much as you enjoyed, I was also had a great fun with you guys. It was a fortune I must to say as a host to have such a fun loving guests with an keen eyes to please the charm atmosphere. We are going to have a fun BBQ time at the rooftop on your return for sure~. Thank you again and hopefully see you guys here again in Urbanwood.
Best regards, Martin