All reviews paris baguette microwave oven washing machine family room hotel is located seoul station corridor taxi alley subway
Reviewed 12 April 2017

A serviced residence, so it's good for business trips. Lots of places to eat in the area.

Just study the location before going. It's rather hard to find (even locals are not familiar with it).

Communication with the staff may be a challenge, too. Be patient.

- - -

NOTE: They tried to transfer me to another hotel (after staying there for a night) when they were overbooked. I refused.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2016

The room is certainly not 58 sq meters, its about the size of an American motel room. No room service the 3 days we stayed, they just changed the towels and clear the trash. Chambermaid was in and out in 30 seconds. No air condition during late April, just too hot and stuffy so we have to leave the windows opened, which meant traffic noise.

Pros: Microwave, washing machine, dishes and cutlery. Bare in mind, no room service so you have to wash all the dishes yourself.

Certainly not a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel, more like 2, and that's being generous.
It was fortunate that we book the hotel for 3 days only although we are staying in Seoul for 13 days. If all you expect is an American type motel, then this is fine. However if you are expecting a hotel rated 3 stars, you will be sorely disappointed. Can say anything about front desk as they speak mostly Korean so we avoided any contact and I think they are glad we did.

Room Tip: I won't book this again.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2015

If you are taking a subway from the airport get off at Hongik University and transfer to LINE 2/ Green line. Then to get to this hotel you need to get off at Seolleung Station (Line2/ Green line) EXIT 4. As soon as you walk out of exit 4, walk straight until you see Paris Baguette & reach the pedestrian crossing. Do not cross. Turn Left and walk up the hill until you see "A twosome place" (dessert restaurant) continue walking until you walk pass the restaurant and the hotel will be to your left next to a convenient store. Seolleung station is only 2 stations away from Gangnam so it's very easy to get to.

If you are taking a taxi, it would cost around 80000 won (about $100 aud) and takes 1 hr.

The rooms are very spacious, comes with a small kitchen, washing machine and free wifi. Very close walking distance to A LOT of restaurants. You can find McDonalds, KFC, Gloria Jeans and lotteria down the road. Banks are around the corner so it's very easy to exchange money.

Only bad thing i could say is the rooms got very hot and stuffy (even with windows opened and heater turned off). When we asked staff how to turn on the AC, considering there was an air conditioner inside the room, they said they had turned off the whole system in the hotel because the weather outside is cold and that it's autumn.. no one would use it. I don't believe the hotel should be making that decision for us as everyone has a personal preference.

But overall this hotel is of good value for the price we paid. I would recommend however if this is your first time in Seoul and you are looking for a good location with parties, nightlife, food stalls, lots and lots of restaurants and markets you should stay in Hongdae (majority of the clubs are open everyday here). If you are looking to stay near Gangnam, this hotel is the perfect location! (clubs in Gangnam usually open thurs-sun)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ssusant
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I stayed here for a couple of weeks and by the end of that time, my room had begun to feel more like a prison cell than a hotel room. As I say in the title, this place is functional, with no frills. Breakfast is included in the price. It's exactly the same breakfast with the same 4 choices every day. There is internet in the room but mine was surprisingly poor quality for S Korea. My room had cooking facilities and a washing machine. The staff on the front desk are helpful and the little convenience store by the front door is a useful addition.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Although the hotel was difficult to find (i am thankful that i read the Tripadvisor first and decided to take a taxi from the airport as my flight only arrived at 10pm at Incheon) as the hotel is located in a side street / alley.
I booked an taxi (international taxi) at the airport and paid a fixed price 75000 Korean Won for the one hour drive from airport to this hotel. If you come by subway you should get off at Seolleung station exit 3 or 4 - short walking distance away and do-able if you don't have too many pieces of luggage.

The room was spacious and seemed clean however i did have some encounters with ants over the course of the 3 days that i was there.

The location is near to Gangnam station (3 subway stops away).

The only thing I would comment on is the staff.

The front desk staff at night seems a bit confused and unorganized. When i checked out - i didn't receive any receipt/tag for leaving my luggage. When i returned to pick up my luggage i found that they just left my luggage in the lobby (unattended). I guess i got lucky that its safe in Seoul. The housekeeping ladies would come clean your room even when you are in the room. They do ring the doorbell before coming in but expect to clean even when you are inside the room.

On the way back i took the KAL airport limousine bus from the Renaissance Hotel which is about 10 minutes walking distance away from Seoul Residence but easily to walk over there. The price: 16000 korean won.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business