“Highly Recommendation”

ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong
Ranked #54 of 474 Hotels in Seoul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great location and price but need update. Stay at ibis at Busan which was very nice new and clean. So I booked the ibis at myeongdong love the price and location. I had a mini suite. The room seem old and carpet very dirty. But can't beat the price with the location. What give?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

JaeKyung_LEE, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Mr./Ms.Dj J,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Seoul. All of us would like to offer our thanks for your kind review.
Concerning the condition of carpet, I will share the issue with our team and it has been carefully noted to be improved for our future planning.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very next future.

Yours faithfully,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

First time staying in this hotel and I must it's the worst of all the Accor group. The only redeeming factor is the location. It's more expensive than any similar class hotel in the myeongdong area even though I booked using my advantage plus gold card. The rooms are small compared to Skypark central.
I used my card for breakfast only to be told the discount is a measly 10%. I normally get 50% at other Accor group hotels. The worse of all is that they offered a cheaper rate for breakfast if I had bought breakfast voucher a day in advance. Staying in this hotel basically rendered my card useless. All the duty manager could say was it's their policy.
This is my first and last time staying in this hotel and I will not recommend it to anyone. My advantage plus card really counts for nought.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kkyang
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Mr. kkyang,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong.
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit and for taking the time to write regarding your comments with us.
May I politely inform you that Ibis brands are offered 10% discount for meal at the restaurant accordings to Accor membership policy. And we offering various benefit for the membership guest (eg; Early check-in/Late check out,welcome drink coupon, special discount off room upgrade etc..)
If you could kindly contact me directly via ibismfo2@ambatel.com with the exact details of your stay I will attend to the matter personally.
Thank you so much.

Santa Fe
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a twin standard room, 17th floor. The view of the skyline and Mt. Namsan was interesting. The staff was super friendly, very helpful and spoke English very well. The beds were firm but comfortable and the pillows, duvet covered comforter were nice and of good quality so felt smooth. The rooms are yes, small, but more than adequate. We had two large suitcases which we were able to leave open. The bathroom was small, but they are efficient and provided a good hot shower with good water pressure. The toilet was high tech with many features!

I needed to buy a cable for my camera and the front desk took lots of time with me to find a store location, calling for me and giving me a map and print out with location.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and thought the location was great. The big
Lotte department store is really right across the street and a pedestrian area just a few yards away...very interesting at night.

I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank SantaFeMaria505
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Ms .SantaFeMaria505,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
I’m so glad that you had a great stay in our hotel and especially, we would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our staff. It is encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our as it is what we strive for everyday.
Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself
We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us soon!

with best wishes,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 week in a Junior Suite. We were so happy with our choice of hotel and room. The location is unbelievable for access to shops, the subway, tourists spots and markets. We walked everywhere. The room (17th floor) had a wonderful panaromic view, through a massive window, of Seoul Tower and Seoul streets. We loved our room for the comfort, views, the space and our comfy, king sized bed. The airport shuttle has a stop outside this hotel making it so so handy. We didn't eat in the hotel because the great food choices outside are incredible and cheap.

Room Tip: Book early for great discounts.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Mr. kevinbreen01,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
I would like to thanking you for taking the time to write a review of Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong on trip advisor. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.

As you wrote in review, Myeong-dong area is indeed vibrant which is part of what attracts many of our guests. Especially, as you mentioned, our location is very helpful to the traveler because it is very near to tourist attractions like palaces, temples and shopping area. Also it is very near to the Seoul Metro stations (Euljiro il-ga) and has Airport Limousine bus stop in front of hotel.

In addition, I'm so glad that you loved the room which has a nice view. If you visit our hotel again, we will try to assign the same room.

Again, thank you for staying with us recently and we would like to welcoming you in the future!

Best Regards,

Surabaya
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Hotel location is Ok and strategic. but kind of weird that the reception Desk is at the very top floor. Due to high occupancy, they kind of forget to include the complimentary drink at my room as usual

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Ms. Linda L,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Seoul Myeong Dong. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will train our staffs to be more accurate when they serve the guests. And if you visit our hotel again, we will offer the complimentary drink coupon. I do appreciate you bringing the issue to my attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.
Also, we are sharing the building with other company, Hence our hotel reception desk located on top floor and guest rooms are from 10th floor to 19th floor.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to serving you again soon!

Kind regards,