“I'd got quite great hospital service during the stay!”

ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong
Ranked #54 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Hakone-machi, Japan
“I'd got quite great hospital service during the stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Above all, Ibis MyungDong Seoul I selected is located as a landmark at the centre of Myungdong so it is very convenient to get to anywhere. The hotel room was not so spacious however, fully-equipped in the room and enough to sleep. I'd like to recommend the hotel if you go to Myungdong for shopping or sightseeing thoroughly:)
by the way, I had unforgettable hospital service in Ibis.
When I visited the hotel to check in, one of staff was waiting for me and he grinned beautifully requesting my passport in spite of late night at that time. Also I asked some questions about tourism attractions of Seoul then he showed surrounding map and explaint to me what I wondered kindly. He did recommend hotel's other facilities and which menu is proper to me at the hotel restaurant. the taste was wonderful and boasting nice ambience. I was highly pleased that he assisted my pampering trip in Seoul. If I visit Ibis Myungdong next time, apparently I want to see him again, Jeff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Ms. amilier,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
I’m so glad that you had a great stay in our hotel and especially, we would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our staff; Jeff.
I have paseed on your praise personally to the staff. Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself
We thank you very much for your patronage nad look forward to having you back with us soon!

Kindest regards,

Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stay for 5 nights on april, hotel location is very convinient, aiport bus 6015 is stop infront the hotel, and myeongdong shoping street is beside the hotel. Only 5 minute from subway. Check in is fast, the service is eficient, got voucher for welcome drinks too, the room size is ok and clean, the amenities is good. First place to stay if i am coming to seoul.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edisalman
Dear Mr. Edisalman,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We are happy to read that you had an wonderful stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel.
It is encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our as it is what we strive for every single day.All of us at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong would like to offer our sincere thanks for your kind review. We would like to welcome you again in the near future!

Best Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Ibis Ambassador, Myeongdong, Seoul, is centrally located and is a handy drop off point for the Airport Limousine Bus Service to and from Incheon Airport. It was for these reasons that we chose to stay for 4 nights in Seoul. Staff were friendly and helpful assisting us in finding our way around this vibrant capital city. The rooms were clean and reasonably well appointed, with a comfortable bed, safe, television, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge and a rather complex toilet. The hotel is right across the road from the Lotte Department store is is close to markets and innumerable restaurants. It also has a gym and spa. Reception is on the 19th floor, which is unusual but seemed to work well. We would recommend the Ibis because of its location, level of service and price. Seoul is a large and complex capital city of an emerging economic Asian powerhouse and well worth a visit and the the Ibis Ambassador is a good place to stay to explore this marvel of a city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Leigh F
JaeKyung_LEE, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Mr. Leigh F,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We woud like to express our gratitude to you for kind comments regarding our hotel.
We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. Your invaluavle comments are very important to us they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality, service and comfort for which Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong is renowned.
We hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!

Sincerly yours,

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Myeongdong itself is a very lively area of Seoul with lots to see and do and the Ibis is at the center of it all. Compared to Lotte, Westin, President hotels (which are all well located themselves) the Ibis is right in the walking/shopping district. The street food vendors are 1/2 block away.

Check in is on the 19th floor which is strange but fine. The concierge on the main floor was helpful and there is a decent seating area in the lobby if you are waiting for friends or a tour guide.

I booked a junior suite and it was very spacious. I had a wonderful view of the main street with all of the lights and activity but the street noise was minimal. I think I was on the 16th floor. The bathroom was small and reminded me of a cruise ship bathroom (one piece molded plastic unit) but was very functional for one person.

The room was equipped with flip flops, ironing board, free wifi, color tv, minibar, febreeze, toiltries and I had no problem finding outlets to charge my electronics. The menu for the hotel restaurant La Table looked very reasonable in choice and pricing but I did not eat there. There are many other great choices right outside the door.

The airport bus stops right out front for both Gimpo and Incheon airports. The hotel also advertises having a free shuttle to nearby major attractions but I did not make use of it. They also offer laundry service at a reasonable price.

While the room was more than I would normally want to pay, I got a decent deal on a prepay rate and the location wa spectacular.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mr. A-M197211625,

Warm Greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on trip advisor regarding your staying in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.
Your kind words have been passed on to our team and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit in the future.
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great location and price but need update. Stay at ibis at Busan which was very nice new and clean. So I booked the ibis at myeongdong love the price and location. I had a mini suite. The room seem old and carpet very dirty. But can't beat the price with the location. What give?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

JaeKyung_LEE, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Mr./Ms.Dj J,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Seoul. All of us would like to offer our thanks for your kind review.
Concerning the condition of carpet, I will share the issue with our team and it has been carefully noted to be improved for our future planning.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very next future.

Yours faithfully,